Holland | After 14 months

usmck1

TB Lurker
Credits
so what if after 14 months YRC still is in a hurt. Can they say we need another year? My opinion is that if YRC can`t get str8 in 14 months we all we be gone....:USA:

so what if after 14 months YRC still is in a hurt. Can they say we need another year? My opinion is that if YRC can`t get str8 in 14 months we all we be gone....:USA:

I am not going to disagree with you, but use the next 14 months to get yoursself right. If we have that long.

do it now

I am not going to disagree with you, but use the next 14 months to get yoursself right. If we have that long.
Good advice, be smart and get moving on it. you need to
Start thinking hard on plan B. what’s your plan when you hit the curb?
Any idea? That day is coming, you don’t have 14 months.

There is a lot of negative talk right now, will it work? I do not know, I am thinking it will. I am buying stock. What if I lose, OH WELL. I have my self right, both finances and mental. I hope all goes well. I know one thing, You should not worry about what you cannot fix. Leave it in the hands of the LORD. I have been a teamster all of my life, I do not like what I am seeing now, but I am still a teamster. I am ducking right now. So go ahead and throw stones. I believe what the teamsters and the funds, as well as yrcw are doing is to keep as many working as possible. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THIS SHIP SINK. I for one have as much to lose as anyone else. WE will all survive, but the morale has to improve first. Vote yes, if nothing else, to give yourself more time. Did YRCW make big mistakes?, YES, Did the economy go south?, YES. Is everyone worried?, YES. Are most other LTL companies hurting?, YES. Did other companies take away or lower Benifits and retirement? YES. Are they doing better now?, YES to some degree. Will YRCW make it? MAYBE. If they do !!!! PRICELESS.

waiting to see what kind of collateral yrc has left to put up,seems everything been sold and leased back. theres no value left,this vote will pass, wake-up, are you ready to live every day worried about tomorrow.tell them no,stick a fork in it,were done.

aint gonna happen

waiting to see what kind of collateral yrc has left to put up,seems everything been sold and leased back. theres no value left,this vote will pass, wake-up, are you ready to live every day worried about tomorrow.tell them no,stick a fork in it,were done.
Some simple math here, yrc claims to spend (on average) $40 mill
per month on pension payments. 14 months X $40 mill = $560 million.
Does anyone believe yrc has $560 million in free and clear properties
Laying around? Everything they own is already tied up, we won’t see a dime.
We took the pay cuts for %15 ownership/stocks so we could get our money back. how’s that panning out?

Has anyone have any insight on these questions:

I thought under that vote of the 10% giveback, It was outlined if they wanted more or to change any terms, it would SNAPBACK. Meaning, go back to full rate?

The way I see it, if they are not putting anything up for our future from our sweat and blood, they should pay us what were worth and let us put something away for our future.

Why 14 months????? was it just a knife twist? (this company can't add day to day expenses much less 14 months down the road)

Why I say this is, This means... If you don't have 1000 hours in by July you don't get credited with that yearof service?
On the other end, there is no way to earn 1000 hours in 2010 from September on. Right?

So, it looks like you lose 2 years of service credit??

Do I have this right or am I misunderstanding something. Someone shed some light on this for me. Thanks

If YRC can't make a 40 million payment now, how in the hell will they pay 560 mill in 14 months plus what will be due at that time. Also they have to show a profit for years end. Good luck to all YRC employees and best of luck. I hope it all works out for you guys.:TR10driving03:

Some simple math here, yrc claims to spend (on average) $40 mill
per month on pension payments. 14 months X $40 mill = $560 million.
Does anyone believe yrc has $560 million in free and clear properties
Laying around? Everything they own is already tied up, we won’t see a dime.
We took the pay cuts for %15 ownership/stocks so we could get our money back. how’s that panning out?
I thinkn there is a big misunderstanding here
The 14 month deferment is UNSECURED not backed up by property liens, basically an IOU. Only the current quarter is to be secured by secondary liens on property.
After the 14 month deferment there will be a repayment process which they haven't said how long it will take. It could be completely open ended.

I have been told since I have been in the union that the pension would be gone by the time I retired along with Social Security. So it really doesn't matter to me except I have friends who are, and are about to rely on the pension for their retirement.

im there

I thinkn there is a big misunderstanding here
The 14 month deferment is UNSECURED not backed up by property liens, basically an IOU. Only the current quarter is to be secured by secondary liens on property.
After the 14 month deferment there will be a repayment process which they haven't said how long it will take. It could be completely open ended.

I have been told since I have been in the union that the pension would be gone by the time I retired along with Social Security. So it really doesn't matter to me except I have friends who are, and are about to rely on the pension for their retirement.
Crap, even worse. I didn’t have my lawyer hat on when reading thru the sec
Filing. I already lost the job, now im just sitting on the sidelines watching everybody else
Get screwed and my Pension money disappear.

If you are feeling so let down and so used,,,,,,,,Come join us at FEDEX we will show you just how useddddd you can be. We have no retirement to speak of!!! Good Luck

If you are feeling so let down and so used,,,,,,,,Come join us at FEDEX we will show you just how useddddd you can be. We have no retirement to speak of!!! Good Luck
Just a small difference. When you went to FEDEX, you understood the rules and benefits. We (Union) were sold a better bag of goodies. But, now the bag seems to be empty.:shades: