R&L | ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ management

makaveli

TB Lurker
Credits
With posting the title as ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ management most people will say here we go again. Let's get it out in the open. Out of the Chicago terminal inside that office they are ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ. You have a dispatcher and terminal manager covering everything up and sweeping everything under the rug, covering for another dispatcher that has no problem with using the N word. Hopefully eveybody could figure out the word so I don't have to use it and spell it out like the ignorant dispatcher. This dispatcher posts on facebook of what he wants to do to N words, and kept using the word. It was reported to Facebook but the terminal manager and another dispatcher that are his friends cover it up again when it comes to the company. We just regret not printing it out, so everybody could see how ignorant these people are. Alot of people seen it and heard about it, but can't say anything because we tried talking to Wilmington about it awhile back, and we feel they don't care. If they hire people like this, I guess we are still in the Jim Crow era. If anybody wants to bash me thats fine, or tell me to find another job thats fine to. Just think about it, I need a job like you do to support my family. Also try coming into work and it is a hostile work environment, the dispatchers and the night terminal manager smile in your face but refer to you asout the N word, and at times you hear it. Thank you for letting me vent a little and if anybody wants to bash me about what I'm saying, go right ahead I think I heard it all from Chicago's ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ dispatcher

Last edited by a moderator:
I am white and using ANY of the language you have referenced to in ANY manner is unacceptable. You need to print out the Facebook stuff, or walk around with a recorder (check with local laws and company policies) to catch these people doing this. I am on your side, this is not acceptable.

shadowr434 I appologize for the language. I thought by putting the dashes in there was good. I didnt think about putting it the way you did when you edited it. Thank you for doing it. @bullwagon thank you. Thats not a bad idea about the recorder. Depending on the laws, it will still let everybody know what is being said and who is doing the talking

Makaveli,

You don't have to put up with that!! There is no reason what so ever why you should have to feel uncomfortable when going to work, your doing the same thing those other jack asses are, supporting you and yours, mabey a call to the labor board would be in order, also print out the facebook stuff and...sight unseen, post it somewhere!!

GT

Gather all the evidence you possibly can. If you can put enough together, look into suing R&L for harassment. There are labor laws an employer must follow and what you're describing can get a company in trouble. You'll need more than a facebook page. If this word is being used in the workplace you need to figure out a way to prove it. I wouldn't even complain about it at this point. Just put as much together as you possibly can and find a good lawyer for advice. The more this ahole does the better. If you have a case he'll get his in the end.

shadowr434 I appologize for the language. I thought by putting the dashes in there was good. I didnt think about putting it the way you did when you edited it. Thank you for doing it. @bullwagon thank you. Thats not a bad idea about the recorder. Depending on the laws, it will still let everybody know what is being said and who is doing the talking

No need to apologize.I totally understand where your coming from.It is totally unacceptable what your having to deal with and it is not normal language or behavior for R+L Carriers.