FedEx Freight | “cali Call Off”

Well then who's gonna load the trailers ?
They have dock workers but cannot load or unload everything. Same goes for runs, they won’t be able to move everything. Just imagine if everyone came together as one, we would definitely get some deserved results.

I called off to read these posts
Not at my barn. Where you work out of driver?
not at my barn either, you’re right. But the hub I go to has 50ish drivers that rarely see the inside of a truck.
So yeah I’m sure if enough people follow through it could make things difficult for one day. Going to take more than 25 guys on trucking boards though don’t chya think? Also remember that fedex is brilliant at emergency coding things (forest fires, hurricanes, riots and looting, etc)
Bottom line is your guys’ plan won’t do $hit without representation but what the heck count me in!

We at RC & Co, are predicting that no later than ten years from now there will be one board. By then, a fifty hour week in the city will pay more than a fifty hour week on road. Consequently, no one will want to do shuttles at night, and the bottom of the board will be forced to run the shuttles.

List of centers where 50hr week is common?
Hell, 45?

not at my barn either, you’re right. But the hub I go to has 50ish drivers that rarely see the inside of a truck.
So yeah I’m sure if enough people follow through it could make things difficult for one day. Going to take more than 25 guys on trucking boards though don’t chya think? Also remember that fedex is brilliant at emergency coding things (forest fires, hurricanes, riots and looting, etc)
Bottom line is your guys’ plan won’t do $hit without representation but what the heck count me in!
Will hopefully enough people follow through and make it difficult for one day, with those impressive quarterly earnings and we’re still getting these :crap: raises and on top of that our health insurance is changing to United health care with an $18 per month increase.

Let’s say a call off is successful. Let’s say even more people than expected participated and the operation gets disrupted enough that it gets high managements attention....now what?

Who’s going to step up, claim responsibility for organizing the call off and be the spokesperson for the drivers?

I’m not a company man by any means, but this plan is flawed. If this thing gets pulled off enough to get attention, it’d be like a dog that finally catches a car he’s chasing. No one is going to know what to do with it.

Let’s say a call off is successful. Let’s say even more people than expected participated and the operation gets disrupted enough that it gets high managements attention....now what?

Who’s going to step up, claim responsibility for organizing the call off and be the spokesperson for the drivers?

I’m not a company man by any means, but this plan is flawed. If this thing gets pulled off enough to get attention, it’d be like a dog that finally catches a car he’s chasing. No one is going to know what to do with it.
Totally understandable and I believe we’re all thinking the same thing as you but until it actually happens, when and if it does trigger the attention of upper management then will see what barn will come forward and claim responsibility. I don’t think anyone wants to claim it now because of all the uncertainty that this has, over at my barn you here everyone barking and no biting. All that I’m saying is that I don’t think there’s someone in particular that has created this, in my mind it’s worth a shot and see where it goes. If it really triggers the attention and the company wants to dialogue then I’m sure will have multiple persons come through to take charge. I’m sure lots of us folks here have really good ideas on how to make this place better for everyone not only the investors.

You should volunteer! Career ******* is a noble profession!

Totally understandable and I believe we’re all thinking the same thing as you but until it actually happens, when and if it does trigger the attention of upper management then will see what barn will come forward and claim responsibility. I don’t think anyone wants to claim it now because of all the uncertainty that this has, over at my barn you here everyone barking and no biting. All that I’m saying is that I don’t think there’s someone in particular that has created this, in my mind it’s worth a shot and see where it goes. If it really triggers the attention and the company wants to dialogue then I’m sure will have multiple persons come through to take charge. I’m sure lots of us folks here have really good ideas on how to make this place better for everyone not only the investors.
Nobody has to claim anything but one of the more senior guys on here should step up and be the leader and make a decision on “when”
Otherwise, like at the centers, it’s just a lot of barking and no bite

You should volunteer! Career ******* is a noble profession!
I’m just a overpaid blue collar worker nobody would listen to me. Maybe you could take time away from the Culture,Inclusion and Citizenships (CIC) team and help us out. I know the team is busy with the new pillar - value all people-

Pretty sure management knows and is probably making a plan if it happens. They do read here so this is no secret. As far as the dialogue is concerned communication is not their strong point. Did we even do any of the feel good survey's this year?