Yellow | Your decision

remo williams

TB Lurker
Credits
I didn`t really know where to post this,as I`ve read all the post concerning the up-coming vote on the wage concessions. At first, when I heard about the concessions, like many, I was mad as hell! I`ve been following the market and the reports from Dollar Bill, and he telling us one thing and the market analyist telling us something else.
Having said that,look at the area you are in. Are you doing better than the competition? Any lay-offs? If YRC shuts down at the first of the year,or in the near future, would you be well off, better than today? Could you go out right now and get another job for 19.50 an hour, or whatever the concession will bring us to.I know I can`t, not here, and neither can the other 49 Roadway and Yellow brothers in this area. There just isn`t enough Union jobs left for ABF or Overnite to absorb in this area.
I was a strong opponent of the April contract, and will continue to be, but now you and I need to ask ourselves which will be better, 19.50 an hour or 00.00 an hour!:1036316054:

I didn`t really know where to post this,as I`ve read all the post concerning the up-coming vote on the wage concessions. At first, when I heard about the concessions, like many, I was mad as hell! I`ve been following the market and the reports from Dollar Bill, and he telling us one thing and the market analyist telling us something else.
Having said that,look at the area you are in. Are you doing better than the competition? Any lay-offs? If YRC shuts down at the first of the year,or in the near future, would you be well off, better than today? Could you go out right now and get another job for 19.50 an hour, or whatever the concession will bring us to.I know I can`t, not here, and neither can the other 49 Roadway and Yellow brothers in this area. There just isn`t enough Union jobs left for ABF or Overnite to absorb in this area.
I was a strong opponent of the April contract, and will continue to be, but now you and I need to ask ourselves which will be better, 19.50 an hour or 00.00 an hour!:1036316054:

I just remembered a line from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". Uncle Billy says "I'm fifty six years old. I can get a job anywhere."
Right.:eek:

$0.00 is fine with me, let this ship sink..I dont care! The freight will be absorbed by others and they will be highering. I dont have all my crayons in one box, and driving a truck is not the only trade I have. And I don't live beyone my means..Let this ship sink......and your vote dosn't count anyway, so what's the point? Just send it in with a "NO" vote and watch it pass anyway just for kicks..