XPO | after 25 years

CCX's model was good for CCX. Not sure if it was good for CSW or CSE, but it sucked for CWX. Also, If you look at your Con-way history book CWX was the 1st Con-way company started and the 1st Con-way company to show a profit. The CCX business plan/model has never worked out West and it never will. Unfortunately this company is now being run by a bunch of narrow-minded knuckle-heads who did not pay attention to their mentors. As is always the case when someone new comes in, It's, "There's a new sheriff in town and we're going to fix a wheel that's not broken, or better yet lets re-invent the wheel!

This is all over the entire company. With the new leadership we have, it seems to me a lot of decision making power has been taken away from regional and local management, and now those decisions are made at the top. The problem with that is what you have said, you can't cover the entire company with the same blanket policies. Freight works a little different in New Jersey than it does in North Dakota. What I don't know is if they do not understand this, or choose not to.

A few years back I was involved in an accident (not my fault) and called in to see if my husband could have the night off to stay with me. His then TM said no, they couldn't spare him. I called while at the accident scene and was in pain. If my husband had that night off I was going to have someone get him and come to me. Instead I let him sleep and then went to the ER that night to be checked out.

BTW, this was the same TM I had mentioned earlier that said he had no clue where my husband was during an ice storm and I was left for nearly 3 days wondering where my husband was, if he was ok, what motel was he at, when was he going to get to head home, etc. Husband told me that all the TM had to do was call Dallas to find out. And for some reason our local rural telephone co-op wasn't letting me get collect calls.
Does your hubby not have a cell phone? I can not believe a line driver does not have one, or even a city driver for that matter! As for that former TM, he is a real dirtbag for not calling you and telling you the deal.

The cellphones that the L/H have here are their own and not owned by the company. Second for some reason my husband had no charger and his phone was out so he tried to call home from the motel. He charged his cell before heading out and was calling L/H, talking to them and ran his phone down. We still don't know why our local phone company wouldn't accept collect calls from whatever carrier he was using at the motel.

He now has a charger with him no matter what and I have phone numbers of others although since then we haven't had any problems with another TM like that.

The former TM was a quirky guy I guess. I don't know why he couldn't just tell me where my husband was, surely he looked on the fax forms to find out where the freight/drivers were? I called him TWICE and he said both times he had no information. Maybe he was a former CIA agent :1036316054:

The daytime drivers have company cellphones.
Does your hubby not have a cell phone? I can not believe a line driver does not have one, or even a city driver for that matter! As for that former TM, he is a real dirtbag for not calling you and telling you the deal.