Estes | A few questions

Well the trucks run faster than 45 mph here so it’s not a problem. I have run a little more than 4000 miles in a 7 day period several times here. Turned in 3700 miles last week.
You're a lot tougher than me, I grumbled and complained if they asked me to run more than 2500

Running 3,000 isn’t expected or asked of anyone. You can be lazy and central dispatch figures out that you’d rather lay in the hotel watching tv than running and making money. If you want to run hard they’ll sure let you though.

My philosophy when I ran the extraboard was if I wasn’t home anyway, I might as well be making it worth it.

I’ve worked through a couple of recessions here now. I’m glad these young broke folks can make money right now. Make it while you can. Sometimes it’s not there.

Running 3,000 isn’t expected or asked of anyone. You can be lazy and central dispatch figures out that you’d rather lay in the hotel watching tv than running and making money. If you want to run hard they’ll sure let you though.

My philosophy when I ran the extraboard was if I wasn’t home anyway, I might as well be making it worth it.

I’ve worked through a couple of recessions here now. I’m glad these young broke folks can make money right now. Make it while you can. Sometimes it’s not there.
Wise words, I live by the same philosophy. I don’t get out and run 6-7 days every week but when I’m away from home I’m running as hard as I can for whatever period I’m gone. I can lounge around at home but I’m calling on my 9th hour trying to get out of there on 10 when I’m on the road.

Wise words, I live by the same philosophy. I don’t get out and run 6-7 days every week but when I’m away from home I’m running as hard as I can for whatever period I’m gone. I can lounge around at home but I’m calling on my 9th hour trying to get out of there on 10 when I’m on the road.
You guys have more away from home time.
We ran 1 layover and back home, it was rare to run a second, and you had to be home on the 4th.
Our 500-mile bids ran 3 each week, C F ran theirs 3 one week and 2 the next.
We ran 6 Atl turns, which was a mankiller.

When I layover I try to enjoy a nice meal at a restaurant close by. Life is too short, but each to his own I guess.