XPO | after 25 years

teamsterwannaB

TB Veteran
Credits
The company went green, ICP is in the crapper and my 401K is too! Good thing we turned the trucks down, we`re saving a bundle! No cake? No decals for the trailers? Whats going on here? :hide:

Did you not get your flame hat?

:captain:

Yeah no kidding...if you got your flame hat...why would you want more??? some people are just never satisfied...geesh...you still got some of your pension, and they did (gag) increase your 401k...and the best part is...they took us in CCX from available 14 extra days off (sick, opt, personal) down to 7...what more could you ask for?:1036316054:

The company went green, ICP is in the crapper and my 401K is too! Good thing we turned the trucks down, we`re saving a bundle! No cake? No decals for the trailers? Whats going on here? :hide:

in case you have been living under a rock for the last six months... RECESSION ! ! !

icp: is based on profits this year... ya gotta have it to haul before you can think about doing it at a profitable rate

401K: all based on the performance of the stock market and Friday's close once again reflects the big 'R' word

at the end of 2008 "He who looses least wins". Which means simply you might as well forget about profits in this business for 2008.

There's an old cartoon of two vultures sitting on a branch when one says "if something doesn't die pretty soon I'll have to go and kill something myself". This current economy with it's fuel costs brings us to a point in this industry of what I will call the "Donner Principle". Given all the current conditions, there isn't enough food (freight) to feed everyone (all LTL carriers). Everyone won't survive until the end of this recession. Only the strongest will survive the hardships and we witnessed the first to close this last week. It's a dog-eat-dog world and while our corporate management is not user friendly, their cynical behavior may be what gets them the "big dog" title when the dust settles and the fight is over.

Twenty-five years from now, drivers will be saying "IC...what? When did we get that?" The ICP and other benefits will have gone through years of enhancements.

well lets see I got my flamer hat and sold it on Ebay, it fetched me $1.99 :hysterical: MG I am not under a rock I can assure you of that. It just strikes us as funny when we had alot of hoopla for making 20 years, And now we cry broke so 25 is not a big deal.............

they took us in CCX from available 14 extra days off (sick, opt, personal) down to 7...what more could you ask for?:1036316054:

this would never have happen if drivers would of used the days for what they was intended for instead of deer season, my dogs sick ,my a** hurts for sitting on it, i stayed out at the bar last night until close and could not get up etc.... etc.... etc.....

i'm pretty new to this company,but can assure you, we have it pretty good compared to the competition, we get time and 1/2, as od, estes , or a central driver who gets straight time, and just this week had his top pay scale cut from 19 to 14 hour

I remember a story some years back on one of those news shows about the employees of an air carrier (delta I think) buying the company a jet. When there was a bad recesion going on and while other carriers were laying off people, the co. layed no one off. The employees were so appreciative that they took a companywide collection and bought a jet for the co. It was initiated by several diehards no doubt, but the rest followed suit and gave. What goes around, comes around.

Let's take up a collection to help out with the rent. $10,000/month housing allowance will barely get you out of skid row.:hysterical: We do not have it as bad as others,but with diminishing benefits we are no longer the gold standard of LTL. What used to set us apart from company X and make us the envy of everyone is no more. I have heard the poverty story till I just want vomit. The way things have a spin put on them you would think we are broke.Not the case though cause even in tough times we will still make millions in PROFITS. I am all for us having efficiant operations,but should the backbone of this company have to suffer through financial hardship while the upper crust line their pockets even more? I feel that insttutional investors knew half of the BS we have to deal with they would spend their investment dollars elsewhere.The drivers are not the only ones that have had the wool pulled over their eyes.:chairshot::hide: We would need a 15% raise just to cover inflation this year alone. The million dollar question is will we get 2% or 0%.

Let's take up a collection to help out with the rent. $10,000/month housing allowance will barely get you out of skid row.:hysterical: We do not have it as bad as others,but with diminishing benefits we are no longer the gold standard of LTL. What used to set us apart from company X and make us the envy of everyone is no more. I have heard the poverty story till I just want vomit. The way things have a spin put on them you would think we are broke.Not the case though cause even in tough times we will still make millions in PROFITS. I am all for us having efficiant operations,but should the backbone of this company have to suffer through financial hardship while the upper crust line their pockets even more? I feel that insttutional investors knew half of the BS we have to deal with they would spend their investment dollars elsewhere.The drivers are not the only ones that have had the wool pulled over their eyes.:chairshot::hide: We would need a 15% raise just to cover inflation this year alone. The million dollar question is will we get 2% or 0%.
American Airlines is a good example of this. They say that the cost of fuel is killing their profit and they have people on lay-off, yet, the top execs. are still being paid big bonuses. American is locally based here and you can see stories like this in the Dallas Morning News all of the time.

this would never have happen if drivers would of used the days for what they was intended for instead of deer season, my dogs sick ,my a** hurts for sitting on it, i stayed out at the bar last night until close and could not get up etc.... etc.... etc.....

You are incorrect.,,it would have happened as it saves the company money...sure you could call people using it as abusing it...that is what most people will do...fully understand and comprehend this...it is/was a benefit, similar to the company cars, the insurance, etc...it is given with rules, and is used by people who have it..it is how benefits are meant...the entire purpose...

now beyond your limited knowledge of how some things work...this is what happened...the sick days is a cost liability...the personal days are cost liabilities...the 2 optional days are not as we pay for them...now you take the mentality of probably 80% of the simple workforce..me and you, and you tell them here, we are giving you an extra 3 days of personal time off which you can use however you chose (very limited rules) in addition to your 2 already you get, and the majority say "cool"...you also get (which is what I feel was the biggest clincher) the management losers (TM's on down) who were not allowed to use their sick days basically, unless they were dying..now they voice the majority of the below RM opinions at XGO...so now you have 3 factors...the simple minds looking for the extra 3 "free" days, the below RM loser managers, and the fact 10 days is a cost liability...so we smack 'em with only 5 days total, the loser managers below RM can now use their time off, the cost liability was reduced from 12 to 5, and the morons we work with can now take their time off without having to worry about a sick note...

The reason you feel is why they did what they did is EXACTLY what they want you to believe...so you just go on believing that and enjoy your new conway ink pens with your safety points...you could use your pens to figure out your pension stuff too..no wait they took that too...

also you need to remember we are working for conway freight not ccx two totally different companies.
does anyone notice things started going downhill when the whole re-branding thing started ?? not to mention since DM took over,. this place has went to hell.
yeah i know i know i can quit if i dont like it. but that dont pay the bills. the best way i have found to deal with all the changes is just take it. come to work do your job and go home and forget about it. ITS JUST A JOB.

You think we didn`t try. Boss my kids graduation is friday can I get a vacation day? No joe its the end of the month and a blackout day so you cannot watch your child graduate, moving freight is much more important! Do you see how dumb this sounds? So now its a PTO day, same result though, and I am sorry but my childs graduation is more important than me working a day when I might not even see 8 hours.

A few years back I was involved in an accident (not my fault) and called in to see if my husband could have the night off to stay with me. His then TM said no, they couldn't spare him. I called while at the accident scene and was in pain. If my husband had that night off I was going to have someone get him and come to me. Instead I let him sleep and then went to the ER that night to be checked out.

BTW, this was the same TM I had mentioned earlier that said he had no clue where my husband was during an ice storm and I was left for nearly 3 days wondering where my husband was, if he was ok, what motel was he at, when was he going to get to head home, etc. Husband told me that all the TM had to do was call Dallas to find out. And for some reason our local rural telephone co-op wasn't letting me get collect calls.

And before anyone says something about the accident and it not being my fault:

A young woman was on her cellphone talking and didn't see a stopped car in the road waiting on me to pass so it could turn. The woman rear ended the back of the other car and then travelled into my lane causing me to go into a deep muddy ditch in my small car I owned at that time. :hide:

You think we didn`t try. Boss my kids graduation is friday can I get a vacation day? No joe its the end of the month and a blackout day so you cannot watch your child graduate, moving freight is much more important! Do you see how dumb this sounds? So now its a PTO day, same result though, and I am sorry but my childs graduation is more important than me working a day when I might not even see 8 hours.

also you need to remember we are working for conway freight not ccx two totally different companies.
does anyone notice things started going downhill when the whole re-branding thing started ?? not to mention since DM took over,. this place has went to hell.
yeah i know i know i can quit if i dont like it. but that dont pay the bills. the best way i have found to deal with all the changes is just take it. come to work do your job and go home and forget about it. ITS JUST A JOB.
Yep it's just a job and after all the pilferage is over it might not even be that. We are losing customers at an alarming rate and the only ones who seem to be concerned are the drivers.Why?

Yep it's just a job and after all the pilferage is over it might not even be that. We are losing customers at an alarming rate and the only ones who seem to be concerned are the drivers.Why?
Because we are the ones that see people on an everyday basis and know our customers by name, I don`t think the fat guy it the office cares, he already (earned) his millions :nutkick:

Things started going down hill before the re naming and before the merge and before Dave M...the other Dave Mc :last started the downfall...sad to say but i am very well aware of the fact there is no longer CCX, and everyone else is well aware of that as well...as it seems ccx was the model for the other two to follow, and many of ccx's functions are now incorporated into the cnw thing...to include HQ, most of the HR people and pretty much the personnel rules contained in the ever eluding policy book...

Twenty years ago I started on a quest, because of a meeting that I had with G. Detter, and in that meeting Mr. Detter said that he did not like o/o`s. My reply was that if Leland James was not an o/o when he started that he ( Detter ) would not have a job. That was when I started to research CF and all that it encompassed. All of what is happening now is the same game plan that was started in 1964, with the only difference being the players. I have done a very deep research into the company and connected all the people and all the flow of the money coming and going, and now with the future in mind, it can be said that if you are at the top 1/3 of you board at your terminal, you will still have a job, but if you are on the bottom 2/3`s, it might be a good time to start looking elsewhere. I know what everyone thinks of me and what I do, and it does not bother me, and I still do not hold the record of lawsuits, that belongs to a man in Georgia with 7 going at the same time. It has been asked that people read all my posts to find out what we have tried to tell you all of these years and I truly sorry that the threads had to be written in the way that they were ( that it was written in that way to keep me out of court ), but you have to do what you have to do. CON-way will be around for awhile, but not like you know it now. This is my last post for awhile, I will not be around to answer anything for at least a month, best to all, and do not believe anything that I have to say.:USA::Duel::gathering::nono:

CCX's model was good for CCX. Not sure if it was good for CSW or CSE, but it sucked for CWX. Also, If you look at your Con-way history book CWX was the 1st Con-way company started and the 1st Con-way company to show a profit. The CCX business plan/model has never worked out West and it never will. Unfortunately this company is now being run by a bunch of narrow-minded knuckle-heads who did not pay attention to their mentors. As is always the case when someone new comes in, It's, "There's a new sheriff in town and we're going to fix a wheel that's not broken, or better yet lets re-invent the wheel!