New Penn | Your Choice

deville00

TB Lurker
Credits
Going over these posts for past couple of weeks, there are a lot of angry people out there. I'm not happy with all of this bullshit either. If the whole situation has got you that pissed off and angry, then why are you putting yourself through it day in and day out (Life is too short). I voted "no" but after careful reconsideration, I am leaning towards changing my vote. Although the amount of money they are paying us is not worthy of our service, I can't afford to loose my health benefits. Have an 11 year old and 15 year old. Never know what can happen. (Going back to the title of this thread. If you honestly feel in your heart that YRC is a goner, then why put yourself through this day in and day out. I for one am getting really tired of hearing about it day after day, week after week, month after month. There are a few head strong opinionated people out there that live for this kind of bullshit. No one has a gun to your head. Again, it's your choice to stay or not). If I offended anybody, I apologize. Just my opinion.

I wish all of you people good luck in whatever happens....

It's a tough situation for everyone of the YRC employees and I can see the stress related posts increasing on a daily basis...

I hope for better days for you all and soon

I've got 2 kids (14) & (17) it's a done deal anyway you look at it. But my vote will stay a NO! I'm not trying to hurt anyone with my opinion, alot of people take it that way. If you look at the situation clearly they are done, we are only buying YRC and the Union time.The writing is on the wall.

I've got 2 kids (14) & (17) it's a done deal anyway you look at it. But my vote will stay a NO! I'm not trying to hurt anyone with my opinion, alot of people take it that way. If you look at the situation clearly they are done, we are only buying YRC and the Union time.The writing is on the wall.

Only time will tell but i hope you are wrong.I think a lot of you guy's are giving up to soon we gotta just wait And see what happens if you recall we were supposed to be done already!

I've gotten analist reports, bank filings, and stock analists reports there in the deep end with no way out. In the next (4) quarter they need hundreds of millions JUST in INTEREST because they keep pushing back their payments. They have as of last week $153 million in cash that will be depleted by sept. The banks have not LENT them ANY $money in a year and a half. They are into the banks for $1.8 billion and have no equity as they keep doing there sell what they have, lease it back.

IF yrc is in deep trouble as everyone says and I mean everyone . How do they stay in business month after month and most importantly. How come it never makes the news I'm off work (injury) and watch tv news all day and I never see anything about yrc This is a giant global company and I never see or hear anything unless it's on trucking boards

Every trucking company that ever went out of business was on Time, Newsweek, ALL the major news stations. Give me a break! Back in Aug. 2001 CF was told on Labour Day by phone and at the time they were NO.1. You either heard by a family member,friend,or a neighbor that they CLOSED. It wasn't in the news until after it happened.

I've gotten analist reports, bank filings, and stock analists reports there in the deep end with no way out. In the next (4) quarter they need hundreds of millions JUST in INTEREST because they keep pushing back their payments. They have as of last week $153 million in cash that will be depleted by sept. The banks have not LENT them ANY $money in a year and a half. They are into the banks for $1.8 billion and have no equity as they keep doing there sell what they have, lease it back.
Our VP of human resources said that they expect to have the bank deals done in 30 days (just in time for the new vote huh?) and that will include finances through next March.

Our VP of human resources said that they expect to have the bank deals done in 30 days (just in time for the new vote huh?) and that will include finances through next March.

Amazing,your VP is telling you thru next march and our management is telling us it will be for 18 months,You just start to wonder if any one really knows.I would assume they are telling us that to get more yes votes....

march is when they would ask for the next give back ur raise plus another 5 % and pay part of your health care

The point made in this post is based on factual evidence anyone can read by searching the Internet. Vote NO and hold your head up knowing New Penn Teamsters did not destroy our beloved company. We have all seen the changes since YRCW bought us. Vote YES and not only set union organizing back many years, but walk away with your tail between your legs when YRC goes bankrupt this winter and loses everything in bankruptcy court. Don't give me the "if things are so bad then quit" bullshit either. I have been on layoff for a long time, now pay Cobra to cover my family when I should be working during the busy freight season, and have exhausted unemployment benefits. I am very angry with what YRCW has done to New Penn, Holland, Yellow, and Roadway. YRCW has damaged all the brands to the point of scaring what is left of our customers to go to other carriers due to the looming YRCW bankruptcy. If you want to debate any of my points , feel free to point out any holes in my argument. I respect the reasons behind some New Penn Teamsters voting YES to help their families and hope for the future. The reality is YRCW has destroyed the future of New Penn. All it would have taken for me to reconsider my NO vote would be some resistance from the IBT to the COO threat by YRCW. The IBT did nothing. They would rather organize fire dispatchers and public works employees to collect monthly dues and not have to deal with the whole multi-employer pension issue. That my brothers is what this is all about. Our pension plan forever changed when YRC and Holland Teamsters accepted to suspend pension contributions. They will never resume. The time you have in now is all you will ever get. Just wait until ABF begins negotiations for their next contract. Does anyone remember they wanted to buy out of pension funds? The handwriting is on the wall my brothers.

I agree why stay, if I hated the job as much as a few of you i would have the balls to resign! People are tied of reading that your a true teamster! You don't care about anyone except yourself. There are plenty of our brothers on layoff that would take your job in a minute.

I agree why stay, if I hated the job as much as a few of you i would have the balls to resign! People are tied of reading that your a true teamster! You don't care about anyone except yourself. There are plenty of our brothers on layoff that would take your job in a minute.

Why is it that if someone wants to vote NO they are told to quit?? Who said we hated our job. We hate the people who destroyed our JOB. So get your Facts straight,read some older posts since you just came on board after the NO vote and maybe you will Understand. By the way so you don't forget the New Penn employees voted 2 to 1 NO. Majority rules so I guess under your rules all the YES voters should resign.

Going over these posts for past couple of weeks, there are a lot of angry people out there. I'm not happy with all of this bullshit either. If the whole situation has got you that pissed off and angry, then why are you putting yourself through it day in and day out (Life is too short). I voted "no" but after careful reconsideration, I am leaning towards changing my vote. Although the amount of money they are paying us is not worthy of our service, I can't afford to loose my health benefits. Have an 11 year old and 15 year old. Never know what can happen. (Going back to the title of this thread. If you honestly feel in your heart that YRC is a goner, then why put yourself through this day in and day out. I for one am getting really tired of hearing about it day after day, week after week, month after month. There are a few head strong opinionated people out there that live for this kind of bullshit. No one has a gun to your head. Again, it's your choice to stay or not). If I offended anybody, I apologize. Just my opinion.
It's also there choice to vote no, is it not? Should the no voters on strikes have had the choice to cross the picket line without being called *****?:ranting2:

If you don't like the way the first vote went why didn't you just QUIT. yOU GET YOUR ONE VOTE, DON'T BERATE OTHERS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T HAVE IT YOUR WAY!:TR10driving03:

And no one has a gun to anyones head that wants to work at non union wages and no pension, so quit and go non union.
Anyone at my terminal knows where I stand (which is a NO vote)and they also know I posted up a 2 page letter stating that a no vote could cause yrc to close, merge or do what they wanted with us.
But I guess some took the tough stance of voting no but now its fight time and you changed your mind. And that is fine with me. And those that know me know I will stick up for any of our guys no matter how they vote, even you deville. :biglaugh: But I am getting tired of idiots who can only say quit if you don't like it. I won't quit ::shit::!!!! I put 22 years in newpenn and I'll stay until I decide its time to leave or they lock the gate.