TForce | zone driver

Freight Maniac

TB Lurker
Credits
are these going to be zone positions for Corpus Christi, Victoria, Kingsville, TX. There are no UPSF terminals at all right now there. San Antonio been peddling Victoria and Corpus. In Kingsville there are no trucking terminals there. I think the Harlingen terminal was peddling Kingsville. They are taking inquiries right now for future openings. So are these zone positions or are they opening terminals there. Can anyone transfer to these positions.:clap:

Thats interesting, I just checked the upsfreight website and their hiring city/road drivers for 9 terminals out in Texas. None of those sound familar as terminal cities, did some other LTL carrier pull out of Texas recently? Maybe has to do with the Roadway/Yellow merger? I dunno, but Texas Hammer, you should be able to transfer to any of those positions once they begin operations. You'll should have priority for a job as long as your a UPGF employee, over the general public, but I haven't seen any transfer job postings at my terminal recently...I recall Houston and Garland accepting transfers but that was 8-9 months ago.

they are zones, a bunch were just launched and more are on the way in the middle of 2009 according to the post at our barn.

are these going to be zone positions for Corpus Christi, Victoria, Kingsville, TX. There are no UPSF terminals at all right now there. San Antonio been peddling Victoria and Corpus. In Kingsville there are no trucking terminals there. I think the Harlingen terminal was peddling Kingsville. They are taking inquiries right now for future openings. So are these zone positions or are they opening terminals there. Can anyone transfer to these positions.:clap:

Your TM should know, if you think he is playing games go to the union hall, explain what is going on and you have a lack of info, this is a change of operations for the company and everyone should have the chance to tranfer within thier seniority. Pending on availability of positions to be filled.

Yes they are going to open 59 city zones across the country in 09 per a meeting we had in Garland a few weeks ago. Yes you can transfer to these position based on the 150 mile radius past pratice UPS has used in Garland, Dallas and Ft. Worth per our Local! If the TM gives u any problems call BA and I promise David Gentry Labor Rep for UPGF for our region will back the Local up on this issue!!! Most of the zones will be working out of the small pack (PARCEL) barns until a terminal comes available and business grows!

The tractors that are gonna be used for these zones, where are they coming from? Say for instance, Garland loses 2 P&D routes to a new zone, would the new zone recieve 2 tractors from Garland? Will Garland keep the 2 tractors as backups? Or would these tractors come from elsewhere in the system, or possibly new units? Without a "terminal" for these zones, you'd figure they would utilize new tractors so maintenance wouldn't be an issue, or like emptypockets said these zones will be working out of parcel barns, and utililze parcel mechanics?

zone drivers

Thats interesting, I just checked the upsfreight website and their hiring city/road drivers for 9 terminals out in Texas. None of those sound familar as terminal cities, did some other LTL carrier pull out of Texas recently? Maybe has to do with the Roadway/Yellow merger? I dunno, but Texas Hammer, you should be able to transfer to any of those positions once they begin operations. You'll should have priority for a job as long as your a UPGF employee, over the general public, but I haven't seen any transfer job postings at my terminal recently...I recall Houston and Garland accepting transfers but that was 8-9 months ago.
No other companies pull out. UPSF just don't have a terminal in Victoria or Corpus but every other truck company is there. As for Kingsville there are no truck companies there so I confused why they will have drivers there.

There is no change of operations. Zones are only in areas where UPS Freight does not currently service directly. They use cartage agents there currently.

There is no change of operations. Zones are only in areas where UPS Freight does not currently service directly. They use cartage agents there currently.

Yes, that is correct and UPGF has every right per contract to do so, but if we are feeding an area and we have freight comming out of that area , this is argument for bargaining unit positions, persauint to "Article 44 " "Subcontracting". This article is in referance to "Local Cartage" and "Road" alike.:1036316054:

They will just do as they are doing now, contract in one direction, and out the other, that way its not passing through the same lane both ways. Drivers have to get equipment numbers so it can be tracked to prove it.

They will just do as they are doing now, contract in one direction, and out the other, that way its not passing through the same lane both ways. Drivers have to get equipment numbers so it can be tracked to prove it.

I am quite sure if the servicing terminal sees what is comming in and out then this could be the "GOLD IN THE POCKET " or am I not seeing the light here.

Or is these "zone terminals" doing everything direct?

I am quite sure if the servicing terminal sees what is comming in and out then this could be the "GOLD IN THE POCKET " or am I not seeing the light here.

Or is these "zone terminals" doing everything direct?

The "mother terminal" recieves freight for the particular zips to be served by the "zone". Generally these points are/were second day points served currently by cartage agents. What I imagine is that the Zone will handle the largest populated areas to start. Become established and creep out from there. Agents will still be used until areas become profitable.

The "mother terminal" recieves freight for the particular zips to be served by the "zone". Generally these points are/were second day points served currently by cartage agents. What I imagine is that the Zone will handle the largest populated areas to start. Become established and creep out from there. Agents will still be used until areas become profitable.

Precisely my point, someone has to see something happening somewhere. A little communication between bros can make the difference.

these mothers terminals are mainly hubs,