R&L | 401k ?

bullwagon

TB Regular
Credits
What month in the new year do they deposit their match? it has been so long i cannot remember, also what percentage do they match? I don't remember if they changed it or not, thanks in advance

Not sure myself.I pulled out back during the beginning of the recession when I saw the money going bye bye and haven't gotten back in yet.

Think it's in March, the match WAS 50% up to 5%, so if you were putting 5%, the match was 2.5%... I think

I took a loan on mine and bought a flip house, seemed like a good idea at the time...

I stayed in, dispite no match I still got some return on the money. Not much but it beat the pillow case method.

i stayed in too, i am in my 30's so i have enough time to wait for it all to recover and then try not to lose it, lol. i do about 6%, i also have a roth IRA that i do about 6% as well in. so if i understand right then they will match 50% of that up to 5% right? i will put about 3,000 in this year, so that would mean that they will match it at about 1,500? does that sound right?

They match up to 2.5% of your gross income. They write it as one half of 5%, that's 2.5%. Why try to confuse people. If you made $50,000.00 they would contribute up to $1250.00.

It is usually put in in the first quarter.

Never take a 401k loan. UNLESS YOU ARE HAVING SEVERE FINANCIAL HARDSHIP. You lose your potential earnings, and, it is payed back with after tax dollars not pre-tax. Then when you retire and use your 401k money you get to pay taxes on it again. TAXED TWICE ON THE SAME MONEY, not a good choice in my book.

ENJOY YOUR LONG WEEKEND EVERYBODY

Last edited by a moderator:
norwalk driver said:
They match up to 2.5% of your gross income. They write it as one half of 5%, that's 2.5%. Why try to confuse people. If you made $50,000.00 they would contribute up to $1250.00.

It is usually put in in the first quarter.

Never take a 401k loan. UNLESS YOU ARE HAVING SEVERE FINANCIAL HARDSHIP. You lose your potential earnings, and, it is payed back with after tax dollars not pre-tax. Then when you retire and use your 401k money you get to pay taxes on it again. TAXED TWICE ON THE SAME MONEY, not a good choice in my book.

ENJOY YOUR LONG WEEKEND EVERYBODY

Great advice,the 401 k loan is a bad idea. I work at Fedex Freight and our match is the same,but deposited weekly. We have Vanguard as our administrator,couldnt be happier. I pay them about $11.00 a month to manage my account and couldnt be happier.