Yellow | YRCW For Sale?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
[size=12pt][/size]Could YRCW be for sale or the target of an acquisition from another carrier? Think about it! If Dollar Bill and Jimmy H. are successful in getting rid of the pension plans withdrawal liability (multi-employer pension plan reform bills introduced into the House and Senate recently), YRCW could become very attractive to another carrier who wanted to expand, or just to get rid of their competition. Who knows what is going to happen with our Health & Welfare Benefits with the new Obama care, but my guess is that YRCW will want to negotiate a lot lower H&W contributions than the approximately $300 a week they're paying now! Once the "orphans" in the pension plans are "partitioned off" and eventually after 5 years dumped into the PBGC, what kind of pension plans will be left for Freight Teamsters? You know that YRCW will want our pension plans to accept a lot lower contribution rates and lower accruals in the long run! Who knows if these "pension reform" bills have a snowballs chance in hell of passing through Congress, but if they do, look for a HUGE consolidation of LTL carriers. The IBT will continue to give in to concessions, and once our pension and health & welfare benefits are the same or lower than the non-unions, other carriers will have nothing stopping them from gobbling up every LTL carrier in sight! That's my opinion, of course! :rant:

brilliant-full.png

[quote author=freightmaster1 link=topic=78872.msg818290#msg818290 date=1270123828]
[size=12pt][/size]Could YRCW be for sale or the target of an acquisition from another carrier? Think about it! If Dollar Bill and Jimmy H. are successful in getting rid of the pension plans withdrawal liability (multi-employer pension plan reform bills introduced into the House and Senate recently), YRCW could become very attractive to another carrier who wanted to expand, or just to get rid of their competition. Who knows what is going to happen with our Health & Welfare Benefits with the new Obama care, but my guess is that YRCW will want to negotiate a lot lower H&W contributions than the approximately $300 a week they're paying now! Once the "orphans" in the pension plans are "partitioned off" and eventually after 5 years dumped into the PBGC, what kind of pension plans will be left for Freight Teamsters? You know that YRCW will want our pension plans to accept a lot lower contribution rates and lower accruals in the long run! Who knows if these "pension reform" bills have a snowballs chance in hell of passing through Congress, but if they do, look for a HUGE consolidation of LTL carriers. The IBT will continue to give in to concessions, and once our pension and health & welfare benefits are the same or lower than the non-unions, other carriers will have nothing stopping them from gobbling up every LTL carrier in sight! That's my opinion, of course! :rant:
[/quote]
You make a lot of sense with your post. The only thing I would question is,who would want to be saddled with all the debt YRC still has and is building every day. As long as YRC continues to operate at a loss the debt keeps adding up and whoever took them over would have to assume all the debt.

[quote author=freightmaster1 link=topic=78872.msg818290#msg818290 date=1270123828]
[/quote] So, you are hoping to become an orphan yourself! Must be that education at MIT talking! Maybe Tiny Tim will buy it and you can sit in the truck and listen to "tip toe thru the tulips" all day! :biglaugh:

Debt - what debt? They already got that worked out. They just pay everyone they owe w/ this worthless stock & the debtors swallow it like the union did.
Wish I could pay my bills like this.

[/quote]There is another scenario here. YRCW claims they need to off load the pension liability because it is killing their bottom line and they can't compete because of it. They may well be trying to sell the company but if you believe YRCW, without the legislation, we could go out of business anyway.

Posted by: wild deuce
« on: Today at 03:22:26 AM
[size=14pt]There is another scenario here. YRCW claims they need to off load the pension liability because it is killing their bottom line and they can't compete because of it. They may well be trying to sell the company but if you believe YRCW, without the legislation, we could go out of business anyway. [/size]

I doubt if they're trying to sell it but the legislation is one of the
biggest hurdles
HurdleGirl.jpg

[size=18pt]they have to clear[/size]

The pics are funny,but if you look at the stock price and the volume of yesterday and trades back for the last 3 weeks you will see a pattern.There are 3 very big volume days that stand out like sore thumbs.Since the prices did not retreat at those times it shows someone is buying.

At this point it would be much more likely, that YRCW would sell of parts, or regions, they still supposedly hold assets exceeding their total debt,( that's yet to be seen), it's not a good business climate to buy a money bleeding company to double vest in an area you already operate far below capacity, if you apply the ten year rule, (a company is worth ten years profit + assets - liabilities), you get a picture of YRCW's value, YRCW is a far more attractive purchase through bankruptcy court, the only party with a big enough interest in and funds to purchase YRCW would be the CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND, I don't see that happening, do you.

I might be wrong but I say that after this mulit. pension plan passes to get out and I say it will, I thing they will start to call drivers and dock guys back I truly think this is the plan . Any of you think the same? :stir:

[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=78872.msg820612#msg820612 date=1270871946]
I might be wrong but I say that after this mulit. pension plan passes to get out and I say it will, I thing they will start to call drivers and dock guys back I truly think this is the plan . Any of you think the same? :stir:
[/quote]

They said that was gonna happen when they got the pension deferral, All the overtime was gonna stop.
Lasted a week or two....Don't think it will happen even if they never pay the pension again...... This company seems to think it's more profitable to work people overtime, double them back after 8 hours rest and bust them with warning letters and such......... Hope I didn't post any company secrets here. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

[quote author=metalmikex link=topic=78872.msg820623#msg820623 date=1270876458]
[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=78872.msg820612#msg820612 date=1270871946]
[/quote]

They said that was gonna happen when they got the pension deferral, All the overtime was gonna stop.
Lasted a week or two....Don't think it will happen even if they never pay the pension again...... This company seems to think it's more profitable to work people overtime, double them back after 8 hours rest and bust them with warning letters and such......... Hope I didn't post any company secrets here. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
[/quote]Work, then be punished? YRC wouldn't punish people after putting in a hard days work. That would be very unprofessional, but then again anything is possible know that the survivng management of the two companies is ******* for YRC. For former ******* employees they act like it is the end of the world. Former ****** employees say.........."Cool, I get day off." Awesome, its beer time!

Saw a company letter in the office said they gave a five day suspension for not useing a three point stance somewhere. From the comments in the letter I think we will see a lot more letters and hearings from the company.