ODFL | Your friend the safety man

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
When things are slow some people have to show they're still busy and doing their job.Among these is your friendly safety man.Check your equipment close and make the required write ups when something needs repair even if you know it will never be fixed.CYA,CYA,CYA.When you leave a tractor,make sure the inside is cleaned out and any questionable electronics leave with you although I know none of you would have anything of the kind.Never forget...the safety man patrols the highways so drive as if he is always there watching but I realize all of you are very safe drivers and never break any laws so that's no problem.Protect your job.

A clean interior, we are all over that here in PDX. We went to our TM and asked for a vacum at the fuel island, and a few months later we have one. It is great, big long hoses, it will reach to the passenger side without moving the truck.

The safety man, rumor has it that our boy hides in the bushes waiting for the OD trucks to go by. I had a good time with him in the yard one day. I confronted him in the far back corner by the empty line, didn't see his company I.D., I was just doing what they have talked about in our safety meetings.

flybynite is the pdx fuel island pumping fuel yet the last time i was up there it was under construction ive notice last weeks updated fuel guide still has jubitz listed just curious

A friend of mine[at another terminal] mentioned they were checking tractors in the evening to make sure OD's parking procedures were being adhered to,although he never mentioned the safety man,It may have been the T/M doing this.

Our people are checking the tractors, for the proper parking procedures also. They are getting a lot of the drivers for not hanging the airlines and electrical cord properly.

I concure with Billylo, the fuel island is up and running, the new scale works, the vacums are great...............now maybe we can get a automatic tractor wash in the far end bay, where the hose and bucket are. What do you think? It sounds good, but with the economy the way it is I'm probably just having wishful thinking.:hysterical:

now maybe we can get a automatic tractor wash in the far end bay, where the hose and bucket are. What do you think? It sounds good, but with the economy the way it is I'm probably just having wishful thinking.:hysterical:

mrt automatic wash stayes closed more then it is opened these days sometimes ill pull mine in the steam bay if shop is not using it they usually don't mind as long as you clean it up when your finished

Besides proper parking procedures be sure doors are locked and a post trip is in the truck. Don't park a truck anywhere with the keys in it.

Here's a heads up for teams. Some safety men have watched a team at a terminal, if both are out dropping and hooking he has called their home terminal and had their logs checked to be sure they're both on line 4 at that time.

:hysterical:Your kiddin us,right?why do I picture your safety men running around with sunglasses and trenchcoats? So chicken s***. They would have a fieldday at my barn.I've talked to my safety man about major issues and his reply was "give me a list of the offenders" screw off Jack, I brought it to your attention now YOU do your job and check out the trucks,:chairshot:I'm clocking out.

:hysterical:Your kiddin us,right?why do I picture your safety men running around with sunglasses and trenchcoats? So chicken s***. They would have a fieldday at my barn.I've talked to my safety man about major issues and his reply was "give me a list of the offenders" screw off Jack, I brought it to your attention now YOU do your job and check out the trucks,:chairshot:I'm clocking out.
Our safety guy out here is a pretty easy guy to get along with[not a lot of cloak and dagger stuff] However if he's at your barn,you have to figure he's going to do his job.besides there's few things I hate to see more than air lines dragging on the ground,there's a place to hang them up ,not doing so is just plain lazy.:chairshot:

Besides proper parking procedures be sure doors are locked and a post trip is in the truck. Don't park a truck anywhere with the keys in it.

Here's a heads up for teams. Some safety men have watched a team at a terminal, if both are out dropping and hooking he has called their home terminal and had their logs checked to be sure they're both on line 4 at that time.
Must be the Ind safty guy at it again