Yellow | YRC Freight Joins uShip LTL Marketplace?

In 30 minutes or less

Sounds about right brother made a deliver with one of these shippers to a residental. Put it inside the garage for her as our policy has no walking inside deliveries (cause the dirt or grease on my work shoes gets on carpet they file a claim). They open cartons to inspect items and then request to have cardboard and plt taken back to truck :LMAO:. Tell them that its a safety issue and I can not work around it (keep it clean , keep it bright). They get peed and I then explain my point that its what they paid for in their packing and shipping cost. "So let me explain, if you order to have a pizza delivery to your house and when it arrives. Do you pay the driver for the pizza and take the pizza out of the box?" I get them every time when they say no and I say my point exactly, Thank you for using YRC:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds about right brother made a deliver with one of these shippers to a residental. Put it inside the garage for her as our policy has no walking inside deliveries (cause the dirt or grease on my work shoes gets on carpet they file a claim). They open cartons to inspect items and then request to have cardboard and plt taken back to truck :LMAO:. Tell them that its a safety issue and I can not work around it (keep it clean , keep it bright). They get peed and I then explain my point that its what they paid for in their packing and shipping cost. "So let me explain, if you order to have a pizza delivery to your house and when it arrives. Do you pay the driver for the pizza and take the pizza out of the box?" I get them every time when they say no and I say my point exactly, Thank you for using YRC:)
While you're at it make sure you get it signed for before you take it down if you can't get it back in by yourself when you ultimately end up taking it back. Then remember they are not allowed to open it before they sign for it either. It's yours until they sign for it and you say, "hands off 'til it's yours, I don't take it back because you don't like the color". When they ***** about that ask them, "Do you open the box of Cheerios in the grocery store before you pay for them? And you're not opening this before it's yours either".

My personal favorite is telling them this one: "When you buy a candy bar, you get the wrapper too"

It amazes me why anyone would complain about this type of work when we're on the clock for all of it.

While you're at it make sure you get it signed for before you take it down if you can't get it back in by yourself when you ultimately end up taking it back. Then remember they are not allowed to open it before they sign for it either. It's yours until they sign for it and you say, "hands off 'til it's yours, I don't take it back because you don't like the color". When they ***** about that ask them, "Do you open the box of Cheerios in the grocery store before you pay for them? And you're not opening this before it's yours either".

ABFer a couple of our ABF brother here were making a turn key delivery in this upscale high dollar home. The lady of the house wanted them to take the shipment out of the box and carry it upstairs. The drivers stated they would do it when they got it to the room upstairs and the woman had a **** fit called her husband who then called the dispatch of ABF. Dispatch told them to take it out the carton and the result was scratched up hardwood floors and holes in the wall on the staircase. Long short of it.....Looks like the customer knew what they were doing cause they filed a $5,000 claim to repair the damages to the house.

Supervisor then issued the senior driver a verbal warning letter with an estimate of the claim filed:cuss: That is the thanks we all get when we're trying to do our jobs but management blames us for their mistakes.