XPO | 3 things the logistics industry can learn from Brad Jacobs’ new book

How to get people to serve you over and above and not pay for it.

Drivers are a dime a dozen. Pick any three.

Management only knows how to wine and dine. Keeping fine trappings but maintain really bad buildings and facilities for the driver riff raff.

And finally my personal favorite.

Making promises to have this there when without consulting with me first. I get tired of trying to save Management from Promises they cannot keep.

Making promises to have this there when without consulting with me first. I get tired of trying to save Management from Promises they cannot keep.
You save management? I always used the line. If management promised then management should have loaded in there car and bought

Con-way wasn't much better. They were still using MS-DOS so windows 97 is an upgrade... :lmao:
Con-way concentrated on being a freight company and delivering service to its customers. They didn’t try to razzmatazz investors with promises of high stock returns and enrich one man. Technology is great but when it comes to the basics of freight it really boils down to having good equipment ,Facilities and man power.

Con-way concentrated on being a freight company and delivering service to its customers. They didn’t try to razzmatazz investors with promises of high stock returns and enrich one man. Technology is great but when it comes to the basics of freight it really boils down to having good equipment ,Facilities and man power.
Yea I get it, but come on. MS-DOS in 2014???? Really they could do a little upgrade

Yes,no doubt . Xpo has yet to realize their drivers are what makes it ALL happen. Technology can not overcome poor management.