Estes | YRC must think this is a game of Monopoly

BTW,also saw a sign posted at 017,that the bunkrooms will be closing today(permanently) due to close proximity to dock and hazmat on the dock.Can anyone confirm if this is companywide??

Made it interesting going west of Denver one time, god I hope I never get forced to do that again, its bad enough out east sometimes, I would rather go uphill then downhill in these trucks..

They had debt, but not like American Freightways... All companies have a certain amount of debt, no getting around it... I was told that when Fred bought AF, they had over 300 million in debt.... Hell, we have debt, and we were considered the most debt free freight line in the business at one time...

Ok, I'll take your word on that Starks. Makes sense to me.

Ok, I'll take your word on that Starks. Makes sense to me.

I wouldn't take his word for it, He's trying to make a fact over something he heard? I worked at Big R 21yrs before this cannibal Yellow took us over on a leverage buy out. our books were straight and most of my career at Big R they were completely debt free and everything was paid for. at the time of the take over Roadway had less than 50Mil of debt on the books but they were still keeping a positive cash flow; as a multi billion dollar corporation thats what made them so attractive for that company busting cannibal Yellow to take them over. I didn't like working for them but I did admire the way they ran their business! I'm now at YRC I hate YRC they may as well put Yellow back up on everything, it's a pig p o s company!

I wouldn't take his word for it, He's trying to make a fact over something he heard? I worked at Big R 21yrs before this cannibal Yellow took us over on a leverage buy out. our books were straight and most of my career at Big R they were completely debt free and everything was paid for. at the time of the take over Roadway had less than 50Mil of debt on the books but they were still keeping a positive cash flow; as a multi billion dollar corporation thats what made them so attractive for that company busting cannibal Yellow to take them over. I didn't like working for them but I did admire the way they ran their business! I'm now at YRC I hate YRC they may as well put Yellow back up on everything, it's a pig p o s company!

Less then 50 million in debt? So they did have debt.

Then they had debt.. True?

They had debt, I don't remember the number, it was from the Riemer and New Penn deals. The way I remember it the 2 companies, Riemer and New Penn, were generating enough profit on there own to service the debt which rendered it pretty much inconsequential. I worked at Roadway as a linehaul driver for 33 years and then did 2 years hard time at YRC and then I bailed.

BTW,also saw a sign posted at 017,that the bunkrooms will be closing today(permanently) due to close proximity to dock and hazmat on the dock.Can anyone confirm if this is companywide??

I've heard this rumor too. That covers nearly all bunk rooms. I wonder what they'll do in Atlanta, Marietta, and Louisville?

He doesn't realize, he's not offending me at all.. His tough guy words only proves that he's overly-sensitive about the subject...Hey fr8man, Roadway had debt that YOU didn't know about.!!!!(But I'm just making sh!t up) LMAO

He doesn't realize, he's not offending me at all.. His tough guy words only proves that he's overly-sensitive about the subject...Hey fr8man, Roadway had debt that YOU didn't know about.!!!!(But I'm just making sh!t up) LMAO
Roadway Corp. had something like $400 million in debt when Yellow Corp. bought them. It was from the buyout of Arnold Industries which ultimately gave Roadway Corp. New Penn Express. This stuff is no secret.

hey maybe if yellow buys abf, then maybe estes can buy all the old raggady, wore out,rat infested terminals that they dont want!!! oh and throw in all the wore out equippment that estes can buy at a good price!!!!

hey maybe if yellow buys abf, then maybe estes can buy all the old raggady, wore out,rat infested terminals that they dont want!!! oh and throw in all the wore out equippment that estes can buy at a good price!!!!

Well when we bought some of those Holland terminals and started leasing them back to them there was a month where they couldn't afford all of their rent so we took some of their ratty equipment as payment

Roadway Corp. had something like $400 million in debt when Yellow Corp. bought them. It was from the buyout of Arnold Industries which ultimately gave Roadway Corp. New Penn Express. This stuff is no secret.
Now for the first time in 6 years yrc shows a positive profit of $.30 cents for every $100.00 they spend and they want to buy a company that spends $105.00 for every $100.00 they make. I'm convinced a democrat is the mastermind behind this operation

Now for the first time in 6 years yrc shows a positive profit of $.30 cents for every $100.00 they spend and they want to buy a company that spends $105.00 for every $100.00 they make. I'm convinced a democrat is the mastermind behind this operation

Im convinced the government bailed YRC out like they did the automakers. Im willing to bet YRC bellied up to the White House and said if you don't help us stay afloat and bail us out of our bankruptcy then your gonna see the national unemployment rate sky rocket. We all know Mr. Pres has to protect his reputation and make it look like he actually succeeded while in office.

There was no degrading going on here mud, just using as an example....

Im convinced the government bailed YRC out like they did the automakers. Im willing to bet YRC bellied up to the White House and said if you don't help us stay afloat and bail us out of our bankruptcy then your gonna see the national unemployment rate sky rocket. We all know Mr. Pres has to protect his reputation and make it look like he actually succeeded while in office.

Now that you mention it, I have a friend that worked out of KC and said there were suits around the corporate office for about a week just before Zollars made his retirement announcement... But he was told they were from Germany... Why, they were there, he didn't know...

Rob already said that won't happen again...