Yellow | YRCW Loses $25.3 M In 1Q 2017

I see people sitting around my terminal on the clock too. Wonder if we multiply by say 10,000 people sitting around the clock,or sitting anywhere During their day,for say 1 hour a day,5 days a week,every work day of a quarter? Wonder how much $$ that comes out too?
Sitting around & Milking the clock has gotten out of control lately , I would say Daily only at my barn guys Milk the clock for at least a total of 40 hours per day for all the driver's city & Line haul and so then add in all the other barns and that's about $$100-K per week of milking the clock !! Wouldn't it be funny to switch to drop & pick up & mile pay for a month and then see how much they sit around trying to get one more click at the end of there shift ???

Sitting around & Milking the clock has gotten out of control lately , I would say Daily only at my barn guys Milk the clock for at least a total of 40 hours per day for all the driver's city & Line haul and so then add in all the other barns and that's about $$100-K per week of milking the clock !! Wouldn't it be funny to switch to drop & pick up & mile pay for a month and then see how much they sit around trying to get one more click at the end of there shift ???
It would be funny enough if the majority would just do their jobs to the best of their ability. I realize we have many inept supervisors who do not know the freight business, but leading by example does influence in many cases...

Wouldn't it be nice if the morale of our people was more upbeat.Wouldn't it be nice if we all felt that we weren't being decieved by our union and our employer.Wouldn't it be nice to see a couple new terminals built now and then.Wouldn't it be nice if we had the respect of our peers like we once had.Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to work under a memorandum of understanding.Wouldn't it be nice if the recruiters wouldn't have to resort to lieing to new prospects.Wouldn't it be nice if our employer had an individual that could run linehaul and PTS more effieciently.Wouldn't it be nice if we could retire without the fear of our pension being cut.wouldn't it be nice..nice thoughts for the day

Definition of a False Assumption:

noun. The act of taking to or upon oneself: assumption of an obligation. The act of taking possession or asserting a claim: assumption of command. The act of taking for granted: assumption of a false theory. Something taken for granted or accepted as true without proof; a supposition: a valid assumption.

Definition of a False Assumption:

noun. The act of taking to or upon oneself: assumption of an obligation. The act of taking possession or asserting a claim: assumption of command. The act of taking for granted: assumption of a false theory. Something taken for granted or accepted as true
Hey Jimmy G, it is a fact, are you a triplex cheerleader?

Last edited:
With the departure of Pierson and the installation of ms.Stephanie.Pierson stayed for a short while as a consultant.Once Stephanie gets a grip on how the books are processed i think things will get better.I'm giving some latitude

I have said it many times, the guys running this company should be fired, they have had 8 plus years to get things right and they can't do the job. They have become millionaires destroying this company.
Like it or not, it is the American way. And don't say it is not. It is. The rank & file of YRC voted in the American way. And I think they are pleased with what they voted for. I have not heard of ANY job action that would threaten the American way. Or maybe it is like that commercial a few years back, It's not a job, it's an adventure. von.

Like it or not, it is the American way. And don't say it is not. It is. The rank & file of YRC voted in the American way. And I think they are pleased with what they voted for. I have not heard of ANY job action that would threaten the American way. Or maybe it is like that commercial a few years back, It's not a job, it's an adventure. von.
The American way. That could be interpreted in several ways. We at 179 voted the MOU down twice. What happened after was the American way. Good old fashioned American corruption by Hoffa. They killed the white paper agreement for Chicago and lumped us in with everyone else who voted yes.
The American way in action.