Yellow | YRC to shed another 50 Terminals

Texas Larry

TB Lurker
Credits
Just after the yes vote on the earnings call today Smid says they are working towards 300 terminal from the 350 they have now......

"There will be some continued consolidation of facilities as we work through this year into the next," Michael J. Smid, president of YRC, told analysts Friday.
When asked if the goal might be a 300 terminal network, Smid said, "We will continue to work toward that number. Eventually it will be slightly less than that."

How do you keep downsizing and still pay off a 575 million dollar debt? It`s just a matter of time until this whole house of cards falls down. The worst part of this mess is that Zollars will be fine and the company he destroyed will hurt the 30 to 60 thousand loyal employees,both labor and management that made this company.

How do you keep downsizing and still pay off a 575 million dollar debt? It`s just a matter of time until this whole house of cards falls down. The worst part of this mess is that Zollars will be fine and the company he destroyed will hurt the 30 to 60 thousand loyal employees,both labor and management that made this company.
That's the American way. Just depends on what class your in. The nobility never gets hurt.

There is no 575 million debt last account I had was more like 1.4 Billion. And they got to borrow another 330 million to get through January ?

Last edited by a moderator:
YRC Worldwide sold $36 million in excess property in the third quarter, when it reported a $62 million net loss for the quarter on $1.13 billion in revenue.

WOW!

So anybody got the list. I mean it must exist, after all this is part of the "comprehensive turnaround plan".

What? This news is not big news. They have said for months now they were closing terminals. We were all specutaling on which ones.

Maybe some of the terminals are the duplicate in Reddaway, Holland and New Penn territories. The threat is out there.
my guess is all of reddaway and any cities with two terminals, will be brought into one. anyway you look at it , layoff layoff layoff. oh then they can bring in layoff for 4 hours, and if layoff turn it down . 14 dollar an hour casuals. will come in and work . what you think.

my guess is all of reddaway and any cities with two terminals, will be brought into one. anyway you look at it , layoff layoff layoff. oh then they can bring in layoff for 4 hours, and if layoff turn it down . 14 dollar an hour casuals. will come in and work . what you think.

My guess is you are pretty much right. Wait until they have "work force" employees working the freight. Oh the company can save a lot of money with these people.

Word is they are going to lay off 5% of the road board by dec 1 at 309. Then they want to bring the road board down from 504 to 300. The price of your yes vote was your job, oh thats right albag does'nt have to worry, he's got his.