XPO | 2nd Quarter Results

..............and tell me again why the 2.5% hasn't been returned? 401K match? I'm sure my good friend Rat will explain this to me. :thumbsup:

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=82713.msg854941#msg854941 date=1280974612]
..............and tell me again why the 2.5% hasn't been returned? 401K match? I'm sure my good friend Rat will explain this to me. :thumbsup:
[/quote]If all that stuff was reinstated, then they would've lost money..there, I explained it. They're in business to make money and we have to deal with it.. It will all come back eventually. Hopefully by the time we have to pay more for our insurance.

As I recall, the 401(k) match will be reinstated after we have an operating ratio of 96 or better for 2 consecutive quarters (2nd quarter results...97.9), and the 2.5% will be reinstated after we reach an operating ratio of 91.
In other words, forgetaboutit.

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=82713.msg854979#msg854979 date=1280979001]
If all that stuff was reinstated, then they would've lost money..there, I explained it. They're in business to make money and we have to deal with it.. It will all come back eventually. Hopefully by the time we have to pay more for our insurance.
[/quote]wow what a great answer !! have you been fitted for that white shirt yet ??? haha

If this company wants to show more of a profit they need to get the management to run more efficently. Everybody sees every day the mistakes that FOS's, Linehaul, T.M's make everyday. Sending 3 city drivers to the same company to make a pickup. Creating 4 vias at the reship to cover 2 trailers going 35 miles and creating hundreds and hundreds of empty miles. Long city runs and getting back to the service center late and make the linehaul drivers late. The manegment is overwhelmed and they don't know what to do, they are lost and no one can figure out how to fix this disaster. Maybe they should think about re-opening the service centers that they closed. Maybe micro-manage the management. Obviously it's not a employee issue, it's a mangemnet issue and they don't have any will to fix the problems. There is too many people in management that don't know what they are doing.

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=82713.msg855264#msg855264 date=1281045915]
If this company wants to show more of a profit they need to get the management to run more efficently. Everybody sees every day the mistakes that FOS's, Linehaul, T.M's make everyday. Sending 3 city drivers to the same company to make a pickup. Creating 4 vias at the reship to cover 2 trailers going 35 miles and creating hundreds and hundreds of empty miles. Long city runs and getting back to the service center late and make the linehaul drivers late. The manegment is overwhelmed and they don't know what to do, they are lost and no one can figure out how to fix this disaster. Maybe they should think about re-opening the service centers that they closed. Maybe micro-manage the management. Obviously it's not a employee issue, it's a mangemnet issue and they don't have any will to fix the problems. There is too many people in management that don't know what they are doing.
[/quote] Amen brother

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=82713.msg855264#msg855264 date=1281045915]
[/quote]

Amen brother, you'll get no argument from me, I see the crap everyday in the city. I've pulled into a place to make a delivery, and had to wait for one of our trucks to get off of the dock so I could get on it to unload my one pallet, then before the truck that I was waiting on moved, another Conway came in the gate for a delivery, all three of us had one pallet for the customer. We take directions from morons, and if we don't we get an LOI....wtf

A few months ago hubby pulled a set of mtys. Came back with the same set. They had sent an extra driver up there with him because 'a lot of freight" was coming back. Hmmm... someone lost that LOT of freight.... :nono:

[quote author=TiredDvrsWife link=topic=82713.msg855706#msg855706 date=1281157661]
A few months ago hubby pulled a set of mtys. Came back with the same set. They had sent an extra driver up there with him because 'a lot of freight" was coming back. Hmmm... someone lost that LOT of freight.... :nono:
[/quote]The important question...did he have to break and rehook?

[quote author=dcmilkwagon link=topic=82713.msg855366#msg855366 date=1281062985]
I've pulled into a place to make a delivery, and had to wait for one of our trucks to get off of the dock so I could get on it to unload my one pallet, then before the truck that I was waiting on moved, another Conway came in the gate for a delivery, all three of us had one pallet for the customer.
[/quote]Drive off, put down 'dock full' and charge for redelivery.

From what I've heard, the FOM would have tried to make him but only from a distance and behind a locked door :biglaugh:. He did work the dock tho he's never shirked that job.

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=82713.msg855712#msg855712 date=1281160366]
The important question...did he have to break and rehook?
[/quote]

[quote author=roadmaster link=topic=82713.msg855713#msg855713 date=1281160726]
Drive off, put down 'dock full' and charge for redelivery.
[/quote]

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. It is not the customers fault inbound supervisors are ignorant. Charge for redelivery? I am sure you will go a long way with Con-way.

[quote author=companyclown link=topic=82713.msg855722#msg855722 date=1281180493]
This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. It is not the customers fault inbound supervisors are ignorant. Charge for redelivery? I am sure you will go a long way with Con-way.
[/quote]I was "Clowning.'

[quote author=beerfd link=topic=82713.msg854979#msg854979 date=1280979001]
If all that stuff was reinstated, then they would've lost money..there, I explained it. They're in business to make money and we have to deal with it.. It will all come back eventually. Hopefully by the time we have to pay more for our insurance.
[/quote]

Beerfd is spot on. We would not have made a profit if we got it all back. We made a profit, we are heading in the right direction, towards getting back what we have lost. The economy is still in the tank so I am thankful we made any money at all. At the end of the year, we drivers will all get a little something extra in the form of a bonus check. It will be small but not as small as the one we got last year. Last year I got a bonus check for $0.00. There is always a silver lining, you just have to look harder for it sometimes. :grouphug: Thinks may get worse before they get better but I am confident that they will get better eventually and those of us who stick it out will be rewarded. :thumbsup:

[quote author=dcmilkwagon link=topic=82713.msg855366#msg855366 date=1281062985]
Amen brother, you'll get no argument from me, I see the crap everyday in the city. I've pulled into a place to make a delivery, and had to wait for one of our trucks to get off of the dock so I could get on it to unload my one pallet, then before the truck that I was waiting on moved, another Conway came in the gate for a delivery, all three of us had one pallet for the customer. We take directions from morons, and if we don't we get an LOI....wtf
[/quote]

Sounds like your service center needs an audit .. that was happening by us all the time till we got audited ..

[quote author=radman link=topic=82713.msg855766#msg855766 date=1281191505]
Beerfd is spot on. We would not have made a profit if we got it all back. We made a profit, we are heading in the right direction, towards getting back what we have lost. The economy is still in the tank so I am thankful we made any money at all. At the end of the year, we drivers will all get a little something extra in the form of a bonus check. It will be small but not as small as the one we got last year. Last year I got a bonus check for $0.00. There is always a silver lining, you just have to look harder for it sometimes. :grouphug: Thinks may get worse before they get better but I am confident that they will get better eventually and those of us who stick it out will be rewarded. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

We made $31.8 million LESS than last year at this time. When the recession was at full steam. The O/R is 5.4% less than the same period last year (97.9 compared to 92.5 in 2009). How is that a good thing? I'll agree that it is better than losing money, but come on, for all they they have taken from us and that's the best we can do. It quite obvious that the leadership of Con-way Inc. & Con-way Freight is not capable of running this company with the best interest of ALL of the employees in mind. They are only in it for themselves and the decrepit Board of Directors. The time for a leadership change is NOW!

[quote author=thestrap link=topic=82713.msg855886#msg855886 date=1281199731]
We made $31.8 million LESS than last year at this time. When the recession was at full steam. The O/R is 5.4% less than the same period last year (97.9 compared to 92.5 in 2009). How is that a good thing? I'll agree that it is better than losing money, but come on, for all they they have taken from us and that's the best we can do. It quite obvious that the leadership of Con-way Inc. & Con-way Freight is not capable of running this company with the best interest of ALL of the employees in mind. They are only in it for themselves and the decrepit Board of Directors. The time for a leadership change is NOW!
[/quote]

Its a good thing because I am grateful and optimistic. Making money is good, loosing money is bad.Profit=bonus, loss=no bonus. Whether or not the people running this outfit stay or go IS NOT up to me. Whether I go to work feeling like we are moving in the right direction IS up to me. Its like I said driver, things may get worse before they get better but I hope, I think, and I pray that they will get better. Whats the point otherwise. If I can't be optimistic about the direction were headed in then I might as well go and put my app in at FedEx.

[quote author=thestrap link=topic=82713.msg855886#msg855886 date=1281199731]
[/quote]Yeah, I thought that was weird, I didn't know we made that much money last year at this time. I thought we were in dire-straights last year, yet it was better profit.