Yellow | 99 Years Ago Today.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's not true, that Yellow still provided decent jobs for over 30,000 people? Or are you insinuating that the Yellow employees were too stupid to not know they were being "conned" as you proclaimed? Get real.
What did the give backs accomplish you get real 💯

I'm tired of this argument 😒 move on like my husband did 9 years ago.. Anyone with .25 percent of a brain can see that while the give backs delayed the results of crappy management and bad decisions perhaps like shooting a bad dog or lame horse in the beginning would have been far kinder in the long run

I'm tired of this argument 😒 move on like my husband did 9 years ago.. Anyone with .25 percent of a brain can see that while the give backs delayed the results of crappy management and bad decisions perhaps like shooting a bad dog or lame horse in the beginning would have been far kinder in the long run
Once again, what part of what I said isn't true? You blather on but don't answer my question.

Blathering on at least we were smart enough to figure it out....so who is really Blathering Husband wants to know why you stayed when they took your pension????doesn't seem so smart now does it???, By the way he always voted 👎 No

How great is it now?? PS my husband was number 1 on the board when he left Yellow grow up. At the shop
Blathering on at least we were smart enough to figure it out....so who is really Blathering Husband wants to know why you stayed when they took your pension????doesn't seem so smart now does it???, By the way he always voted 👎 No
I'll say this one last time in the hope it finally penetrates. By Yellow staying in business for the 10+ years since the givebacks it did two things:
1) It still provided decent paying jobs for over 30,000 people for all that time.
2) It gave people plenty of time to find other good paying jobs if they weren't happy at Yellow. It's a fact to anyone with one tenth of a brain that it's much better to be looking for a new job while still employed than to be looking for a job when unemployed.
Do you finally get it now?
PS - You know nothing about me or my circumstances or why or how I was still employed there. And who cares how your "hubby" voted either.

Good I DGAF about you either or your yes votes so stop crying about those 30,000 people as you pointed out they had more than enough time to find new jobs. Happy New Year
You know nothing about my vote or even if I was entitled to a vote so you just continue to display your ignorance for all to see. Also don't interpret my concern for 30,000 workers as "crying" either, that's just another example of your ignorance. And I see your use of shorthand for gutter language is consistent anyway. Class act!

You know nothing about my vote or even if I was entitled to a vote so you just continue to display your ignorance for all to see. Also don't interpret my concern for 30,000 workers as "crying" either, that's just another example of your ignorance. And I see your use of shorthand for gutter language is consistent anyway. Class act!
I sure am.

Is it really better that every Yellow employee gave up over $100,000 to stay open an extra 10+ years? Or better to have just closed back then and everyone would have done then the same thing they're doing now, starting over
That's a fair question. It's been 14 years and seven months from the original pay cut to the "last day". For me (who worked a lot of OT) and many of the road drivers and for that matter a lot of other people, the total concession between pay, benefits, vacation forfeiture of a week for several years, it all totaled slightly over $300,000. Yes, I've kept track of it all this time.

Is it really better that every Yellow employee gave up over $100,000 to stay open an extra 10+ years? Or better to have just closed back then and everyone would have done then the same thing they're doing now, starting over
You're missing something here. Over the last 10+ years no one was bound to stay at Yellow. Those who were capable of getting hired at other places were free to do so, and be able to do it while still being employed and getting a weekly paycheck. Those who for some reason might not have been able to get hired somewhere else - age, physical condition, family issues, etc. - still had employment for another 10+ years. And possibly that got them to Pension or Social Security age when Yellow finally shut down. A win/win for everyone all things considered. .

That's a fair question. It's been 14 years and seven months from the original pay cut to the "last day". For me (who worked a lot of OT) and many of the road drivers and for that matter a lot of other people, the total concession between pay, benefits, vacation forfeiture of a week for several years, it all totaled slightly over $300,000. Yes, I've kept track of it all this time.
Truth be told you could have left early on and you would have never have had to give that up. Right? And your calculation doesn't take into account the starting rate/progression you would have been subject to starting at a new job, the loss of seniority, the minimal vacation time you would get starting new. That diminishes the amount you "lost" to some degree by you having stayed.

Last edited:
Truth be told you could have left early on and you would have never have had to give that up. Right? And your calculation doesn't take into account the starting rate/progression you would have been subject to starting at a new job, the loss of seniority, the minimal vacation time you would get starting new. That diminishes the amount you "lost" to some degree by you having stayed.
That is all true

No one can say they “gave up” $$$$. They voluntarily agreed to work there for that wage every week when they clocked in, and again when they cashed their paycheck. Also, no one can actually be sure the company would have survived to pay any wage had the concessions not happened.

In my case, I left in early 2009. No concessions from me.

In spite of what you may have been brainwashed into believing, no one was conned. And Yellow continuing in business for many years still provided decent incomes to over 30,000 employees there. Sounds like they benefitted. 🙂
Tell that to the other 30000 mens jobs they killed along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.