XPO | 5%

You still need to resort to personal and denigrating attacks and so I react? You really do not want me to go there. I have demonstrated restraint but am very willing to rip your blind faith and mindless loyalty in a corporate power to shreds.

There is no doubt your participation here is not out of a personal desire or need to service those that you feel benevolent towards. Your agenda is screaming a need to benefit your superiors and it certainly demonstrates to our leaders your superior communication and manipulation skills. Yet, am confident you sleep well at night.

Are you ready to rumble or do you want to keep this civil???

Please explain why life is too short to accurately see something for what it is.....

You will rumble anyway, so what's the point..??
I was being civil, and in retrospect, I shouldn't have said I feel bad for you, so I apologize. You are entitled to that world and your view..

As far as personal attacks and denigration, I fail to see that except where you accused me of being here for some sort of financial benefit, which is completely inaccurate...I would ask you to support this lie with any facts that you have...good luck...and if you locate them, pass them on to my wife, because she would most certainly want to know about it...

My faith is not blind, I find it in the people I get to work with everyday, and my loyalty is not mindless because I know where my check comes from every Friday...Should that cease, my loyalty will follow..

Stressing the negative will definitely shorten your life, unless God wants to keep you around to dwell in your negativity as some sort of twisted punishment...there are very few 90 year old grumps...

So I say live it to it's fullest each day, regardless of how full that may be...It's healthier, I am finding..

Just remember guys we all work for the same Company and are all hoping for the same results. Profit and our 5% back. I have said this before, and i'll say it again. Look back at all Con Way has taken over the last 5 years, and try and figure out how much money we would be making right now if they took nothing but kept giving. Right now we would all be on the soup line because the profit would be non existent a long time ago and we would be out of money. Most companies today are getting away from pensions, even the big u's are realizing that the pension cannot be funded anymore. I think trusting someone else to make sure you have money in retirement is crazy!!!!! Look at all the GM employees that are about to have nothing because they all thought they would have a great pension?? Where's that pension now? They should have been saving on their own, but didn't! Either way, i want my 5% back and through added business we're going to get it? Maybe, but if not, i'm still a Con Way employee and will still love my job!
I am sincerely glad you love your job. I enjoy the work as well. And there was a time that I respected and trusted Conway.

Conway did not have to lose the trust and respect of a large portion of their workforce. (Note: there was a time that I would use the word team in place of workforce.) Currently, conjecture determines if they lost the respect and trust of most, many, the vast majority,...what ever. Am sure we will receive the unbiased survey report in July.

We did not need to go into a business that we have proved to fail in twice in the past - The T/L biz. That was our pension and they stole it. OH. - THAT old issue? So, call me crazy. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat. As far as saving on my own; that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the pension and it is nobody's business but my own. But if you must know, I've done quit well in that dept. Am pretty sure you will agree that how I or any one handles their finances is not what the focus of this discussion should be.

In a nutshell, they could compensate us for our years of loyal service and some sacrifice, when few were willing to work with out a contract, at the level they told us they would. With equal confidence, I ask you to look back and determine how much Conway could have saved if they did not earn the disrespect and distrust of its workforce. Really, take a moment and think just how far reaching the savings would be. Picture those malcontents and disgruntled coworkers that you see at your terminal or at the FAC everyday and visualize them giving a crap. What could a corporate team consistently accomplish on a day to day basis....not to mention long term if all/most were content and loyal.

As far as the "everyone else is doing it" syndrome, I can attest that my mother never approved of that logic when I tried to pull it on her.

We might not be as big today but we would definitely be competitive and profitable.

We would NOT be in a soup line.....I take that back. If everybody cared there would be a bunch of supervisors and Quality Control people in the soup line as we would not need them anymore.

I am sincerely glad you love your job. I enjoy the work as well. And there was a time that I respected and trusted Conway.

Conway did not have to lose the trust and respect of a large portion of their workforce. (Note: there was a time that I would use the word team in place of workforce.) Currently, conjecture determines if they lost the respect and trust of most, many, the vast majority,...what ever. Am sure we will receive the unbiased survey report in July.

We did not need to go into a business that we have proved to fail in twice in the past - The T/L biz. That was our pension and they stole it. OH. - THAT old issue? So, call me crazy. Those that forget history are doomed to repeat. As far as saving on my own; that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the pension and it is nobody's business but my own. But if you must know, I've done quit well in that dept. Am pretty sure you will agree that how I or any one handles their finances is not what the focus of this discussion should be.

In a nutshell, they could compensate us for our years of loyal service and some sacrifice, when few were willing to work with out a contract, at the level they told us they would. With equal confidence, I ask you to look back and determine how much Conway could have saved if they did not earn the disrespect and distrust of its workforce. Really, take a moment and think just how far reaching the savings would be. Picture those malcontents and disgruntled coworkers that you see at your terminal or at the FAC everyday and visualize them giving a crap. What could a corporate team consistently accomplish on a day to day basis....not to mention long term if all/most were content and loyal.

As far as the "everyone else is doing it" syndrome, I can attest that my mother never approved of that logic when I tried to pull it on her.

We might not be as big today but we would definitely be competitive and profitable.

We would NOT be in a soup line.....I take that back. If everybody cared there would be a bunch of supervisors and Quality Control people in the soup line as we would not need them anymore.

Well, good opinions, as always..I especially agree with your last statement..my dad used to ask me, "well, if everyone else was jumping off a bridge onto a freeway, would you follow??" And I still honestly can say that we didn't follow anyone off a bridge here...The ledger was what it was..It was the last thing, the last resort, anyone wanted to act on...The fact we held out until the end of the first quarter speaks to that..

I suppose there are alot of 15-20 year people over at Chrysler and GM right about now saying they were promised something also...Sometimes circumstances change and those promises just cannot be kept..I also believe if there had been a way to keep those promises, they would have been kept..

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion on Truckload, because hindsight is 20/20...they have not bled anything out of the corporation from an earnings standpoint since the purchase..Had there been enough foresight into the calamity of the latter half of 08 into 09, maybe we wouldn't have made that deal in 07...I guess now, we make the best of it going forward..

You will rumble anyway, so what's the point..??
I was being civil, and in retrospect, I shouldn't have said I feel bad for you, so I apologize. You are entitled to that world and your view..

As far as personal attacks and denigration, I fail to see that except where you accused me of being here for some sort of financial benefit, which is completely inaccurate...I would ask you to support this lie with any facts that you have...good luck...and if you locate them, pass them on to my wife, because she would most certainly want to know about it...

My faith is not blind, I find it in the people I get to work with everyday, and my loyalty is not mindless because I know where my check comes from every Friday...Should that cease, my loyalty will follow..

Stressing the negative will definitely shorten your life, unless God wants to keep you around to dwell in your negativity as some sort of twisted punishment...there are very few 90 year old grumps...

So I say live it to it's fullest each day, regardless of how full that may be...It's healthier, I am finding..

Facts? Need I remind you we work for Conway?

I never mentioned financial benefit but if you are referring to potentially generous rewards, then you hit it on the nose. You are consistent though in your communicating to us your absolute desire that there is no promotion in your future but that is where you would realize a financial benefit. So perhaps you are just making yourself more valuable in the position you are currently holding. I can understand that. And if that were the case then your financial reward would only remain as it was. And you are to feel more secure in your job. I wish I could say that a Conway manager has never lied to me.....And I wish I could say that I did not believe him at the time.

I have no facts and this is all speculation but I just do not understand why you would be on here talking up the company line for shear entertainment. If they did not know who you were before you even registered at Truckingboards.com, then they do by now. You must have the company nod by this time to continue your work here. So as with all you do as a manager, you are being evaluated for retention and/or promotion and this all bodes well in your favor. Keep up the good work.

Facts? Need I remind you we work for Conway?

I never mentioned financial benefit but if you are referring to potentially generous rewards, then you hit it on the nose. You are consistent though in your communicating to us your absolute desire that there is no promotion in your future but that is where you would realize a financial benefit. So perhaps you are just making yourself more valuable in the position you are currently holding. I can understand that. And if that were the case then your financial reward would only remain as it was. And you are to feel more secure in your job. I wish I could say that a Conway manager has never lied to me.....And I wish I could say that I did not believe him at the time.

I have no facts and this is all speculation but I just do not understand why you would be on here talking up the company line for shear entertainment. If they did not know who you were before you even registered at Truckingboards.com, then they do by now. You must have the company nod by this time to continue your work here. So as with all you do as a manager, you are being evaluated for retention and/or promotion and this all bodes well in your favor. Keep up the good work.

In that regard, you are just way off base..nobody has ever talked to me about my being here...nobody has ever nodded or shook their head..I think like anyone else, I am graded on the job I do at my service center...If I didn't, I would be gone..

I am JUST another employee of Con-way Freight, sharing my thoughts and opinions like everyone else...Just because my opinions differ from yours doesn't necessarily make them wrong...I may have insight on some topics that others don't, but really I am just here to talk to the people I work with...

I think I have made myself very clear on the idea of promotion...Some people crave it, I just happen to be someone who doesn't...I think I am plenty challenged at my current level, and this is what I enjoy doing...There are a few here on the boards who know me and my history, and they would tell you the same thing about me, I am sure..