Yellow | $1.28 Billion In Sales Expected For Yrc Worldwide Inc (nasdaq:yrcw) This Quarter

After dropping loads at Croxton rail yard a quick bobtail to White Mana (burgers very similar to the many White Castles in the area) on Tonnelle Ave in Jersey City was standard procedure.

1.9.18WhiteManaBurgerByLuigiNovi1.jpg
I’ll take 10 with :smiley simmons:cheese!The bottom of the bag always gets greasy ,but damm good,And a next stop at Ruts Hut on river road in Clifton.

I’ll take 10 with :smiley simmons:cheese!The bottom of the bag always gets greasy ,but damm good,And a next stop at Ruts Hut on river road in Clifton.

A couple of "rippers" at Rutts along with a beer, a couple "all the way" at Hot Grill in Clifton, a sack of 10 at White Castle in Clifton, why live anywhere else? :smile new:

Every time I roll down Irving Blvd. here in Dallas and see ABF in the Old ETMF Dock I think of the good Old days. SAIA is in the Old Jones dock on Oakdale in Grand Prairie and the Old Northwest Transport (Nationsway) dock on Singleton in Dallas. XPO is in the Red Ball dock on Irving blvd. Estes is in the Old CF dock on Singleton. Southeastern is in the Old Merchants dock on Irving blvd. Many probably don’t remember Merchants. So much has changed in Dallas. And that’s not a good thing in my opinion. PIE is now US Express on Loop 12 in Dallas Breeze. Sorry, Breeze. I could go on and on. TOX... ICX... Churchill... Red Arrow... Brown... McLean... Smith Transfer... Campbell’s 66 (humping to please) I better stop because I’m getting depressed. Transcon has been torn down. Perhaps the most depressing news for this YRC thread of all is the Old Yellow dock on Irving blvd. is now Central Transport. I think I will now go throw up. I got the squirts too! Forgot USF Dugan... USF Bestway... I’m done now! My hemorrhoids are acting up.

And of course the old Central Freight dock at Loop 12 and 183 that is now flattened. The Green Machine used to be a great place to work until the kids sold it!

And of course the old Central Freight dock at Loop 12 and 183 that is now flattened. The Green Machine used to be a great place to work until the kids sold it!
Let’s be clear on the Old Green Machine ... Central Freight Line out of Waco Texas has no affiliation with Central Transport out of Michigan. I find it stupid that Central runs out of Fort Worth to serve the Dallas metroplex and moved out of USF Bestways Terminal in Dallas off Empire Central. I can understand why they sold the property across from the Dallas Cowboys old stadium that was leveled. That property is worth millions. But it’s stupid to run Dallas out of Fort Worth. Maybe by now they have opened a Terminal in Dallas but when I retired last year they didn’t have one. Central Freight was once one of the best LTL companies In Texas. Those days are long gone.

Let’s be clear on the Old Green Machine ... Central Freight Line out of Waco Texas has no affiliation with Central Transport out of Michigan. I find it stupid that Central runs out of Fort Worth to serve the Dallas metroplex and moved out of USF Bestways Terminal in Dallas off Empire Central. I can understand why they sold the property across from the Dallas Cowboys old stadium that was leveled. That property is worth millions. But it’s stupid to run Dallas out of Fort Worth. Maybe by now they have opened a Terminal in Dallas but when I retired last year they didn’t have one. Central Freight was once one of the best LTL companies In Texas. Those days are long gone.

Do you remember TSC?
When Ryder aquired them, those old B61s would fly, but the most ragged bunch of trucks I'd seen.

Do you remember TSC?
When Ryder aquired them, those old B61s would fly, but the most ragged bunch of trucks I'd seen.

5IgL8WW.jpg

Is it the same TSC that was involved in the litigation with Strickland Transportation? I seem to remember some raggedy ass trucks.

History overload!
(I like reading it though.)
I never knew what LTL was even when I got hired at roadway.
I just needed a job. Kids. Family. Bills. You know.
Unemployed. You take the job.
Straight out of the oilfield in the middle of nowhere I to the mass of humanity
into the LTL world.
Of course i had on the job training. (casual) Work you ass off or don't get called or set up the next day. But it was a gold mine back then.
I like reading about the old companies and I worked with some guys that worked for many of them. And I listened to alot of stories from them. Some bs. Some I know weren't bs.
Now. Even when I started T. B. didn't exist.
Internet wasn't even here. So the only complaining was when ya didn't get called into work. Lol. I liked it back then.
I'm sure some who were in it way before me liked it too.
What has changed so drastically that most we hear here are complaints?
Or is it just the internet and the anonymity of being able to complain?
It's still not a bad paying job. We were never expecting to get rich.
And if ya did you are crazy.
It paid the bills and made our lives comfortable. Still does.
Keep the old names alive. Fun. Seriously.

History overload!
into the LTL world.
Of course i had on the job training. (casual) Work you ass off or don't get called or set up the next day. But it was a gold mine back then.
I like reading about the old companies and I worked with some guys that worked for many of them. And I listened to alot of stories from them. Some bs. Some I know weren't bs.
Internet wasn't even here. So the only complaining was when ya didn't get called into work. Lol. I liked it back then.
The majority of the complainers on here, hiding behind a keyboard, are the same ones at the terminals complaining about work assignments daily, whining to supervisors that they,”can’t get in there”,milk the clock until top and bottom of the hour, want to take a no lunch, with pay, but only actually work about 5 hours out of 10,and bring back Walmart, and Home Depot deliveries saying they ran out of time...Did I forget anything?

The majority of the complainers on here, hiding behind a keyboard, are the same ones at the terminals complaining about work assignments daily, whining to supervisors that they,”can’t get in there”,milk the clock until top and bottom of the hour, want to take a no lunch, with pay, but only actually work about 5 hours out of 10,and bring back Walmart, and Home Depot deliveries saying they ran out of time...Did I forget anything?
Hahaha.... Nope...... I wasn't any of that.
Eight and out the gate! Eight hours and out! No ot. Didn't want it.
(roadway guys would remember 8 and out the gate)
(that's eight minutes when you get in your tractor and out the gate)
And yes it happened.

Ya that's funny. You didn't miss anything.. But I'm sure someone will come up with more...

History overload!
into the LTL world.
Great story, mystic! Heck...I was in my early 40’s when I got into LTL. Started at Roadway, as a matter of fact. I ‘learned’ from lots of guys who were part of the old guard...from the 1970’s. Boy howdy, has it ever changed!

Tough work, this LTL. Nobody ever said it was easy (although, I had my share of ‘two-stop days’ in the winters). Spent the last several years until my retirement a year-and-a-half ago at ABF. Never EVER did I work so physically hard in my entire life!! Part (or MOST) of that was ABF’s aversion to hiring full-time drivers. Our ‘shop steward’ (in name only) never cared about how many hours everyone else worked, because he had it made...maybe a stop or two in town, then a ‘far away’ U-Pack that, for some reason, took 6 hours.

Sometimes I wonder what the HELL I was thinking when I entered LTL! But...none of that matters now.

Great story, mystic! Heck...I was in my early 40’s when I got into LTL. Started at Roadway, as a matter of fact. I ‘learned’ from lots of guys who were part of the old guard...from the 1970’s. Boy howdy, has it ever changed!

Tough work, this LTL. Nobody ever said it was easy (although, I had my share of ‘two-stop days’ in the winters). Spent the last several years until my retirement a year-and-a-half ago at ABF. Never EVER did I work so physically hard in my entire life!! Part (or MOST) of that was ABF’s aversion to hiring full-time drivers. Our ‘shop steward’ (in name only) never cared about how many hours everyone else worked, because he had it made...maybe a stop or two in town, then a ‘far away’ U-Pack that, for some reason, took 6 hours.

Sometimes I wonder what the HELL I was thinking when I entered LTL! But...none of that matters now.

Last sentence says it all. Once ya leave its gone. Disappears.
I was 30 when I started.
But I'm glad I had a chance to have different jobs.
Building concrete stave grain silos. Putting up pole barns. Working in a plastic factory. On the dock loading. And the oilfield. I'm happy I had the diversity. But finding security (for awhile) at Roadway tops them all.

Not that many jobs. But if I had been in LTL since 18 years old I would have gone crazy.
And I knew and know still a couple guys that LTL is the only place they worked. One was dock only! I can't imagine. One guy still works there
He is under 60. Pushing close to 40 years in the same terminal.
I'd be insane..... I think he was almost to that point. Lol.

Last sentence says it all. Once ya leave its gone. Disappears.
I was 30 when I started.
But I'm glad I had a chance to have different jobs.
Building concrete stave grain silos. Putting up pole barns. Working in a plastic factory. On the dock loading. And the oilfield. I'm happy I had the diversity. But finding security (for awhile) at Roadway tops them all.

Not that many jobs. But if I had been in LTL since 18 years old I would have gone crazy.
And I knew and know still a couple guys that LTL is the only place they worked. One was dock only! I can't imagine. One guy still works there
He is under 60. Pushing close to 40 years in the same terminal.
I'd be insane..... I think he was almost to that point. Lol.
And now your current job,commercial lighting consultant ...

History overload!
into the LTL world.

I started my gig in 1955, never worked the dock or city, just drove my big ole truck.
Can't believe Roadway kept you guys in the dark so long.
All our trucks had tablets or laptops, satelite radios, microwaves, (6volt of course) each had cell phones with wifi
and bluetooth, RTL paid all tolls on the toll roads in SC,NC and Ga.
The year we ran sleepers, we had TVs with cable, (12 volt of course) with long drop cords.
I think Big R been pulling you guy's leg.
Now being a lighting consultant, Mystic will never be in the dark.

Don'i forget the cold popcorn . :drama:

I started my gig in 1955, never worked the dock or city, just drove my big ole truck.
Can't believe Roadway kept you guys in the dark so long.
All our trucks had tablets or laptops, satelite radios, microwaves, (6volt of course) each had cell phones with wifi
and bluetooth, RTL paid all tolls on the toll roads in SC,NC and Ga.
The year we ran sleepers, we had TVs with cable, (12 volt of course) with long drop cords.
I think Big R been pulling you guy's leg.
Now being a lighting consultant, Mystic will never be in the dark.
I did most of my time on the dock.
Which was fine by me. I did two years in the city at the start.
Tractors weren't that great.

You sir, hit every one of my "what's wrong with LTL today" subjects. My barn ( Holland Milwaukee) has 145 or so on the city board (give or take) and that's about 60% of the board. Although I would like to add the fmla club(not to be confused with FMLA) the Friday-Monday leave act bunch. But altogether a very good list. My compliments.

My current job?
Absolutely nothing.
I don't want a job.
Had one before.
I like where I am now.
But the lights in my new house will be BRIGHT!
As you get older we need bright lights. All those dim bulbs have made my eyesight bad over the years. Now I only have one good eye......
:1036316054:
I have some truck mirrors I can send you. Maybe put them around the house to see things better with your good eye?