XPO | 2007 Raise

George

3rd rock from the sun
Credits
With all the concern for dockwork, parttime or fulltime, and the excidus of senior drivers from city to linehaul, it wouldn't surprise me to see the largest amount of this years raise be on the hourly rate as compared to the mileage rate, if any mileage raise. Maybe try to entise experience back to the dock and city with, let's say $40 a week raise where linehaul would get a $20- $25 a week raise at a $1 an hour raise and no mileage raise. Just an observation. Press on

I wasnt with Conway last year, but what was the '06 raise?

And is this considered the cost of living raise, or something else....thanks.

The P/D exodus is blamed on the cut in OT but one other factor is our missing pension.

Have been on LH off and on but my focus was to spend 5 consecutive years out of the last 10 to maximize my pension benifit. Not sure if "benefit" is an appropriate word as it really was part of the compensation package sold to me when I started here but I digress. Today, my retirement is based more on how much I save and with compounding the earlier I start, the better off I will be later. Thus LH looks good now and not later. This leaning can possibly affect those wages in a negative way when you factor in this labor supply and demand.

Am I off base?

It just seems to me that all the long boxes showing up without drivers to work the frieght will require dockworkers. This type of raise would up the starting hourly wage to attract new hires who would spend their time on the clock more than in the seat. It would also close the weekly earnings gap between city and shorter linehaul runs. Just sort of thinking online. Press on

Speculation could be cause for truckingboards.com to set up a betting pool or board. Probably legal with 100% payout.

I'll play.

Time will tell.we will be lucky if we get 50 cents.
A driver at the last YES seminar asked DAVE M what our raise was going to be, he said that we didn't get a rate increase. Wrong, 4.9 i believe it to be. May be they will let us have the rest of last years cost of living increase. The one were we supposed to get equal to the cost of living (4.6%), At least thats what they told our costumers.

A driver at the last YES seminar asked DAVE M what our raise was going to be, he said that we didn't get a rate increase. Wrong, 4.9 i believe it to be. May be they will let us have the rest of last years cost of living increase. The one were we supposed to get equal to the cost of living (4.6%), At least thats what they told our costumers.

I know that this is difficult for me to accept, but they may have bent the truth just a little. Core Values do not apply to those that write them. But why worry? - Nobody will notice and our labor force will still be happy to have their jobs.

The answer to claims, labor shortages, and lacking production is to develop new programs in line with ICE and PRIDE. And maybe a professional wrestling sponsorship.... and another race car. I'm thinking there has got to be something that needs "enhanced".

I'm going with an across the board rate increase of 2.1% without an increase in health care employee contributions (next year). This years contradiction will be decreased revenues which equates to lacking sales. Just a shot in the dark.

Next year's contradiction will definitely include higher fuel costs.

I know that this is difficult for me to accept, but they may have bent the truth just a little. Core Values do not apply to those that write them. But why worry? - Nobody will notice and our labor force will still be happy to have their jobs.

The answer to claims, labor shortages, and lacking production is to develop new programs in line with ICE and PRIDE. And maybe a professional wrestling sponsorship.... and another race car. I'm thinking there has got to be something that needs "enhanced".

I'm going with an across the board rate increase of 2.1% without an increase in health care employee contributions (next year). This years contradiction will be decreased revenues which equates to lacking sales. Just a shot in the dark.

Next year's contradiction will definitely include higher fuel costs.
Remember our profits are down 29% from last year and I know that DAVE and on up won''t lose a dime. It will come from our end.

put down your crack pipe ... they can't even pay a linehaul guy vacation based on last years gross ... it would cost them a fortune ... people doing the labor is a necessary evil .. If they or anyother corp . could get the job done without having to pay a competitive wage and compensation package ... they would ... tell you what .. let's all pick a day and work for free .. all of the same day ... just a gesture of our appreciation of all blessings and good fortunes and just the basic thankyou for taking care of us and providing through their professional and ethical leadership the secure and financial future I will be able to enjoy after a working lifetime of loyality and commitment ...... :butt kiss:

put down your crack pipe ... they can't even pay a linehaul guy vacation based on last years gross ... it would cost them a fortune ... people doing the labor is a necessary evil .. If they or anyother corp . could get the job done without having to pay a competitive wage and compensation package ... they would ... tell you what .. let's all pick a day and work for free .. all of the same day ... just a gesture of our appreciation of all blessings and good fortunes and just the basic thankyou for taking care of us and providing through their professional and ethical leadership the secure and financial future I will be able to enjoy after a working lifetime of loyality and commitment ...... :butt kiss:
You put down the needle.

raise

Time will tell.we will be lucky if we get 50 cents.

let us all be thankful we have a job and if and when we do get a raise it will be a suprise.
This is great, the competition for freight is so great and everyone airs the dirty laundry for all to read. perfect...give them some more ammo. then we won't have jobs...keep talking- then what would you complain about? notta...

im waiting for my 3 percent raise that they keep showing in all the examples in the paperwork for retirement !! it always says if you average 3% increase in pay this is how well you will have it when you get old ... well that would be about 72 cents or so THIS year ..but im at a deficit cause i usually dont get 3% ..so i need around 5% just to get where these greedy corparate bigwigs say i should be ...when its posted i expect about 50 cents at best ....nothing new here folks.. they will also tell us oh we have to pay more for your medical or something !! so what...i love this company

Everyone probably knows, year after year, your wages are based off what the competition is doing....through Con-ways sneaky Wage surveys.
Wait until they increase the 1% you pay for benefits. It's inevitable.
Oh the wonders of Con-way magical math.

1)80 cents = OT after 8 is gone or
2)$1.00= after 8 gone OT is now after 50.
1% ins is now 2%
70 hr in 8 days.
this is what I've heard.