Yellow | YRCW Thoughts 3_9_10

How long can you operate at 105%?????????

Bottom line: YRC is not making money (and really not making money, if one adds-back normal pension and interest
payments it should be making). A company cannot burn cash forever (unless they have an unlimited supply),
because eventually the banks expect to be repaid (with interest), the Teamsters expect its workers to be paid and
their pensions to be funded, trucks and trailers have to be replaced, facilities maintained, etc. The deferred liabilities
here are enormous. While YRC has pulled out all of the stops to make it to this point they are by no means out
of the woods, in our view, and we do not expect the economy to bail them out any time soon either

Why do customers leave a carrier?

The number 1 answer?

SERVICE!

Why is it that Stifel, Nicalous and Co. know that but YRC does not?

When a industry sees a overcapicity issue as we are witnessing in the LTL sector now, the only thing that a company can rely on to distinguish it from all others to ensure marketshare and survival is SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE (which should be job #1 all the time) to maintain and grow it's customer base, our only source of revenue in the trucking business... DUH!...

What else do we have to sell?

In YRC's case, unfortunately, all we have to sell now is what is left of the farm because we have failed to make service our #1 priority, especially during this difficult time...

Even though pricing comes in at a close 2d, this only shows that customers still want good service over value... Fedex and Conway's moratoreum on rate reductions only proves this theory. Even though their freight levels are up over YRC's, they still have failed to attract and maintain as much market share as they anticipated because of this service/value theory...

YRC has a wonderful template in place, i.e. their website, for customer service that is second to none. Unfortunately, YRC continues to scuttle this bright spot by farming out these duties to 3d party interests that cannot provide the level of attention that has to be given to this aspect of their service package.

This is but only one example of what is going wrong in YRC's world.

It's time to make service and operations priority #1 if we are to survive in the LTL world...

Hey Overland Park... Hey Akron... Show us something positive here... Can you do that?

What was the old Yellow motto? YES WE CAN... Well, do it then, dammit...

You can't make money and keep customers till you give service. A 750 mile volume shipment and you can't deliver it in 5 (FIVE) days? To get your company back on track, you better get rid of a lot of people who do not know the freight business. The ones in charge now do not have a clue of how to run a freight company!

I recall a video of Zollars when YRCW became one that the YRC name was gong to be to LTL what UPS acronym is to packages.

He was after world wide BRAND recognition for YRC. That of course would be in sync with someone with a MARKETING background.

What Z and friends didn't take into consideration (besides UPS being around for a 100 yrs) was thet UPS has amission of ' the customer is #1 and we must do everything that we can to keep them happy and the only way we can do that is to service them.

YRC is not sevicing the customers and the future is murky a5t best........

is there any possibility now that the banks are running things. why dont they just put other people in charge? i know you can fire doller bill . but put some one in his place?

They'd be required to pay his severance. Cheaper to keep him til his contract expires near the end of this year. They should make him do something productive like wash windows til then.

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=77388.msg813303#msg813303 date=1268624103]
They'd be required to pay his severance. Cheaper to keep him til his contract expires near the end of this year. They should make him do something productive like wash windows til then.
[/quote] I'm with you on the window washer job. My guess is that he will get some massive golden parachute when (if) he leaves anyway. I assume that his contract does expire this year. That's good news. I don't see how we could do any worse.

[size=10pt]Don't forget who YRC is in bed with: Sachs, Rothschild, Bank of China, Bank of London, AIG. All NAU/NAFTA/WTO paper shufflers. They are going to play with YRC like they play with Greece, Icelans, and Belgium. If they want a gain they make money, if they want loss they make money. They can use YRC to put others out of business, they can use YRC to keep others in business.
YRC WORLDWIDE If UPS (and others) don't play with the banksters YRC is there. YRC will get enough to stay alive and (be used) manipulate.

Ps The Michael Jackson estate got $200m/7 year contract from Sony. Just a thought on where the economy is going. Enjoy the entertainment while searching for food...

Pss Where's the spell check? OMG I'm going to get outed.
[/size]