Yellow | YRCW 3Q Results.....

I hope it helps, but Zollars was on Bloomberg News, wait and see our stock, go down. I hope I am wrong but everytime he MUTTS for the camera, our stock goes down the SHI##er. I can,t wait to hear the line of BULLSH!T, he shoves down the throats of our share holders, why our stock is so low. :tongue0002::eck15::puke:

I am not sure what your are talking about...after dollar bill spun all the reporting and played the accounting shell game they missed the numbers. Truth of the matter is YRCW lost $0.32 a share. This is before the creative write downs which also included issueing shares to pay down the debt, selling terminals and extinguishing the credit line to pay loans that where to be called this year. That is like using your credit card to pay a late payment on your mortgage.

If you ask me this is more like raising an incomplete to a F

I am not sure what your are talking about...after dollar bill spun all the reporting and played the accounting shell game they missed the numbers. Truth of the matter is YRCW lost $0.32 a share. This is before the creative write downs which also included issueing shares to pay down the debt, selling terminals and extinguishing the credit line to pay loans that where to be called this year. That is like using your credit card to pay a late payment on your mortgage.

If you ask me this is more like raising an incomplete to a F
www.transporttopics.com paying off debt with high interest rates makes sense....truth of the matter is YRCW is doing what they need to do in a hostile economy so that we all have a place to go to work each day....If you look at the revenue from last year to this year it was 2.38 compared to 2.46 billion a year ago...operating income doubled in the regional sector....no one says it is going to be easy buy I am buying stock and when it goes up in the next few months I hope alot of people take that extra 10, 20 or 30 bucks and buy few shares. Fuel prices are going down when that in itself is going to help jump start the economy...the stock market no matter who wins the election always goes up after the president is decided.....Warren Buffet said the other day anyone that doesn't get into the market with stocks as low as the they are...ford...gm...and alot others will be missing a once in a lifetime opportunity to maybe get rich......

Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News paying off debt with high interest rates makes sense....truth of the matter is YRCW is doing what they need to do in a hostile economy so that we all have a place to go to work each day....If you look at the revenue from last year to this year it was 2.38 compared to 2.46 billion a year ago...operating income doubled in the regional sector....no one says it is going to be easy buy I am buying stock and when it goes up in the next few months I hope alot of people take that extra 10, 20 or 30 bucks and buy few shares. Fuel prices are going down when that in itself is going to help jump start the economy...the stock market no matter who wins the election always goes up after the president is decided.....Warren Buffet said the other day anyone that doesn't get into the market with stocks as low as the they are...ford...gm...and alot others will be missing a once in a lifetime opportunity to maybe get rich......

Remember this headline from Tranpsort Topics "YRC cutting 15-20,000 jobs"? I hope the "we" you are talking
about is not the "you" or one of the those that are part of the 15-20,000 jobs.....tell that to the one that have been cut.

The logic is somewhat flawed because it really is a "me" post and not a "we" and that is some of the same issue within the rank and file of today....it is all about "me"....

Sorry, my opinon.

zrt

I have not believed a Bill Z earnings report right from the start.
But what we need now is positive news about YRCW to get the price of the stock back up and we all need to stay positive about YRCW, especially in front of our customers.

Be on the call at 0900 this morning and lets see what the Wall Street Gurus have to say and ask about it!....KK

Be on the call at 0900 this morning and lets see what the Wall Street Gurus have to say and ask about it!....KK

I've tried to listen to that stupid thing and it won't come up. I'll have to come back and try again later. But this is all very perplexing to a idiot old retired truck driver. Fifteen years ago we would have been doing back flips with a 97 OR. and revenue isn't down that bad considering how far the economy has fallen. So I cannot figure out why the stock is priced where it is. This just doesn't make sense. There must be something going on that I don't see. And as far as the economy goes, the so-called experts like dumba** Greenspan, who just now admits he doesn't know what the hell is going on, never even tell us we are in what they consider a recession until we are on our way out. So for all I know, we may be on our way out, and they will just be telling us we are in.

Issuing stock to pay down debt! Is not a good thing! You just dilutes the shares that are out there. Making them worth less! Also now borrowing 250 million to pay down more debt. Taking on more debt to pay debt!! The endless circle! Had that been off the or. It would be well over 1.00 either way a mountain of debt for a trucking company is not good! Investers are not going to buy this stock! Maybe after all this consoladating. Maybe they can say were a lean,mean trucking company again and maybe the stock will go up.

If you took away the $15M they made by selling property, the savings on the non-union benefits that were cut....with -$.32 per share....does not not come to a $19 M loss?.....I don't know...but someone said it earlier on a post...."It is like they are taking their credit card to pay off the late payment on one's house notes!".....KK

Conference Call

If you took away the $15M they made by selling property, the savings on the non-union benefits that were cut....with -$.32 per share....does not not come to a $19 M loss?.....I don't know...but someone said it earlier on a post...."It is like they are taking their credit card to pay off the late payment on one's house notes!".....KK

Look for more of the same for the 4thQ by the sounds of the conference call.I think I heard them mention the had $1 billion in real-estate they wanted to get rid of.

You know things are rough when you can't make money the old fashioned way "Earning it" instead you have to depend on what you can sell.

It seems to me that Yellow and Roadway are the only division making money with an operation ratio of 97.4 It ain't great but at least were in the black.I think it might be time to cut our looses with the regional carriers.At least the USF companies.

It seems to me that Yellow and Roadway are the only division making money with an operation ratio of 97.4 It ain't great but at least were in the black.I think it might be time to cut our looses with the regional carriers.At least the USF companies.

Hate to rain on your parade Brother....but if you would look at the post I have on here concerning..."
Losses Begin; Difficult Integration Still Ahead "....you will see the actual OR was $1.00.7.....and it is predicted to go to $1.02.0 at the end of the 4Q. When you take away the $15M made on selling of terminals, cuts in the non-union employees and management's benefits.....the loss seems to be $19 M for the 3Q according to the report that is posted....give me your thoughts on that one and lets see.....KK

>it might be time to cut our losses with the regional carriers.At least the USF companies.<

I think you &quot;got&quot; that exactly backwards!! Once we have to quit paying YRC a million a week -- we'll be in the black.
But if it makes you feel better ---
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot see how New Penn or Holland could possibly be operating in the red.They have always been well run & highly profitable LTL carriers. A million dollars a week to YRCW probably makes their O/R look bad, but IMO they are both money makers. Take away the sharp pencils and they are assets not liabilities.

wow.

with all this astute financial analysis posted here i could see that there are a bunch of people taking the advice of 'suits'.

'suits' are all alike, whether you work for them or just see their work.

'suits' are like diapers.

always on your arse and always full of fecal matter.

as long as the brake linings are up, the tires are decent and there's fuel in the tanks, we're doin' ok.

just do your job and i'll do mine and if the creek don't rise we'll be doin' this a for a long time.

analysts who badmouth a company usually have some connection to someone who has a 'short position' or 'put' options in play.

:1036316054:
Look for more of the same for the 4thQ by the sounds of the conference call.I think I heard them mention the had $1 billion in real-estate they wanted to get rid of.

You know things are rough when you can't make money the old fashioned way &quot;Earning it&quot; instead you have to depend on what you can sell.

To follow up on this about the conference....I was trying to be nosey the other day and listen in as our ops boss had them on his computer.....I heard something to the effect of we have 1 billion in property if we needed more colateral....that we haven't even touched....I think they are saying it is going to get worst before it gets better and with the current credit crunch that the market is experiecing if and when we need to do that then we have rainy day money so to speak....Can we blame Zollars ? Can we blame fuel prices? Can we blame the election ? I think it takes all of theses things to get where we are now....I am, nor have I ever claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed, I am just a driver like most of you guys that did his time on the dock and in the barrel so to speak I like to look at the upside of things and yes absolutely we have to have a postive face not only to the customer but within our ranks because the non unions threaten their guys with firing just for being on his ....why because rumors kill a company that my friends is a fact