A blown tire caused this mess.

They always refer to an 18-wheeler in these news articles but was it maybe running super singles? One of those blows it's got to make a truck more prone to rollover, a dual blows you've still got an inside or outside. Just wondering since there seems to be more carriers running super singles of late.

They always refer to an 18-wheeler in these news articles but was it maybe running super singles? One of those blows it's got to make a truck more prone to rollover, a dual blows you've still got an inside or outside. Just wondering since there seems to be more carriers running super singles of late.

That looked like it was his left front steer tire? I've had blowouts in my lifetime, but never had a steer tire blow. That must be quite a surprise? Hope I finish my career without ever getting one!

I've had two steer tires blow out on me.
Both times I was going slow enough to safely pull to the shoulder of the road without causing a wreak.
Although both times I was really shocked when they let go.
it sounded like a bomb going off in front of me.

I've had two steer tires blow out on me.
Both times I was going slow enough to safely pull to the shoulder of the road without causing a wreak.
Although both times I was really shocked when they let go.
it sounded like a bomb going off in front of me.

My gosh, I am glad you were going slow enough, I guess it was good that you were a city driver and not doing high speed driving when it happened? Not that 57 or 62 is "hi speed" per se, but still at least you were able to control it. It is hard to imagine the sound, not to mention the response needed?

My gosh, I am glad you were going slow enough, I guess it was good that you were a city driver and not doing high speed driving when it happened? Not that 57 or 62 is "hi speed" per se, but still at least you were able to control it. It is hard to imagine the sound, not to mention the response needed?
or the odor that followed!!!!!!!!:Fart:

You my friend hillbilly frog are very funny.
But no I did not fill up my britches with body waste.
I just had to get my eye balls off the windshield so I could see to pull over.
Yes also being a city driver I was only doing around 30mph both times so it was a jerk on the wheel,but not anything the jerk behind the steering wheel couldn't handle.

iT creates quite a sparkler show with steel belted radials ! I had a Michelin steer blow one time it was at night and those steel belts really throw some sparks ! Like Apostolistic stated , I have had three steer tires let go on me thankfully, I was on straight a-ways and didn't have a crackup !