Yellow | Zollars to Appear on CNBC Telecast from China

CorpOffice

TB Lurker
Credits
Broadcast Time is 7 a.m. (Eastern) Tuesday, August 19

Helping to reinforce the company’s global reach, Bill Zollars will appear on a live broadcast along with anchor Carl Quintanilla from Beijing, China, of CNBC television show “Squawk Box.”

Zollars, a frequent guest on the show, will discuss YRC Worldwide, the industry, the economy and current issues in a 10 minute segment. Anchors Joe Kernen and Becky Quick also will participate from the New York studios.

positive exposure for sure

looks like i'll have to hook up my xm in my geo and cut my workout short.

i wonder why none of the other major transportation companies ceos have the guts to stand up and tell it like it is like he does.

fred smith was a stuttering fool on cnbc a while back.

i've never seen the ups guy and heaven forbid a railroader starts talking.

i'm crossing my fingers that he's going to announce door to door ltl between china and the usa.

i'd like to see estes try and discount that 75%.

hey corp office, take a ride down to 17th and brooklyn and score some bryant's ribs for lunch tomorrow.

looks like i'll have to hook up my xm in my geo and cut my workout short.

i wonder why none of the other major transportation companies ceos have the guts to stand up and tell it like it is like he does.

fred smith was a stuttering fool on cnbc a while back.

i've never seen the ups guy and heaven forbid a railroader starts talking.

i'm crossing my fingers that he's going to announce door to door ltl between china and the usa.

i'd like to see estes try and discount that 75%.

hey corp office, take a ride down to 17th and brooklyn and score some bryant's ribs for lunch tomorrow.

Despite what the Yahoo message boards say and some here on the trucking boards, Zollars is very smart. He thinks quick on his feet, and comes off pretty smooth on TV interviews. He is like this in person too.

I know some of the people working in China for YRC Logistics. The market is very different (no fixed pricing, few if any fork lifts, cheap labor/expensive equipment - relatively speaking, lodging at terminal for drivers and dock workers, etc). YRCL is taking some of the complexity out of the Chinese transportation market for some of YRCW's biggest customer. This relationship in China should help with relationship in the US.

As for bryants, that's a bit far from the office and a little to expensive for lunch (for me at least). I'll settle for the Gates BBQ at State Line just north of 435. Another closer choice is Brobeck's BBQ which is at 107th and Roe (just north of the office). This new place gets packed with YRCW employees at lunch.

thanks for the 411

Broadcast Time is 7 a.m. (Eastern) Tuesday, August 19

Helping to reinforce the company’s global reach, Bill Zollars will appear on a live broadcast along with anchor Carl Quintanilla from Beijing, China, of CNBC television show “Squawk Box.”

Zollars, a frequent guest on the show, will discuss YRC Worldwide, the industry, the economy and current issues in a 10 minute segment. Anchors Joe Kernen and Becky Quick also will participate from the New York studios.
Thanks for the info corp. I didn't check your post until just now, so I missed the interview, but it's nice to know you're trying to keep us informed.:1036316054:

:hide:

Its nice to see him on national television raising awareness of our global capabilities. It helps establish our rep as a global player. I just wish they had pulled off the home delivery aspects they said were coming. That would guarantee our future I think.