XPO | 2 hour back-up

Goslo

TB Regular
Credits
Can someone please explain the reasons for having it? I can understand 1 hr, but 2hrs, I don't get it. Does it really have any effect on the o/b operation, other than allowing them to load slower?

Can someone please explain the reasons for having it? I can understand 1 hr, but 2hrs, I don't get it. Does it really have any effect on the o/b operation, other than allowing them to load slower?

More o/t for city drivers,less weekend for road drivers.Instead bring l/h drivers in early to load trailers correctly so they dont have to stay longer at reship..

The back-ups are all based on projected freight volumes and is intended to get all the freight moved...the magic word here is projected.

you know i saw this coming,. end of month, holiday weekend.i know it sucks but what else we gonna do ? they are not going to change it. maybe soon they will realize there is no need for it. i can see 15 years ago when we had more freight than drivers. but now we got more drivers than freight.

:hide: I have been off of linehaul for quite a few years now, but remember why I never minded the 2 hour back up.
First of all, my life was already screwed up by working nights. Second of all, in 6 years, I never got used to sleeping days and was sleepy all of the time.
On Friday, would take a Tylenol PM and sleep 10-12 hours and feel good for one night of the week.
Just my opinion!!! :smilie_132:

It was a breeze at XCN last night. No need for the backup at all. Still sitting here waiting to go in. Linehaul still doesn't have it figured out,so I still don't know where I'm going tonight.

It was a breeze at XCN last night. No need for the backup at all. Still sitting here waiting to go in. Linehaul still doesn't have it figured out,so I still don't know where I'm going tonight.

maybe you'll get lucky and have the night off...

i had 3 nights off this week...

oh well, i like the family time.

...to accomodate Chicago Land...

The back-ups were put in place to accomodate Chicago Land's 13 terminals and allow them to make late pick-ups and still move freight in time, especially at "end of month"...so, it was explained to me at XGO...

The back-ups were put in place to accomodate Chicago Land's 13 terminals and allow them to make late pick-ups and still move freight in time, especially at "end of month"...so, it was explained to me at XGO...
There only 8 of us. We don't have it every week like the old day's. Thats a step in the right area.

:hysterical: most of them get to reship on friday earlier than they do the rest of the week:whistling:

in the 5 years I have been at Con-Way, I have never seen a reason to have a 2 hr backoff. It just makes O/B load slower.