Yellow | A Veteran's Day Story You Won't Forget!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
HERE'S A VETERANS DAY STORY THAT YOU WON'T FORGET!

A veteran wounded by an IED is ‘feeling whole’ now after a breakthrough ***** and scrotum transplant

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ransplant-success-us-veteran-ied-afghanistan/

mail

THANKS TO ALL THE VETERANS ON TRUCKINGBOARDS WHO SERVED THEIR COUNTRY. TOMORROW NOVEMBER 11, 2019 IS THE DAY TO THANK THEM AND ALL THE VETERANS WHO SERVED.

:usa:

For now, the prohibitive cost of the procedure makes it out of reach for most wounded veterans. As The Washington Post’s Eli Rosenberg reported last year, the transplant was not covered by insurance. The hospital covered most of the costs, which were estimated at $300,000 to $400,000.

My question is that if they are wounded veterans then why wouldn't the VA pay for the surgery?

My question is that if they are wounded veterans then why wouldn't the VA pay for the surgery?
That’s my main problem with Government provided HealthCare. If Private Insurance says no, you can appeal, get outside help, or pay yourself. If all we have is Total Government HealthCare, and the Government says no- then you’re done. Period.

That’s my main problem with Government provided HealthCare. If Private Insurance says no, you can appeal, get outside help, or pay yourself. If all we have is Total Government HealthCare, and the Government says no- then you’re done. Period.
I understand your position. I have mixed feeling on the subject of government provided healthcare. But I'm talking about combat wounded disabled veterans. They should be able to have any operation that may be needed for them to attain some quality of life regardless of the costs. If the VA isn't providing for the veteran because of costs then I can see why on average 22 veterans a day are committing *******.

The patient, who also lost his legs when he stepped on an improvised explosive device in 2010, is one of more than 1,300 U.S. soldiers to suffer genital injuries in Afghanistan and Iraq between 2001 and 2013. For many, the wounds take a brutal psychological toll. Returning from war, soldiers face a bleak future where they may never father biological children, and forming intimate relationships or experiencing sexual pleasure seems impossible. Making matters worse, some consider discussing their injuries taboo.

Not true, I have successfully challenged the VA on more than one occasion

Not true, I have successfully challenged the VA on more than one occasion
I referred to the proposed MediCare for All. Before OCare was forced thru, one woman in Obama’s audience asked about a transplant for her 101 year old, still sharp as a tack Mother. Obama told her she needs to realize that the cost to Society would be a waste, and it was time to give her Mom a Pain Pill. (There are videos of him saying that)

Under a Medicare for All type Program, Doctors cannot acccept cash, or payments from any other entity except Government. And there would be (as WAS, now dropped) in OCare, a Board of Directors, directing what patient gets money spent on them, determined by how much value that person is deemed to provide to Society, proportional to the Cost of the Operation. Called The Whole Lives Plan, written by Ezekiel Emmanuel. Hence, Sarah Palin’s correct term- Death Panels. Old people, and Special Needs Children would be allowed to die, saving money for the Government, and supposedly making America more efficient.

I referred to the proposed MediCare for All. Before OCare was forced thru, one woman in Obama’s audience asked about a transplant for her 101 year old, still sharp as a tack Mother. Obama told her she needs to realize that the cost to Society would be a waste, and it was time to give her Mom a Pain Pill. (There are videos of him saying that)

Under a Medicare for All type Program, Doctors cannot acccept cash, or payments from any other entity except Government. And there would be (as WAS, now dropped) in OCare, a Board of Directors, directing what patient gets money spent on them, determined by how much value that person is deemed to provide to Society, proportional to the Cost of the Operation. Called The Whole Lives Plan, written by Ezekiel Emmanuel. Hence, Sarah Palin’s correct term- Death Panels. Old people, and Special Needs Children would be allowed to die, saving money for the Government, and supposedly making America more efficient.
Just like England and Canada