3 hour road test for job

We pulled a lot of enterline trailers from the arsenal at Anniston Ala.
Cottonbelt, Campbell 66 Express(Humpin to Please) (Don't mark it rush, just tag it Baggett)

Nope out of Toledo was there "82 thru "95 when ABF got us moved on to carhaul now
Just curious Mustang, ran out of Charlotte, have some good CFC friends in Cherryville, we ran together three trips weekly to Fla
Good times,fond memories.
Carolina has a nice museum in Cherryville has some of the original trucks Beam used to start the company.

Just curious Mustang, ran out of Charlotte, have some good CFC friends in Cherryville, we ran together three trips weekly to Fla
Good times,fond memories.
Carolina has a nice museum in Cherryville has some of the original trucks Beam used to start the company.
Have to agree with ya Mr. Beam was a great guy and company to work for. Been to the museum ,that's where he started out of the old gas station. But after he passed and Mr. Younger stepped down the bean counters came in and kinda went down hill from there. I got to drive the "QUALITY set that had all the employes names on the trl's that were involved in that deal. Ran the triples lane until they moved it over to Gary. stayed up here in my area end my time with them on the Carlisle bid which when I started ran it on the extra board. YEP good time good people thanks for asking stay safe and enjoy retirement

Nope out of Toledo was there "82 thru "95 when ABF got us moved on to carhaul now
I remember reading help wanted adds in the Detroit News when Roadway was opening up their Toledo breakbulk in the mid seventies. I left southeastern Michigan in 1981.

Have to agree with ya Mr. Beam was a great guy and company to work for. Been to the museum ,that's where he started out of the old gas station. But after he passed and Mr. Younger stepped down the bean counters came in and kinda went down hill from there. I got to drive the "QUALITY set that had all the employes names on the trl's that were involved in that deal. Ran the triples lane until they moved it over to Gary. stayed up here in my area end my time with them on the Carlisle bid which when I started ran it on the extra board. YEP good time good people thanks for asking stay safe and enjoy retirement
Few yrs. back, went up to their reunion, sat around talked bout old times, like how she wiggled when she walked,stuff like that
and how faast em trucks would go same ole, same ole

I remember reading help wanted adds in the Detroit News when Roadway was opening up their Toledo breakbulk in the mid seventies. I left southeastern Michigan in 1981.
Well Mr. Mud I went to work for the Big R in '76 when they opened the terminal, got laid off too much the last years so I moved on to CFCC and now into carhaul plus a few non's mixed in there so I feel blessed that i made it this far and doing pretty good OK life story done now back to regular programing everybody enjoy and stay safe

10-50, 10-99, 10-100.
had to look up Codes.
I know - me too. Looking WAY back - I remember I had to actually apply for and get an FCC licence and call number to legally operate my brand new 23 channel CB radio back in 1971. Channel 10 was the trucker channel back then - but was changed to Channel 19 because it was interfering with the Emergency Channel 9. (I can almost still remember my call letters from back then - but not quite). I wonder if the FCC still has my name and licence call letters and number on record.
10-24 and 10-100 RIGHT NOW ! !
Whew - I'm back. Just one more thought (and question in my mind). One of the very first CB's I remember using was a Johnson - made in Waseca, MN - with only 3 channels A - B - C and those channels had to be pre-set with actual crystals at a radio shop for whatever 3 frequencies you wanted. I guess it was just a mobile version of a ham radio - very powerful.
That must be a collector piece now - wish I still had it.

Last edited:
I got to drive the "QUALITY set that had all the employes names on the trl's that were involved in that deal.
Is that the one that had, "Pulling Together", all down the side? If so I seen it and we had a joke about it in about 1995...

I know - me too. Looking WAY back - I remember I had to actually apply for and get an FCC licence and call number to legally operate my brand new 23 channel CB radio back in 1971. Channel 10 was the trucker channel back then - but was changed to Channel 19 because it was interfering with the Emergency Channel 9. (I can almost still remember my call letters from back then - but not quite). I wonder if the FCC still has my name and licence call letters and number on record.
10-24 and 10-100 RIGHT NOW ! !
Whew - I'm back. Just one more thought (and question in my mind). One of the very first CB's I remember using was a Johnson - made in Waseca, MN - with only 3 channels A - B - C and those channels had to be pre-set with actual crystals at a radio shop for whatever 3 frequencies you wanted. I guess it was just a mobile version of a ham radio - very powerful.
That must be a collector piece now - wish I still had it.

You ain't lying. I had one and a small antenna on top of my house. At night I could talk to Raleigh NC (100) miles from my house. Then I got Browning Golden Eagle. Dang thing has a set of points inside that would of made them uni points for Chevys jealous.

Henry, those were known as the White Face, also had a 10 channel Black Face Johnson.
They received all 23 channels with a tuner, but like the 3 channel still used individual plugin crystals for transmitting
So powerful, many were used on commercial fishing boats before VHF
You're right about the license, I think we had to pay for them at one time,believe FCC did away with them.