Estes | 6 Day Schedule

Kam2010

TB Lurker
Credits
Lots of speculation and questions on who the 6 day mandatory schedule affects. Anyone know if it is in policy somewhere? Do 3/2 run 6 day, 500, 550, 600+ mile runners? All are on the list at 074. Some only have low single digit hours on 70 hour clock at the end of long week.

At my terminal anyone that is XB, has a laydown(regardless of miles) or runs over 550 miles isn't required to run the "mandatory" 6th day. Also no one checks to see if we actually worked so I stopped working them years ago. Let the outside carriers run that ::shit::. There seems to be 4-5 in every terminal I've been to lately.

Same at my barn. Nobody with a big run, a laydown, no extraboard. And pretty much everyone ignores the list anyway.

I’ve worked a couple 6 day weeks lately as a volunteer. I’m grateful for the bonus but I think I’m about burned out on it.
Thats whats going to happen is burn out. Have the extra board guys come in on the weekend and run the freight for your terminal instead of sending them out to other terminals to run their freight.

O74 is all about numbers and the bonus that management gets if the terminal meets all of corporate"s rules for said bonuses. Hence the list every week of the folks who over idle and etc with the snide remarks on it about doing better. Its 120 degrees in them tractors on the asphalt but dont idle them to run the ac to keep from heat stroke. Every driver is required to run 1 day of their off days in the rotation they have. Doesnt mean they will have freight for you to run but if they do and its your day on the list its mandatory from what i hear.

Lots of speculation and questions on who the 6 day mandatory schedule affects. Anyone know if it is in policy somewhere? Do 3/2 run 6 day, 500, 550, 600+ mile runners? All are on the list at 074. Some only have low single digit hours on 70 hour clock at the end of long week.
No Union contract they can do whatever they want with you

Nobody can do whatever they want. I think a 3rd party injected into a working relationship between two party’s only representing one side is unwise. Even worse the 3rd party using the working relationship in a company to push a woke commie agenda globally. Take your union and shove it!!!