Yellow | 2021 Second Quarter Loss

stephen colbert laughing GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Why is Yellow's rates so low stop low balling? My Uncle is a General Manager at a Industrial Lighting company tells me they use Yellow YRC Freight cheapest rates plus used to laugh about his bonuses for getting freight shipped for free using Time Critical never getting there on time when he really needed it a few days later.

Their interest expense for the quarter was over $37 million. How do expect them to show a profit with that albatross around their neck? Their net loss for the quarter was over $9 million. If the interest expense was half want it was they would have had nice numbers.
Every time I receive someone else's mail in my mailbox, I think of William Zollars, back again.

How is ABF doing so well while paying higher wages, health/welfare and 2018 full pension rates? I really think Yellow is setting themselves up for a bankruptcy then a buyout by a hedge fund who will demand a cut to health/welfare and pensions just like they did to Jack Cooper Transport the union will agree to it.

Here is a blueprint for what they will do but it will be a cut to Health and welfare either we pay a premium or they will cover just the driver only have to pay for family.

Last edited:
Their interest expense for the quarter was over $37 million. How do expect them to show a profit with that albatross around their neck? Their net loss for the quarter was over $9 million. If the interest expense was half want it was they would have had nice numbers.
You have to be kidding me. They pay 25% into pension and 15 % pay cut. They had 50% more revenue than ABF but Not even half the profit ratio. Here is an IDEA stop being a bottom feeding scumbag carrier and charge the correct rates.

You have to be kidding me. They pay 25% into pension and 15 % pay cut. They had 50% more revenue than ABF but Not even half the profit ratio. Here is an IDEA stop being a bottom feeding scumbag carrier and charge the correct rates.
Also at 1.3 billion in sales they should of been making 90 million in profit and paying full wages and benefits.

Someone had to say it….

OK...where did you see a loss? The operating ratio for the second quarter of 2021 was 97.9 compared to 100.5 in the second quarter of 2020. They MADE $27M for the 2ndQ.
Several years back they did some funky accounting and posted OR with the Corp office not included. Most carrier do not do that. Not sure if they still do that (?) but it looks like they made some money. till you dig a little deeper.

How is ABF doing so well while paying higher wages, health/welfare and 2018 full pension rates? I really think Yellow is setting themselves up for a bankruptcy then a buyout by a hedge fund who will demand a cut to health/welfare and pensions just like they did to Jack Cooper Transport the union will agree to it.

Here is a blueprint for what they will do but it will be a cut to Health and welfare either we pay a premium or they will cover just the driver only have to pay for family.

It'll be to get out of the pension, the union and company know the only draw to the job is the health insurance.....

If the interest was zero, they wouldn’t have had nice numbers