Yellow | YRC Worldwide sells HQ to load up more cash

Zollar's...Gotta GO

In this man's opinion....Dollar Bill and His Management team is YRC's financial problem for loosing money not the Union's,should YRC have to file for bankruptcy it's Zollar's fault.not the union's.

Why wouldn't it make sense that maybe they are moving the HQ to Akron....the address on most of our stuff now? After all, do they really need 2 places?

I wonder if they have thought of selling the remaining tractors and trailers in the fleet? They have laid off to the point we don't have enough drivers to deliver the freight anyhow so why not have the customers we have left come to our leased dock, break out their freight, load it, and go on their merry way? A new concept in ltl trucking. Do it yourself freight.

Just drop your money in the box on the way out!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Why wouldn't it make sense that maybe they are moving the HQ to Akron....the address on most of our stuff now? After all, do they really need 2 places?

I thought the same thing. They do have a lease option on the property as teamcujo said and like you say why have 2 main offices.

I thought the same thing. They do have a lease option on the property as teamcujo said and like you say why have 2 main offices.

Akron would make good sense to me also.
That would help and it would indeed save money but the article I read as posted above said that they have TAKEN a ten year lease with an option of two more following. Sounds like it's already a done deal for ten.....makes me nervous!

I wonder if they have thought of selling the remaining tractors and trailers in the fleet? They have laid off to the point we don't have enough drivers to deliver the freight anyhow so why not have the customers we have left come to our leased dock, break out their freight, load it, and go on their merry way? A new concept in ltl trucking. Do it yourself freight.

YRC is trying to generate substantial money. What is sad is that their 22.5 million sale of HQ will result in 19.8 million. So how much is 19.8 million to YRC. "I should check my calculations", but 19.8 mil / $2.27 (current fuel average) / 5 (miles per gallon) = 1,744,493 gallons of fuel. Divide that by 200 (fuel capacity per tractor) = enough fuel for 8723 tractors. Suddenly does not seem like much considering each truck uses fuel at least every other day or third day?!

Then there is the fact that used equipment is not work much at all.

Common sense tells me; You don't make it look like you are doing well from a finantial point when you are asking for a "Billion" dollar bail out."

They will continue to appear that they are appeasing the banks and screwing the drivers through the consessions that the union has blinked. YRC faking the poor economy, Ha! The union looking like they are doing something. Ha! Getting the workers to bend over and like it. Priceless.

Remember, appeasment is only feeding the alligator so he will eat you last.

They will continue to make poor moves in an attempt to play the economy and the union for all it is worth.

Play the economy?....Dude, where have you been for the last 15 months?....KK

Is GM playing the economy?.....KK

Two is better than one

Ofcourse $bill needs two HQ's, if he needs 3 residences then he absolutely needs two HQ's!!!
You know the old saying "if one is good, two or three has to be better" i'll bet you a dollar to donut that $bill has more than three personal bank accounts that could probably fund the pension fund!!!:Flame-On::holysheep::greedy::greedy:

Im sorry to say but it all sounds just like CF at the end, first it was the terminals they sold and leased back, then all the new equipment was leased and finally the headquaters in California was sold and they leased a building in Washington. They would get one loan to pay another, sell a terminal for payroll etc. From all my followings of getting the bone in the bankruptcy case the lawyers (hired by the Union on behalf of former workers) said that a chapter 11 or 13 would not be accepted by the courts by a trucking firm, chapter 7 is the only way and to file you have to be out of assets ($$$). We were told 11 or 13 were out because most of the companys debt was labor costs from employees and vendors of needed supplys (i.e. the company paid out most of its costs operating day to day). CF actually tryed to file in May 2002 but they were told they still had 40 some million left in credit and cash so they went on till that was gone in Sept. 2002. When the CEO was finally shown the door in July 2002 we thought we would make it, turns out the new CEO (John Brinko) was sent by the creditors to have a "orderly shutdown" of the company, he never intended to do anymore than just that.

Its all bringing back too many memories for me, hang on till the ride stops.

Gentleman Jim is right they are playing with the numbers as is conway I knowq I work at conway and they have screwed the driver in the best interest of the stock holder....You and I.......The big three got them into a mess because of thier attitude, not the union.....Corporate am. has no vision and they can't think out side of the box......But they sure want thier 8 or 9 million ayear salary plus thier bonus.....did aig go under because of the union or just down right lies.......