FedEx Freight | 2024 Furloughs

SIKOFITALL

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone hearing about if we’re having more furloughs coming up after this one ends at the end of March? Particularly in the northeast?

They have no reason to end them. They will continue, and imo, that's a good thing. Lets the guys that can hang back do so, and allow lower seniority guys a better chance of working, at the same time retaining as employeesboth if/when it picks up.
Literally no downside.

They have no reason to end them. They will continue, and imo, that's a good thing. Lets the guys that can hang back do so, and allow lower seniority guys a better chance of working, at the same time retaining as employeesboth if/when it picks up.
Literally no downside.
that would mean "people first".......they won't do that, just sayin

Our barn isn't doing furloughs for now anyways. We've got open positions that they can't fill.
Being stuck on a shuttle for the next 10-15 years or longer doesn't seem to be very appealing to fill those spots. Especially when you stack doubles & haz on there. Been plenty inquiring about it that can't get a haz endorsement or pass a drug screen though.

We haven't forced any furloughs at my center. We have had some take it since it started. Typically, we have 3-5 city drivers working the dock every day. They started a new rule that if more than 3 drivers are working the dock then they are only allowed 6 hours per day. Obviously, the drivers are pissed because you can't pay your bills on 30 hours a week. Our tonnage has been down 300k-400k per day for quite some time now. Something needs to change. The low dollar carriers are staying busy in my area, but we aren't.

We haven't forced any furloughs at my center. We have had some take it since it started. Typically, we have 3-5 city drivers working the dock every day. They started a new rule that if more than 3 drivers are working the dock then they are only allowed 6 hours per day. Obviously, the drivers are pissed because you can't pay your bills on 30 hours a week. Our tonnage has been down 300k-400k per day for quite some time now. Something needs to change. The low dollar carriers are staying busy in my area, but we aren't.
Its not just the low cost carriers keeping busy, friends at SAIA, OD, Southeastern and Dayton haven't been missing a beat. Granted the guys that left for SAIA have been having to run wild more often instead of out of their domicile.

Last two weeks have been super slow at our barn with 10+ sitting at home every day. Were running out of parking spots for empties.
PT not missing a beat in Nashville as the beg us to take CC days so bottom guys can work.
I know PT is a necessity, but not when you are canceling bids to run it...