Yellow | YRC Press Release 3 12 2013

I totally agree with "shaking the tree." My family has made the move once in 2000 and have ran out of two other terminals for a total of 3 since then. The kids are almost finished with school and here we go again. Living a split family home is hard and taxing on the body. Thankful to still have a job and insurance for my family but tired of it all.

In May of '08 Jevic Transportation went belly up with no notice. We were told on Monday morning we would all be unemployed at close of business Thursday. I had 11 years with them, senior driver west of the Mississippi. 32 years in trucking , impeccable credentials. I got hired almost immediately as a casual road driver at Bloomington Ca. with then Roadway. That was working out pretty well until the merger with Yellow consolidated all Yellow road drivers into the Roadway shop. I was out of a job again. Well, enough is enough and after spending all of my adult life in the trucking business I walked away (or was more correctly "chased out") and went to nursing school. Have not regretted the choice for a minute. I suggest, if you can, to get the hell out of the trucking business! Its a dying occupation, thanks to deregulation and the greed (and stupidity) of management and union alike. You'll all be working for Schneider or JB Hunt soon.

Cap,
congratulations on getting out and being able to provide for your family, that sir, IMO is the bottom line, what this is all about.

With that said, your right, If things continue on the course that they are taking right now, our ability to provide for our family's and having any kind of security in our retirement is in jeopardy and it looks to me anyway, like we have 3 choices here; 1), sit back and allow it to happen, 2) get out while the gettings good or, 3) stand up, unite and fight like our For-Fathers did for their family's...

Again, congratulations to you on being able to get out and provide for your family, I wish you and your family nothing but the best....Me, I choose to stand up and fight.

When I heard that Yellow was taking over Roadway, I said that Yellow would take down Roadway just like they did with the other companies they bought. I believe I'm still right. First they take all the money Roadway had and spend it, they take over the equipment, shove around the union members with COO's and close the doors on them little by little. It's just what they are doing now. Pretty soon Yellow will run out of option's and take themselves out of the game when the 'upper echelon' has it's money and doesn't want to play the game anymore.

Galen Roush is probably spinning in his grave. To bad his son and daughter didn't have the same dedication, but then a lot of children of founders don't have the desire to carry on what their parents started. They don't care for the people who work for the companies, all they care about is money they'll get out of selling off the company. Too bad the employee's of Roadway weren't able to buy the company and run it themselves. Roadway might have still been #1. When I was still working for Roadway and running the district runs, a lot of customers told me they didn't like Yellow. I bet they went to other carriers after I went to the Harrisburg bid and after Roadway got taken over by Yellow.

The sun will be setting on Roadway and maybe Yellow too.

Yes, here we go with another COO! However most will agree that business is slowly
progressing every quarter post Zollars. I did'nt move last coo because it was Welches
1st since his return. Were still in business so this year I want some of the pie via mov
-ing expense dollars and live like a hermet if need be. I or you can't change how YRCF
treats there drivers but I know how to adapt to changes and put some cash in my pocket!
Change sucks, some of us been getting cake and eating it too! The rest getting crumbs
but instead of complaining adapt or move on.

Fellow members I posted the above a week ago, without understanding whats at stake.
I finally talked to my IBT BA today. I understand that YRCF did not involve the IBT on this
proposed change. This may not go through (understandedly) and this could get ugly do
to the bold statement there conveying. Good luck to everyone involved!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fellow members I posted the above a week ago, without understanding whats at stake.
I finally talked to my IBT BA today. I understand that YRCF did not involve the IBT on this
proposed change. This may not go through (understandedly) and this could get ugly do
to the bold statement there conveying. Good luck to everyone involved!

OK, why should they involve the IBT on the COO....Contract calls for them to submit a PROPOSAL in a timely manner, and then a meeting will be held locally, and then with the IBT Committee and the Local Unions involved and then a decisions will be rendered......you can't make me believe that during the last 2-3 months of greivence hearings that the "rumor" of a pending COO has not been discussed among themselves....but the canned answer is always...."Yeah, I have heard rumors but I have not seen anything in writing".....come on now.....KK

PS.....Has anybody yet noticed that the letter to the IBT was originally dated 2/11/13, for a hearing on 3/20/13, yet the IBT did not receive it until 3/11/13?.....So this was kept quite for 30 days?.... yeah.....me too!

PS.....Has anybody yet noticed that the letter to the IBT was originally dated 2/11/13, for a hearing on 3/20/13, yet the IBT did not receive it until 3/11/13?.....So this was kept quite for 30 days?.... yeah.....me too!

c'mon KK you know the answer to this, the invisible ink wasn't dry yet, and with all the pencil erasures in the zip code listing, they had to retype it. Typical float up everything, settle for most.

old road driver at one time said Roush daughter was looking to buy us back. At one point when the stock was way down. That' was about the time Yellow went to the banks and asked them to excuse the debt for them to get the primary run of the company. And at one time when we were a bigger number about the time of the merger we would have had primary control if each member bought $10,ooo.00 worth of stock. But as many time as this company tanked the stock on purpose you could not trust the Feds to step in on insider trading charges on the upper management. They tanked it because if the stock got over the initial buy. Thatwould be profit. Sad no bonus was the deal. I believe that when they give these board members anything above their paycheck that is a bonus. Read the stock gives to these yo-yo's. The contract should have cancled all gives to any board members and management. Thee agreement was suppose to be a slap on the back. Buddy buddy. You take the cut in pay to help us keep the doors open. We will not give bonus's and we will take a cut in pay. If we brake these rules you get your money back. Now mathematically next year at this time with our numbers between the 15% ant the pension give back they will be out of bebt. Will this happen. No they will draw it out till 2015 and be like Scroodge MCDuck . They might not have a big vault, but they will swim in our money until the piggy bank breaks. HOPE THEY ALL JUMP IN and can not get out. GLUG GLUG GLUG>

OK, why should they involve the IBT on the COO....Contract calls for them to submit a PROPOSAL in a timely manner, and then a meeting will be held locally, and then with the IBT Committee and the Local Unions involved and then a decisions will be rendered......you can't make me believe that during the last 2-3 months of greivence hearings that the "rumor" of a pending COO has not been discussed among themselves....but the canned answer is always...."Yeah, I have heard rumors but I have not seen anything in writing".....come on now.....KK

So what is going on here, why the hush-hush nature? Last years coo was agreed on and now history.This
year IBT saying no talks at all for march, april maybe not at all. I pray no lines are being drawn on a sudden
break down of communication! So were all going to go HMMMMM untill this play out!

Hi Ponytail. Yeah, retirement has been good (12 1/2 years), & not taking any pills yet at age 70, but have been eating too many goodies--gained about 25 lbs. Our son passed away in Aug. 2003 at age 28 from cancer, but everything else has gone well. I live in same house east of Toledo that I did when I hired in casual in June '87. In 92 when N. Lima opened, wife didn't want to move, so I packed big bag, & moved back in with my mother in Salem, OH. I worked my trips, then came home on days off. We did that 3 weeks short of 8 years till I retired at age 57 with 29 yrs paid in, 34 years total. I've still got the CDL, but haven't worked 1 minute for anyone since retirement. I really hated to hear that Yellow was buying Roadway. It gave me a bad feeling then, & has proved to be very bad for many families. I miss all of the people/friends, but I'm glad I'm out of it. Take care Gary ([email protected])

Hi Shadow. Sorry it took this long to reply. I don't check this like I should. Try to come to the Retiree breakfast at The American Table restaurant on Wheeling Street, just south of Navarre Ave. (Rt. 2) in Oregon, OH at 8 A.M. on 2nd tuesday every month if you can. Send me an email at [email protected] sometime. Tell better half I said Hi. Gary