XPO | 2013 Bids

Velvetta ain't chesse. It's cheese product. It might be a pressed block of spray " cheese " but that **** ain't cheese.

I put my time in thank you very much.... 6 years at the bottom of the flex at a small barn. Some weeks 60 hours, some 8, getting all the leftovers. So if you don't want to, or aren't strong enough to work through it, then move on.

I put my time in thank you very much.... 6 years at the bottom of the flex at a small barn. Some weeks 60 hours, some 8, getting all the leftovers. So if you don't want to, or aren't strong enough to work through it, then move on.
Right on. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

That's what I'm doing, only problem is that the company is slowly yanking the rug out from under those of us who have a long way to go. The more they put on the purchase vans the less freight we have to haul. And instead of having to scrape for 5-6 years, it's going to turn into 10-15. And who knows, by then linehaul might be gone entirely. Don't think they don't want to do that, they'd put it all on the longboxes and screw you and I in a heartbeat if and when it becomes viable. And it's not like I haven't been here for just a couple of days, I'm going on 3 years. Nothing compared to 25, but it's not like I walked through the door yesterday.

well I have been here ten years now and I am at a very large fac and I can Barely get those good runs after all this time I still have 100 Men in Front of me and well beyond that behind me Today I would be number 52 on nite time line haul still not the best slot and to be very honest the best I can hope for at my barn is about 70 as most of the men in front of me are just that my age group so I just take what I can get and be Happy with it Cause it ain't gonna change don't damn matter how much I cry !!

That's what I'm doing, only problem is that the company is slowly yanking the rug out from under those of us who have a long way to go. The more they put on the purchase vans the less freight we have to haul. And instead of having to scrape for 5-6 years, it's going to turn into 10-15. And who knows, by then linehaul might be gone entirely. Don't think they don't want to do that, they'd put it all on the longboxes and screw you and I in a heartbeat if and when it becomes viable. And it's not like I haven't been here for just a couple of days, I'm going on 3 years. Nothing compared to 25, but it's not like I walked through the door yesterday.

It's hard to gain seniority at an EOL terminal.

a lot of the guys at my barn are going back to flex too. Didn't they do this last bid too?? cut back on the number of bids, then added a bunch 3 weeks later as freight increased? That's why I tell my guys to bid what they want. I'm #4, I get what I want anyways.

I noticed a lot more "unassigned" or flex times for the city opperation at my barn too. A lot of start times were cut out and many original start times were moved back an hour. For example....this year 7am.....next year will be 8am. Im going to bid line haul and be done with it.

They added a ton of start times and deleted 3 or 4 night line haul bids. Those guys will have to bid flex.

I'm not unhappy, I moved up from #9 on the flex to #5... still a city bid, but I wasn't taking the last line spot and I'm DEFINITELY not taking inbound.

Happy for ya man, hopefully you get more work.

We lost one line bid, so I am back to number 14 of 15 and one guy says he is coming to line for sure so that bumps me to last.. And once I get bumped off, I'll see if i can just work a few hours a week to keep my seniority..Don't really need the money at this point. School is a priority

Happy for ya man, hopefully you get more work.

We lost one line bid, so I am back to number 14 of 15 and one guy says he is coming to line for sure so that bumps me to last.. And once I get bumped off, I'll see if i can just work a few hours a week to keep my seniority..Don't really need the money at this point. School is a priority

Hours overall haven't suffered this year, at least not yet anyway. What I am looking forward to and hoping for is a little earlier start daily which gets me out of there earlier.