ABF | 15%

I'm fine with either or, but not both. Don't take 6.5% in wages and make us pay $240 in premiums and pension contributions.

I cant believe they went that high to start with. I expected them to come with something more in the 160 a month range. Although i expected them to propose a 10 percent wage reduction

I cant believe they went that high to start with. I expected them to come with something more in the 160 a month range. Although i expected them to propose a 10 percent wage reduction

Typical negotiation tactics. Start with the moon, hoping to get somewhere in the middle.

I didn't think they would go 15%. I kinda thought 7 to 8%.

Not to get poltical, but I saw us paying towards our health insurance soon as obamacare was passed.

Typical negotiation tactics. Start with the moon, hoping to get somewhere in the middle.

I didn't think they would go 15%. I kinda thought 7 to 8%.

Not to get poltical, but I saw us paying towards our health insurance soon as obamacare was passed.
Kind of late in the game to still be that far apart....

We have 120 here now but I don't understand where 130 comes from it's not even a multiple of 8.

We have 120 here now but I don't understand where 130 comes from it's not even a multiple of 8.

You kinda lost me there. But some quick mental calculations puts the total reduction at about 12 percent for me and thats a figure i heard a couple of weeks ago.

I'm fine with either or, but not both. Don't take 6.5% in wages and make us pay $240 in premiums and pension contributions.
Oh, Good Grief! Are you that worried about being out of work? You've got a CDL-A w/HAZ-MAT, Doubles-Triples, Tanker,....you'll be working within hours if ABF closes their doors.....or goes on strike...or has a lockout....What's the matter, are you unemployable or something? Can you only drive green trucks? Take a stand, Stoney. Don't tell the company they can get into your wallet. Your skills are worth more than a pay cut. This is a bluff game going on, and you've just tipped your cards so the company can see them. If you give concessions, they will be back within six months asking for more,....because in the preceding six months, every non-Union carrier out there jammed pay/benefit cuts on their employees......because WE took them. Want to start that downward flushing cycle?

So does that mean you won't know if you even have coverage until you have worked most of the month? Someone who is laid-off will never be sure that they can go to the doctor until the last week... It was bad enough when it was two days out of the week, worse at three days, but this is complete bs... I know this doesn't affect senior guys, but how in the world can younger guys with families be expected to have this level of uncertainty and still be productive? This seems counter productive to me. PS This wouldn't affect me, but I remember what it was like, not knowing week to week if I had insurance or not...

So does that mean you won't know if you even have coverage until you have worked most of the month? Someone who is laid-off will never be sure that they can go to the doctor until the last week... It was bad enough when it was two days out of the week, worse at three days, but this is complete bs... I know this doesn't affect senior guys, but how in the world can younger guys with families be expected to have this level of uncertainty and still be productive? This seems counter productive to me. PS This wouldn't affect me, but I remember what it was like, not knowing week to week if I had insurance or not...
No one can live like that, they wont get anyone to work for them. These latest demands are unrealistic & will only breed anger....

You kinda lost me there. But some quick mental calculations puts the total reduction at about 12 percent for me and thats a figure i heard a couple of weeks ago.
We have to work 15 days (120 hours) a month to keep health insurance up. 130/8=16.25 days. We are guaranteed 8 hours so the 16.25 is senseless. Whatever the number of hours is it should be a factor of 8.
Four eight hour days, times four weeks, equals 128
Yep.

We have to work 15 days (120 hours) a month to keep health insurance up. 130/8=16.25 days. We are guaranteed 8 hours so the 16.25 is senseless. Whatever the number of hours is it should be a factor of 8.

Yep.
Where are you located? Here in the Carolinas it is three days a week, and it goes week to week. I gotta say, I wouldn't like 15 days a month...

Oh, Good Grief! Are you that worried about being out of work? You've got a CDL-A w/HAZ-MAT, Doubles-Triples, Tanker,....you'll be working within hours if ABF closes their doors.....or goes on strike...or has a lockout....What's the matter, are you unemployable or something? Can you only drive green trucks? Take a stand, Stoney. Don't tell the company they can get into your wallet. Your skills are worth more than a pay cut. This is a bluff game going on, and you've just tipped your cards so the company can see them. If you give concessions, they will be back within six months asking for more,....because in the preceding six months, every non-Union carrier out there jammed pay/benefit cuts on their employees......because WE took them. Want to start that downward flushing cycle?

I like my job here, I like and care about the guys I work with. I want what's best for all of us. I'm not worried about finding another job or starving.

If we give a concession and in 6 months to a year ABF still can't make a profit, then nothing can save this company.

I am taking stand, against you.

I like my job here, I like and care about the guys I work with. I want what's best for all of us. I'm not worried about finding another job or starving.

If we give a concession and in 6 months to a year ABF still can't make a profit, then nothing can save this company.

I am taking stand, against you.
You are entitled to your opinion.