FedEx Freight | You're in the news

Teamsters’ Efforts Advance at Con-way, FedEx LTL Units
By Rip Watson, Senior Reporter

Copyrighted material cannot be posted here without permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya think?
Looking at the map, it is headed your direction.

I fear its going to hit a wall when it does. Jersey, Chicago. Those are gimmies.

We still havent heard anything. On top of which, id say a solid 95% of the drivers in our region are strongly anti-union. Going back generations.

Be interesting.

I fear its going to hit a wall when it does. Jersey, Chicago. Those are gimmies.

We still havent heard anything. On top of which, id say a solid 95% of the drivers in our region are strongly anti-union. Going back generations.

Be interesting.

What area u from?

He is from south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Right to work country. All of the benefit and no risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't get no more anti-union than the south...But, CLT and Richmond have both fallen. CLT was a big deal for the south....

No matter where you're from, you cant run the whole country from there.

Be interesting.

North Carolina has the lowest union density in thecountry. Charlotte is in early. Things changed in 1980. Hopefully it changes back now.

Be interesting.

Be interesting.

Ok, this is a no BS, serious question. RC is in his cage, bound and gagged.

What is it that makes a Southerner so strongly anti-union?

Be interesting.
Sorry but we are here in the south tired of our treatment. Its coming to your center. It may be there already. There not talking or asking you because the already know where you stand.

Ok, this is a no BS, serious question. RC is in his cage, bound and gagged.
What is it that makes a Southerner so strongly anti-union?

I'm no history expert, but I recently watched a show on PBS called "The Uprising Of 34" about the General textile strike in 1934. The southern mill workers in particular were treated very badly, some murdered, many blacklisted. The wiki here touches on some of the reasons: Textile workers strike (1934) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia