Yellow | YRCW 3Q Results.....

wow.

With all this astute financial analysis posted here i could see that there are a bunch of people taking the advice of 'suits'.

'suits' are all alike, whether you work for them or just see their work.

'suits' are like diapers.

Always on your arse and always full of fecal matter.

As long as the brake linings are up, the tires are decent and there's fuel in the tanks, we're doin' ok.

Just do your job and i'll do mine and if the creek don't rise we'll be doin' this a for a long time.

Analysts who badmouth a company usually have some connection to someone who has a 'short position' or 'put' options in play.

very well said my brother very well said:1036316054:

If interested you can listen here:

YRC Worldwide- Event Details

I didn't listen to it, I read it. And here is what I came away with. Quote: "We spent a considerable amount of time over the past few years getting ready for this integration..." I only mention this because several of you have sworn that this is a spur of the moment decision, that you never thought these two would be combined. Well you were wrong!

Teamsters are part of a joint letter to customers outlining substantial benefits of integration.

The $200-million savings is based on a 5% savings in labor costs from line-haul, P&D and dock. That ain't no 20,000 workers. As Gaines says in the latest Yellow newsletter, many employees are significantly overestimating the impact of the integration on jobs.

When Roadway was acquired, others expected we would lose a significant amount of business, which didn't happen. The same things are being predicted all over this forum again.

We plan to be more aggressive in cost planning from Thanksgiving on. As you all know, this is SOP. They may tell you otherwise, they always do. But you know full well that they try and save a bundle ever holiday season by laying off and saving guaranteed holiday pay.

Jobs

"I still feel very comfortable with a run rate of about $200 million of operating income improvement by the end of 2009. To put this number in perspective Yellow and Roadway had about $6.5 [billion] of annual expense of which labor costs for line haul, P&D and dock are about $3 [billion]. If we removed just 5% of that base, we’re talking about $150 million of annual savings."

Above Quote from: YRC Worldwide Inc. Q3 2008 (Qtr End 09/30/08) Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

Larry,
I agree that those numbers of 20,000 are way out of range.
If you do the math to the above numbers you will probably come up with 2000-2500 at most.

I think we are in much greater danger of job cuts, not from the intigration, but, from the economy.

"I still feel very comfortable with a run rate of about $200 million of operating income improvement by the end of 2009. To put this number in perspective Yellow and Roadway had about $6.5 [billion] of annual expense of which labor costs for line haul, P&D and dock are about $3 [billion]. If we removed just 5% of that base, we’re talking about $150 million of annual savings."

Above Quote from: YRC Worldwide Inc. Q3 2008 (Qtr End 09/30/08) Earnings Call Transcript - Seeking Alpha

Larry,
I agree that those numbers of 20,000 are way out of range.
If you do the math to the above numbers you will probably come up with 2000-2500 at most.

I think we are in much greater danger of job cuts, not from the intigration, but, from the economy.

Absolutely.:1036316054:

I didn't listen to it, I read it. And here is what I came away with. Quote: "We spent a considerable amount of time over the past few years getting ready for this integration..." I only mention this because several of you have sworn that this is a spur of the moment decision, that you never thought these two would be combined. Well you were wrong!

Teamsters are part of a joint letter to customers outlining substantial benefits of integration.

The $200-million savings is based on a 5% savings in labor costs from line-haul, P&D and dock. That ain't no 20,000 workers. As Gaines says in the latest Yellow newsletter, many employees are significantly overestimating the impact of the integration on jobs.

When Roadway was acquired, others expected we would lose a significant amount of business, which didn't happen. The same things are being predicted all over this forum again.

We plan to be more aggressive in cost planning from Thanksgiving on. As you all know, this is SOP. They may tell you otherwise, they always do. But you know full well that they try and save a bundle ever holiday season by laying off and saving guaranteed holiday pay.

And let's not dismiss the fact that the original predicted numbers of 15-20 K was prematurely thought to just be labor jobs, i.e TEAMSTERS ! When in fact many of these jobs lost already, are in management, and back office as well... hence the reason for the inflated numbers.

And yes, LarryRetired is right..."Tis the season"...for the past couple years , YRC has cut hours, benefits, this time of year to save money. They cut my hours from 40 to 35 last year. And if It takes me more than 8 hours one day, instead of 7 , I am suppose to come in an "Hour later"... What a bunch of crap... And my holiday pay was for 7 hours , not 8 hours... What a bunch of crap...

Even my salary paid bosses were told they will not have any more contributions paid in buy the company towards their pension, until after Jan 2009 ( maybe )... My Teamsters asked if this was happening to me also. I said, No, I'm non-union hourly paid. They pay a nickel in, and I still get my nickel... Not like the salary people.....

No wonder everyone is so grumpy....

And the economy IS a BIG reason, for many layoffs lately... The dern freight JUST AIN'T There ! Look at yer own personal situation here. Are you still buy, buy, buy, like you were a couple years ago? Or are you now holding back, just a bit, and letting things go, and just doing with what ya got??

I know I am, holding back, and just letting things go, spending less, and doin' without.... and asking myself, do I really need this, or spend money on this right now?

We ( YRC ) did not lose any business, as Larry says, when the two companies came together in the first place. Business was booming ! If I take a look at at a couple of my regular customers... one make RV parts, yeah, who's buying an RV right now. One make parts for GM and Toyota. One makes suntan lotion, etc.... Sea Ray and Boston Whaler, anybody buying a BOAT TODAY ? Even my #1 customer, makes "over the counter drugs" for drug stores.... Suddenly, people don't seem to need that "scar gel" so much any more... It's the economic index.....

Here's another thought for some of you guys that are having troubles with the whole Yellow bought Roadway thing here, and why, why, why?

Let me tell you another story....

Hawaiian Tropic... suntan lotion... the creator, founder, etc... was born and raised here. he had an idea. His only competion at the time was Coppertone.... Coppertone was a lotion, Hawaiian Tropic was an oil, (and smelled real nice--umm, coconut)

Well he was in biz for over like 40 years, his only factory here, and one in Hawaii. He turned 72, and wanted to retire. His child/children did not want the biz, they just wanted the money, so he sold it.....

The same thing happened with CF. The founder, Leland James, had started the biz, and he also had created his own line of trucks over time, the "Freightliner".....

Well, Dad dies, retires, kids don't wish to carry on the biz.... Just SHOW ME THE MONEY !

Consider this as to why the Roush family SOLD to Yellow, and this may answer some of yer questions here....