Yellow | YRC Back From The Abyss.....

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."

The company thinks the Teamster leadership is "outstanding", the membership thinks they "suck", there's something wrong with this picture.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."

The company thinks the Teamster leadership is "outstanding", the membership thinks they "suck", there's something wrong with this picture.
damn......i thought greasey jammie was bad...this broad and tank full of crap,,,,tell er to take some flexarell..i really think being bent over for 10yrs is way to long,way to long....The working class of teamster members ,,not the lying bench warmers_you know,the ones that have to work for a living,HAVE GAVE YOU BASTARDS ENOUGH FLEX,,,ITS TIME YOU GIVE IT BACK TO YOUR EMPLOYEES!!!! We aint buying your bullsh@# rhetoric!....if you people at the top think that we need to bend over again to keep your stock options going why we keep stagnation,,you lost your friging mind......scrap metals going to go threw the roof across the country....just lock it up,shut it down,theres other co. doing just fine without always asking there employees to bend over and kiss there totos....if you idiots cant make it another 5 yrs without expecting us to give in ,,yet again,,for zollars/hoffas sellout to you people....youve lost your damn mind.....

Everyone agrees that economy is booming and jobs are plentiful. When we went through the first MOU we were dealing with the recession and we all heard “ you have to pass this, there are no jobs out there, the economy is bad, doom and gloom”

What will they use during contract negotiations to get your vote on anything that’s not positive towards the labor this time.

What will they use during contract negotiations to get your vote on anything that’s not positive towards the labor this time.[/QUOTE]
Union leadership.

Notice that there isn’t anything of a hint in her comments acknowledging the reality that the members must approve of the proposal before it becomes a contract.

8KI4wkH.jpg

"The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."
Stephanie Fisher, YRC Worldwide Chief Financial Officer

JwNvo4P.jpg

"Thanks Stephanie, we here at the IBT have your back"!
Ernie Soehl, Director, Teamsters National Freight Division

:chairshot::wtflol:

qn1YP6B.jpg

And we thought the ABF Freight negotiations were tough?!
:stirthepot: