XPO | YRC rumor, another paycut

Check Less

TB Lurker
Credits
Was talking to some drivers today that said they heard YRC was going to be asked to take another paycut as early as tomorrow. Has anyone heard this? For our sakes I hope this is just a bad rumor. If you all remember the last time they took one Con-Way was right on there heels. I know some drivers want to see YRC fail, but remember people without the union lines we would not have the good pay and benefits that we have. They fought for the good pay and perks. We would all be driving for 10.00 an hour with no benefits if it was not for them. Lots of luck to those drivers.

Not gonna happen...They are under contract, and there is no concessions without a vote...even if YRC asked for one tomorrow, it would take at least a month to get to a vote..
And last time, Con-way waited a full quarter before announcing pay cuts...plenty of others in line behind YRC before we did ours..

Was talking to some drivers today that said they heard YRC was going to be asked to take another paycut as early as tomorrow. Has anyone heard this? For our sakes I hope this is just a bad rumor. If you all remember the last time they took one Con-Way was right on there heels. I know some drivers want to see YRC fail, but remember people without the union lines we would not have the good pay and benefits that we have. They fought for the good pay and perks. We would all be driving for 10.00 an hour with no benefits if it was not for them. Lots of luck to those drivers.
You may be right about some drivers wanting to see YRC fail, but I would guess maybe 95% or more of us drivers want them to be around for a long time. Now on the other hand, I would say an overwhelming majority of CON-way management would love to see YRC fail.

There doesn't seem to be any chatter about this on YRC's board.......If it were even close to a rumor, someone would be posting about it over there.

I saw something this weekend that made me scratch my head. Yellow and Roadway were in seperate terminals a few miles apart from each other like they were in many places. A while back Yellow moved into the Roadway terminal like about a couple of months ago. Anyway I was through the part of town where the new consolidated terminal is and it looks they have closed up shop there. The only thing on their yard was a couple of dollies and a couple of storage trailers. Seemed a little strange to me but who knows maybe they moved into a larger facility I don't know about.

Your right Brother, I think the max. they can ask for is 15% under the terms of the contract, but havnt heard any rummors about another pay cut in Michigan.

There doesn't seem to be any chatter about this on YRC's board.......If it were even close to a rumor, someone would be posting about it over there.

I'm not trolling fellows,but yrc does want to forgo pension contributions for an unspecified number of months.i like my job and want to keep it but i think you can put a fork in this one.i think we're done.:TR10driving03:

I'm not trolling fellows,but yrc does want to forgo pension contributions for an unspecified number of months.i like my job and want to keep it but i think you can put a fork in this one.i think we're done.:TR10driving03:

The hill is getting steeper, to be sure, but I wouldn't bring out the silverware just yet..

The hill is getting steeper, to be sure, but I wouldn't bring out the silverware just yet..

Well I speak the truth when I say I hate to see Yellow's demise but this I know. If it does happen, there will be no warning. Just locked gates. And then our wages/benefits get even worse........

Two interesting perspectives...one essentially giving up the ghost...the other holding out for hope.

The whole YRC thing isn't done by a long shot...for one thing they owe too damn much money...and so far the banks are not yet wanting to call in loans.

As long as this trend continues...YRC will be around...in whatever form it may evolve into. There are a lot of options yet to be played out...and these things take time. As long as Zollars can continue to convince YRC's creditors there is still hope then things will continue to play out.

When (or if) that fails to happen...then the courts will get a hold of things and it will be anyone's guess what the court appointed controller will do or recommend.

Time will tell.

Rat :shift:

Two interesting perspectives...one essentially giving up the ghost...the other holding out for hope.

The whole YRC thing isn't done by a long shot...for one thing they owe too damn much money...and so far the banks are not yet wanting to call in loans.

As long as this trend continues...YRC will be around...in whatever form it may evolve into. There are a lot of options yet to be played out...and these things take time. As long as Zollars can continue to convince YRC's creditors there is still hope then things will continue to play out.

When (or if) that fails to happen...then the courts will get a hold of things and it will be anyone's guess what the court appointed controller will do or recommend.

Time will tell.

They're to big to fail....That will be Obama's response. He's bailing out everyone else, why would YRC be any different? Especially since he got elected, in large part, by the Onions(can't sat the U word). Why do you think him and the Dems are so intent on pushing card check through? Just watch, and remember you saw it here first, Obama will bail out YRC.

Time will tell.

They're to big to fail....That will be Obama's response. He's bailing out everyone else, why would YRC be any different? Especially since he got elected, in large part, by the Onions(can't sat the U word). Why do you think him and the Dems are so intent on pushing card check through? Just watch, and remember you saw it here first, Obama will bail out YRC.

I doubt it...no political capital to gain from it. John Q. has no idea who we are or what we do...and they don't care.

Only us in the business are aware what is going on...If the YRC problem was a major national headline then things would be different...that is what Capitol Hill understands...no headlines...no problems...head in sand!!!

Rat :TR10driving03:

Well I speak the truth when I say I hate to see Yellow's demise but this I know. If it does happen, there will be no warning. Just locked gates. And then our wages/benefits get even worse........

We have had this discussion before, I am sure...why does anyone think that if YRC goes down, so does our livelihoods..??
Freight represents less than 10% of the Teamster's membership, they aren't going anywhere if YRC should close...

Think about it..

We have had this discussion before, I am sure...why does anyone think that if YRC goes down, so does our livelihoods..??
Freight represents less than 10% of the Teamster's membership, they aren't going anywhere if YRC should close...

Think about it..

I did think about it. Not only is Yellow at/near the top of the pay scale (before concessions) but the labor market would be flooded with drivers. Supply and demand dictates that with more labor available, then our corporate brethren can pay less.

Do you think Conway is going to pay higher wages because they feel obligated or because they care? The drivers of Conway owe their livelihood to the teamsters for setting the bar with livable wages and benefits and with the biggest benchmark gone, our leaders will swoop in and capitalize. Check our recent history. They have that obligation to the stock holders.

Conway will do what ever they can to reduce labor costs.

Of course if people live the dream, they will think different then I.

I did think about it. Not only is Yellow at/near the top of the pay scale (before concessions) but the labor market would be flooded with drivers. Supply and demand dictates that with more labor available, then our corporate brethren can pay less.

Do you think Conway is going to pay higher wages because they feel obligated or because they care? The drivers of Conway owe their livelihood to the teamsters for setting the bar with livable wages and benefits and with the biggest benchmark gone, our leaders will swoop in and capitalize. Check our recent history. They have that obligation to the stock holders.

As long as a threat remains, it doesn't happen...just my opinion..

i cant help but believe what he said as well, and it scares the crap out of me.

I work for the YRC, just rumor haven't heard nothing except there will be some more layoffs as they combine more locations with two barns into one. With that magic number of 400 or so barns nationwide there will be some additional job cuts loss in management & labor.

My barn will be closing/moving on May 8th then there will be a few guyz laid off, yeah its bad medicine but you gotta take it to get well supposely. Bottom line the get well pill is the economy.

UPDATE !!!!! Just seen on Fox News that YRC has asked the Federal Government for a $1 billion bailout. Did I not tell you all this would happen?