Yellow | YRC will soon start making dollars, says Zollars

the reason you lease trucks is so you can turn them in . when carolina was bought by abf carolina started leasing the first of the year that abf had bought them so when when abf took over all they had to do was turn them in. it is a quick way to CLOSE!!!!!!!!

slowhand i went through the carolina//abf fiasco..i am laid off after 25+ years in the teamsters..alot that is being done we have seen before..the only difference is yrc or yfc (your forgotten childen) is run by a piece of ::shit:: that doesent have a clue. In toledo after the merger we went from 300 dock,city,road and mechanics to after the recent lay off...37 bids..it amazes me that anyone on this board would believe anything dollar bill has to say. Its easy to feed people crap when your still recieving a pay=check. Having alot of time on my hands..thanks to bill..nothing i have read or anyone i have talked to gives this company a snow balls chance in @#$$ of making it!!! I have alot riding on ths company...but i am also a realist..when you keep losing money.eventually the banks will pull the plug..no life-support..no code R.I.P.

Somebody explain this to me. Capacity has been reduced by 35%. However volumes were still at the same level as the 3rd quarter of last year. Huh? I know of over 100 people in Denver who were working during the 3rd quarter of last year who are on layoff now.

Lies

Remember.....YRC= Your Ruined Company......Zollars will continue downsizing this company throughout the year until we're down to one terminal and 4 trucks....a size that's a little more manageable...

To begin with, I retired in 1997 from USF Holland and have kept watch of all the turmoil that has transpired. I worked for Interstate Motor Freight System till they went broke, then onto CF and worked there for six years and saw that their operation was similar to Interstate`s and went to Holland where I felt like I was in Heaven with such a good company. The dispatcher told me that the drivers were the life blood of the company and I soon found out. The dispatchers listen to the cares of the drivers and the movement of freight. After I retired, I saw the same old dismal problems erupting at Holland. They instituted a bunch of bean counters and started blowing freight into the trailers. You cannot run an operation like that and expidite freight as they did in the past. It has been downhill all the way from there. When the companies realize that the drivers are the ones that make the companies prosper, they will be profitable. I can only feel for you folks behind the wheels out there and the problems you face with management that you have. I emailed the CEO of YRC and it was rejected and returned. It is no wonder that he has you in a mess. My prayers are out for each and everyone of you.

Are YRC mechanics union?

yes, they make a few cents more, but not much. The reason I mentioned leasing is that they kept their trucks forever and did things like having an oil dripper system on the road tractors that way they never changed oil. It seems to me after 4-5 years you own the tractor and all you should have to do is maintain the truck. If you buy all the same trucks they are easy to stock parts for too. They still work on the daycabs and aren't leasing them as far as I know.

from what the last zollars post said hey have 27 million left in revolving cash avail....i will say one thing a ton of people are amazed yrc is still in business and give credit where credit is due...he is scratching and clawing to stay alive...

from what the last zollars post said hey have 27 million left in revolving cash avail....i will say one thing a ton of people are amazed yrc is still in business and give credit where credit is due...he is scratching and clawing to stay alive...

If YRC wasn't so big I think the banks and the government would let us fail. I wonder how the situation would play out if USF, New Penn, Yellow and Roadway were all struggling seperately still.

If YRC wasn't so big I think the banks and the government would let us fail. I wonder how the situation would play out if USF, New Penn, Yellow and Roadway were all struggling seperately still.

Holland, New Penn, and Roadway would not be suffering if it were not for Bill Zollars and Yellow Freight. (The Company, not the Drivers)

Holland, New Penn, and Roadway would not be suffering if it were not for Bill Zollars and Yellow Freight. (The Company, not the Drivers)

I've heard everyone say Yellow is dragging us down, but I wonder if it would be the same situation if they were all doing as bad as we are financially as a whole. I wonder if a couple would go down like maybe Yellow and Holland or would USF be able to hold out with their non-union revenue.

I've heard everyone say Yellow is dragging us down, but I wonder if it would be the same situation if they were all doing as bad as we are financially as a whole. I wonder if a couple would go down like maybe Yellow and Holland or would USF be able to hold out with their non-union revenue.

USF was Profitable before Yellow. Why would they have wanted the Corporation if they were not? Holland was making over $100m per year before Yellow. The non-unions at USF were actually a drag on the bottom line at USF. Why would you buy a company like USF or New Penn because you thought they were good companies and then change their entire operating procedures? The economy does not affect great companies! The only thing that has hurt USF, New Penn, and Roadway is the complete mismanagement of these once great companies by Bill Z. and the Yellow Corporation.

Mr. Zollars is asking for a billion dollars to pay for the pension for the next 4 years. But what is he gonna do after the 4 years is up? Ask for another billion?

Mr. Zollars is asking for a billion dollars to pay for the pension for the next 4 years. But what is he gonna do after the 4 years is up? Ask for another billion?

He is not going to pay the pension period. He will renegotiate to get out of it. Contract is up then. Don't think 4 years is just some number he pulled out of his butt.

Somebody explain this to me. Capacity has been reduced by 35%. However volumes were still at the same level as the 3rd quarter of last year. Huh? I know of over 100 people in Denver who were working during the 3rd quarter of last year who are on layoff now.
Last week I had some frieght end up on Reddaway and it got screwed up. My customer went balistic and said no more YRC. Still have not found out why or where it was interlined. Could be why Denver is drying up? I don't know if we are deverting freight but sure seems odd that the last change give us the biggest network ever and we still have to interline? Something smells. ::shit::

Personaly I think the only one that would be struggling would be Yellow, the others in your list would be fine.

The only way YRC is going to make money is if they haul a printing press for the US Mint and it "accidently" gets lost and ends up in Overland Park.

Look I am not trying to be pessimistic, or doom and gloom, but YRC is not going to make any money anytime soon! It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that a 300 million dollar swing in one quarter is not going to happen. I'm sorry you cant go from losing 257 mil. to a profit of 45 mil much less breaking even in one quarter. Even after all of the things that they have done to reduce cost. Nothing could save the titanic not even its double walled structure, and noting is going to save YRC at this point either so get your life jackets on people!

Hi I'm Bill Zollars and I just want to say " sun shine lolly pops and rainbows everywhere and everything is fine if you just listen to me"