ODFL | 401k

godswrath

TB Lurker
Credits
just curious as how some of you allocate your funds. i tried different ones but seemed to lose money so i put it all in od stock seems to do alot better.

godswrath said:
just curious as how some of you allocate your funds. i tried different ones but seemed to lose money so i put it all in od stock seems to do alot better.

I would get proffesional help,maybe the person at your bank that sells investments will help since you have an account there. Whatever company manages administrates your 401k might offer to manage it for a fee,thats what I do. Any investment expert worth their salt will tell you that putting it all in one place is a really bad idea. An honest one will tell you that investing your 401k in single stocks is also a bad idea.

I've been using JP morgan's investment people.They get a % of your money every 1/4.I believe it is 3%.not sure.All I know is mine has never lost any.Alway's making a return.So I figure the money I pay them is money that I would have lost if not.I would call them to ask.You never want to let a bank take care of your investment's.Just saying..Bad people to mess with.

There's a few millionaires working at OD because of their company stock but remember anything that has been going as strong as they have for so long has got to hit a down sooner or later.Don't put all your eggs in one basket,seek professional advice outside of the company.I was very lucky getting in at the right time and retiring at the right time.Good luck to you.

well i have other things i invest in. jp morgan does are 401k but the return seems to be better with just od stock then anything else. i changed it about 3 months ago and have been pretty happy so far. before i had it invested with jp in different areas and was always losing money because of the wonderful stock market.

O'h yes you were there jimBob..Boy!o'boy the one's who lost 10's of thousand's when the market fell.Really did feel bad for the older fellow's that were ready to retire that lost&still are working today because of what they lost.J.P. Morgan has a preatty good deal now that I took advantage of so I don't have to worry about it.They have done very well so far.Working out for me.
There's a few millionaires working at OD because of their company stock but remember anything that has been going as strong as they have for so long has got to hit a down sooner or later.Don't put all your eggs in one basket,seek professional advice outside of the company.I was very lucky getting in at the right time and retiring at the right time.Good luck to you.

I use the Investment engines option offered by JP Morgan it hasnt been too bad.7 years ago JPM recomended not buying OD stock,so I opened a brokerage account and bought it on my own, been a hell of an investment its out-perfomed the market.

i think thats kinda funny that jp morgan said that seeing how so far its been the best performing stock so far. i am not a genius when it comes to stocks but i did what they suggested and changed it now its doing better. i do keep an eye on things to a degree.