Yellow | Zoom call update 6PM EST

ABF was part of NMFA at that time. R.A. Young who was president of ABF was elected by the leaders of the LTL companies under the NMFA to be the lead negotiator with the Teamsters negotiating committee. Carolina, along with several other companies under the NMFA signed a 'Me Too' agreement & kept operating during the strike. Nation's Way was another company that comes to mind. There was at least one other that escapes my memory now that kept operating.
Central transport kept running

You’re in Indy, right? From my Preston days, I know that everyone in Indy pretty much knows everyone in the Indy Area LTL Industry’s reputations as to if they are good workers or trouble makers. They know who to hire and who not to. For instance, when Preston folded, first thing Yellow did was hire Preston’s Ops Mgr as a Dock Supervisor. Then he told them which applicants to not hire. Most of us got jobs. A few couldn’t get hired anywhere in the Indy LTL Area. Our reputation precedes us.

I know Dayton sometimes hires ex-union. So does Saia. Estes does. OD rarely did in the past.
Yes I am out of Indy. That would suck if a former supervisor blocked you at a new company.

Absolutely not to the unemployment. I’m not that Cynical to think he doesn’t care at all. This dude has to lay his head down on the Pillow at night and think “Holy crap I’m the boss of the Third, largest LTL company in America. With almost 100 years in existence. And I failed to keep it alive.”

I’m sorry this has to at least bother him a bit.

This is what happens to those in this game. Its astonishing to me the disaster this things been. I’ve been driving sense 97. I’ve seen CF, NW go bankrupt. I’ve seen Hostess go bankrupt. Started at 24. Now I’m 50 and holy hell, It’s been one heck of an educational experience for sure.
Doesn’t bother him, the board, the SVP’s at all. Not one bit. Not his fault the world’s worst employees did this. 20 years of one great decision after another, the absolute cutting edge in mgmt from the top down, nah Darren and the rest sleep the sleep of the just. A better question is how do any of us live with ourselves.

I understand perfectly that YELL is a pump and dump stock. My question is why is it not dumping today based upon what appears to be dire death spiral news?
If a last minute financial package appears, stock could go nuts. Risk vs reward scenario.
But to me, none of this is looking good at all.

ABF was part of NMFA at that time. R.A. Young who was president of ABF was elected by the leaders of the LTL companies under the NMFA to be the lead negotiator with the Teamsters negotiating committee. Carolina, along with several other companies under the NMFA signed a 'Me Too' agreement & kept operating during the strike. Nation's Way was another company that comes to mind. There was at least one other that escapes my memory now that kept operating.
I had seniority at both Preston and Yellow during strike of 1994. Exhausting to work 60 hours at Preston then go to picket at Yellow 4 hours every night.

My boss just said yesterday that we would hire from Yellow if you guys end up without a job. And that's from a family owned carrier that is pretty against unions. Don't listen to the nobody will hire you guys hate.
I agree, nearly every single company, whether it’s a factory, construction, restaurant, law office, or trucking, can’t find anyone who will actually work these days. Most young people have zero work ethic, I hear the same thing every day; if you can find someone who can actually pass a drug test and show up, they show up late then want to play on their phone all day, they get a couple of paychecks and you never see them again.