New Penn | You want my yes vote???

crazy

TB Veteran
Credits
First thing would be for the union to explain exactly what equal sacrifice means..then show me exactly what the non-union personal are giving up.I am not talking about the clerical workers.I mean management right to the top,show me the figures.It seems to me that after the last givebacks the language in the so-called contract{one that we have never seen}was very vague,even the stock thing,the dates seemed to change.What is this new 20% stock deal???Oh I forgot details to be worked out later.Maybe they should just give us the stock instead of having the option of buying it..Why don't they trim some of the management they have, the ones that don't have a clue what they are doing???The ratio of management to workers is mind boggling,They could save there.Give us back all our freight and stop using interline carriers when we have guys sitting.the list could go on and on and the last one would be that there would be absolutely no bonuses, stock options, or any other incentive compensation,including buy out bonuses to the top executives or to any management personal till we are back to full scale and our pensions have been restored.I guess this is more like a Christmas wish list and Santa is on a budget..All of the above or I would still say no...

Better yet how about a nice laid out plan of how they are gonna use the give back money, if it passes. Instead of just pissing it all away, which it seems like they are doing.

I agree, but none of their plans will work. The economy has to do a 180 and yrc needs a huge increase in freight that pays, I don't see it happening in 6-9 months. And yrc is losing millions daily because they don't bring in enough revenue to pay bills. I don't know how the deals with the banks work. But are they getting more in debt by interest because they can't pay the loans? Are they paying only interest on the loans now? Are they paying anything or just racking up more debt?
And wait until this thing goes thru and see how many more jobs they cut.

The harsh reality is union freight members make up only 2% of the IBT's membership! We are not the majority anymore-that would explain the lack of accountability and vague explanation of these newest concessions. Largest single group of Teamsters now is UPS. Let's all wager how fast they buy out of remaining pension funds they are still in after YRCW suspends contributions for 18 or more (don't think for a minute this is the LAST giveback ) and the funds have to find a way to stay at least 80% funded without YRCW's $40 million monthly input.