TForce | zone drivers not allowed to join union?

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
I found this on another forum:

If you work for package whether on dock or in city/road operations be aware that the UPS Freight Driver who may be assigned to your facility under UPGF's new zone freight operation is going to be a non represented employee!

Our stewards have been told that all zone drivers will NOT be allowed to join the Teamsters NOR will any of our current union represented employee be allowed to transfer as management DOES NOT want to deal with the Teamsters in regards to these drivers!
It would seem to me that this is a direct contract violation on both contracts but I may be wrong. Management asserts that since UPGF still has 3 non-union barns(Omaha, Witchta and unknown maybe Salt Lake City) that they can hire non-union to drive these trucks, deliver this freight, work the docks loading/unloading this freight and linehaul to a hub for more freight!

If you work for package whether on dock or in city/road operations be aware that the UPS Freight Driver who may be assigned to your facility under UPGF's new zone freight operation is going to be a non represented employee!

Our stewards have been told that all zone drivers will NOT be allowed to join the Teamsters NOR will any of our current union represented employee be allowed to transfer as management DOES NOT want to deal with the Teamsters in regards to these drivers!
It would seem to me that this is a direct contract violation on both contracts but I may be wrong. Management asserts that since UPGF still has 3 non-union barns(Omaha, Witchta and unknown maybe Salt Lake City) that they can hire non-union to drive these trucks, deliver this freight, work the docks loading/unloading this freight and linehaul to a hub for more freight!

This is not right,why is the union allowing this to happen. I put a post up on another thread about how I was not allowed to transfer to one of those zone centers. The union should do something about this. An yes, I have brought it to the attention of my local they are not concern at all !!!!:flame:

What a shame that these three terminals won't get on the same page as the rest of us so we can stand united and at least have a fighting chance to win situations like this.

This is true about Zone drivers not being union. CGO found out Thursday they will not be union. Guys at CGO also found out that Safety Trainers can not train non union drivers. Having this problem in CGO right now. ASk your local about this. The local out here is having a fit about this. If the Safety Trainer goes and trains thses zone drivers, they can be fired. And if union employees can not go into management, then why all the letters sent out to you union members. Waste of stamps I say.

What a shame that these three terminals won't get on the same page as the rest of us so we can stand united and at least have a fighting chance to win situations like this.

I knew for a long time UPS wasnt going to "wrath of brown" on any of us Non-Union terminals, including the Zone and Special service drivers, They are feeding us cake and keeping us happy, as you can read on all these other threads, the Union hasnt lived up to its expectations, why should we get on the "same page?" The page stinks!

I knew for a long time UPS wasnt going to "wrath of brown" on any of us Non-Union terminals, including the Zone and Special service drivers, They are feeding us cake and keeping us happy, as you can read on all these other threads, the Union hasnt lived up to its expectations, why should we get on the "same page?" The page stinks!

They don't give a crap about you 2%er. The company can not make the zone drivers stay non-union, It is their choice. Second the union is grieving the hiring process, under past practices. You need to get your head out of the clouds. If it weren't for the Teamsters. I would have quit this job last year. They treated us like **** for years and they still do now, only now I don't give a **** what they think anymore, And I file,file,file every time they do. There is no greater feeling then sitting down at a table and calling out your TM for all the crap and lies he has pulled over the past 3 months. Teamster out!:clap:

You knew for for a long time?? Now the truth comes out. The union has not lived up to its expectations???

Do you get time and a half after eight??
Do you get all time spent paid??
Do you get total respect of seniority??
Do you get lower health premiums with zero increases??
Do you get a secure pension??
Do you have a contract?? Or a rule book that can be changed at any given moment.

You say this page stinks.:duh:

They are feeding you cake and keeping you happy?? Give me a break. You are basing your opinion on "all these other threads" Whats that? about 100 employee's, Don't forget about the other 12,000 plus employee's that are enjoying the benefits of being union.

Thanks for standing with us (united) to help make this a great company to work for.

Do you have a contract?? Or a rule book that can be changed at any given moment.

Do you get time and a half after eight? NO, 40 :biglaugh:
Do you get all time spent paid? Yes ,I work the dock till my trailer is done, And My hook time pays better than the D&H union hook.Even when I go real slow, but I dont, because I'd rather be home typing this crap back at ya! :Flame-On:
Do you get total respect of senority? Hell yah! I'm #1
Do you get lower health premiums with zero increases? Same as it was, hasnt gone up yet. :popcorn:
Do you get a secure pension? Thats a no brainer, Overnite has a pension that not even Union Pacific could get a crack at. and UPS cant touch it either.
Do you have a contract?? Not printed on swiss cheese,It should have been better written, and you know I'm right about that. We had a really educated law school city driver look it over before IND voted on it, he said it was so full of holes, UPS and employees would argue over the lanquage till they were blue in the face and no one would get anything done. he was right.:duh:

They don't give a crap about you 2%er. The company can not make the zone drivers stay non-union, It is their choice. Second the union is grieving the hiring process, under past practices. You need to get your head out of the clouds. If it weren't for the Teamsters. I would have quit this job last year. They treated us like **** for years and they still do now, only now I don't give a **** what they think anymore, And I file,file,file every time they do. There is no greater feeling then sitting down at a table and calling out your TM for all the crap and lies he has pulled over the past 3 months. Teamster out!:clap:

Thats where your wrong UG of the Majority! We have 3 new trucks, and we are hiring! need 2 more drivers. If they didnt care , than we would be laying off, and using contractors.I see both sides UG, I work in both, I was all for representation 6 months ago, but our teamster rep, :nutkick: us. but I didnt let that bother me, I took things in my own hands, till I was told to let it go, so I sat back and watched the Union drop the ball, on this thing and that thing. Oh, I agree, the Teamsters made the work easier and more profitable for everyone, except for the people giving you a paycheck. Dont remind me, I know that our checks come from the customer, but the additude and actions I've seen from Union drivers and Dock workers has me concerned that the customer will suffer for it and use someone else. Stimulis anyone?

Thats where your wrong UG of the Majority! We have 3 new trucks, and we are hiring! need 2 more drivers. If they didnt care , than we would be laying off, and using contractors.I see both sides UG, I work in both, I was all for representation 6 months ago, but our teamster rep, :nutkick: us. but I didnt let that bother me, I took things in my own hands, till I was told to let it go, so I sat back and watched the Union drop the ball, on this thing and that thing. Oh, I agree, the Teamsters made the work easier and more profitable for everyone, except for the people giving you a paycheck. Dont remind me, I know that our checks come from the customer, but the additude and actions I've seen from Union drivers and Dock workers has me concerned that the customer will suffer for it and use someone else. Stimulis anyone?

What do you have up there in WIT 5 doors or 6 now wow.Not exactly setting the world on fire up there.

Do you get time and a half after eight? NO, 40 :biglaugh:
Do you get all time spent paid? Yes ,I work the dock till my trailer is done, And My hook time pays better than the D&H union hook.Even when I go real slow, but I dont, because I'd rather be home typing this crap back at ya! :Flame-On:
Do you get total respect of senority? Hell yah! I'm #1
Do you get lower health premiums with zero increases? Same as it was, hasnt gone up yet. :popcorn:
Do you get a secure pension? Thats a no brainer, Overnite has a pension that not even Union Pacific could get a crack at. and UPS cant touch it either.
Do you have a contract?? Not printed on swiss cheese,It should have been better written, and you know I'm right about that. We had a really educated law school city driver look it over before IND voted on it, he said it was so full of holes, UPS and employees would argue over the lanquage till they were blue in the face and no one would get anything done. he was right.:duh:

Sorry, I disagree with all that you say except for how the contract was written. It could have been written a bit more professional. Anything you have can be changed at any given notice and you can't do a damn thing about it. I will take the extra $600.00 per month I now make being under contract. Yes, $600.00 and that's mostly drop, hook and delay pay compared to what I had before with your policy and rule book that the TM can change anytime he wants if he feels it benefits his terminal.

Again, thanks for standing united with the rest of us UPSF employee's.

Sorry, I disagree with all that you say except for how the contract was written. It could have been written a bit more professional. Anything you have can be changed at any given notice and you can't do a damn thing about it. I will take the extra $600.00 per month I now make being under contract. Yes, $600.00 and that's mostly drop, hook and delay pay compared to what I had before with your policy and rule book that the TM can change anytime he wants if he feels it benefits his terminal.

Again, thanks for standing united with the rest of us UPSF employee's.

Your Welcome, but you dont have to thank me, Thank the contractors that are hauling our freight Union free. I counted 68 contractor trailers from 15 companys on the ready line in K.C. tonight, That was just ones on the line and not the ones parked against the fence.What are the Teamsters and your contract doing about that? I do know in K.C. they are going to organize to de-cert, if they dont do something about it soon. Good luck bro.

You guys are wasting your time with this LOSER........move on just like what UPS will do when they are tired of dealing with the non union cracker heads! And PS.......I am willing to bet the farm ALL THE ZONE DRIVERS will get their chance to sign cards and WILL, also all those new zone position will go up for a 150 mile radius posting by senority! Can i get a witness JDTEX? :bowdown:

Verbal Warning:
Stop attacking each other and attack the post.
I know there is still tension between the non-union UPSF and the Union UPSF. It is what it is right now.

Your Welcome, but you dont have to thank me, Thank the contractors that are hauling our freight Union free. I counted 68 contractor trailers from 15 companys on the ready line in K.C. tonight, That was just ones on the line and not the ones parked against the fence.What are the Teamsters and your contract doing about that? I do know in K.C. they are going to organize to de-cert, if they dont do something about it soon. Good luck bro.

:clap::clap::clap: very well put! just take a look at any of the big barns with 20/20 and u should see that they are nothing more than stomping grounds for outside contractors. Although I pay my teamster dues like most everyone else. I can't help but ask myself. For this?

2%er, the contract issue is committee hold and deadlock. You are so far away from the action,(toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.) that UPS forgot your terminal exists. Tell me about your knowledge, of how a decert works? ?????????????????:duh:

And PS.......I am willing to bet the farm ALL THE ZONE DRIVERS will get their chance to sign cards and WILL, also all those new zone position will go up for a 150 mile radius posting by senority! :bowdown:

I would bet the farm on this too. I was at a barn years ago that was Union. They opened up a Zone and the work was there and I jumped. Me and another driver from another terminal went there, both Union. We did have to change Locals, but stayed Union. That Zone grew rapidly and soon we had a building with seven drivers and a manager and sales rep. Besides how long do you think a driver would last at a Union UPS package facility? He would get a card in a couple days upon arrival. I wouldn't worry about it. Just kool-aid drinking :loser: driver know it alls just stiring the pot.

You guys are wasting your time with this LOSER........move on just like what UPS will do when they are tired of dealing with the non union cracker heads! And PS.......I am willing to bet the farm ALL THE ZONE DRIVERS will get their chance to sign cards and WILL, also all those new zone position will go up for a 150 mile radius posting by senority! Can i get a witness JDTEX? :bowdown:

Your the one losing, I loaded a CRST trailer to Dallas from K.C..........Not attacking you.....Just reporting the facts.....UPS is not dealing with the Non Union C.H. as you put it, they are affecting you and the 20 guys on layoff in K.C......Get your head out of YOUR crack!!

Your the one losing, I loaded a CRST trailer to Dallas from K.C..........Not attacking you.....Just reporting the facts.....UPS is not dealing with the Non Union C.H. as you put it, they are affecting you and the 20 guys on layoff in K.C......Get your head out of YOUR crack!!

You guys need to get onboard so NOBODY loses, 3 terminals in the entire system (all satellite barns) just simply saying NO thanks to a very good and growing contract! 5 yrs from now that contract will be tied into parcels contract look at both the expiration dates on both our and theirs! I spoke with a very high ranking BA that is very involved with UPGF as our Labor leader here and around the region and country and as for these zone drivers.....they are covered under the collection bargaining agreement no matter what UPGF is telling you or anyone else! ALL drivers, dock workers, hostlers, etc.. (city and road) nation wide are covered under the UPGF National contract and all they have to do is sign a card and alot have already done so and the rest will, and if the company started these guys at a higher rate of pay other than what the contract called for that is an unfair labor pratice and the Teamsters locally and nationally will be all over that, and when these new zone drivers sign up and the company tries to change that pay all these drivers need to do is have their BA file a by-lateral move labor charge and then tack on artlicle 29 past pratice language! With YRC possibly going out soon it ia simple to understand we could be the biggest badest freight line in the country replacing YRC and most of those hands are running to us and most of those hands are NOW the new zone drivers so they know how the union works and will only make our rank and file stronger with their union experience they bring to our green rank and file now! I have no hate to you nitetrain but I worked for USF Bestway back in the day and we had non union Bestway barns and USF Dugan all non union and over time they all (the NON UNIONS THAT IS) were cut out because the company needed more han the union did and those back room deals put pressure on the company to get these barns union or change of operations were done to get them out and the work over to a union barn! Remember the Teamster run a business and UPS runs a businness and if these two parties can work together to grow both sides of the fence they will, and with the oppurtunity UPS is having and could get bigger in the future with all these little LTL lines closing and maybe a big one like YRC doing the same, UPS is going to need alot of contract help......get onboard brother we want you guys/gals and thats all I have to say other than I am a 4th generation Teamster and I am very proud of our legacy and excited about our future both with the Union and UPS! God Bless!