TForce | All road runs cut!!!

Toliet Paper

TB Regular
Credits
TM told me this morning that all roads are cut for Friday night. The computer systems are being switched over and moved to Canada. He also stated that we would have to come in Sunday and run our runs. I see a lot of article 18 section 2 and article 44 grievances on Monday. At least were pulling away from UPS.

TM told me this morning that all roads are cut for Friday night. The computer systems are being switched over and moved to Canada. He also stated that we would have to come in Sunday and run our runs. I see a lot of article 18 section 2 and article 44 grievances on Monday. At least were pulling away from UPS.
99% of the road runs in the northeast are sun to Thursday! I absolutely hate it! Anyone else run sun to Thursday??

Ahh yes. TF is but an inkling of what it was back when it was a real company. When I started at Overnite back in the 70s, I thought I would retire from there. I watch it from afar now and I see it whirling down the ol crapper. It was a great company to work for and man did I learn a lot. One of those things was how to properly handle all types of freight. Most of it was not palletized and/or shrink-wrapped. It was work back in the day and the damages were few because it was done the proper way and many times without a forklift. My barn of 100+ doors had 5 forklifts.
Before I got out of the business and retired, I would see how the younger generation would destroy freight and didn't give a rip. Almost wanted to make me shed a tear at the ignorance and inexperience.
The last half of my long career was on the road and I saw many changes there also.
So there, that's my 2 cents worth.

If the union agrees to let the company do this, your grievance will die in deadlock. I am sure that the company has already told the union that this is a necessary operational change .
You may see your money during the rein of queen Dick.

$336.00 a day paid no matter what for 6 days week bouncing and knocking around YankeesStan.

At that kind of money there should be no bitching.

And that Freight? Really precious stuff. Pallets or not.

If the union agrees to let the company do this, your grievance will die in deadlock. I am sure that the company has already told the union that this is a necessary operational change .
You may see your money during the rein of queen Dick.
Actually the IBT released a memo stating the company would held to their contractual obligations.

When I drove linehaul for
Dayton Freight Lines, I sure wished we ran Sunday night to Thursday night. Friday nite linehaul was usually a cluster fk, and getting late Saturday morning, sometimes noon, it ruined the whole weekend.
Sunday at 6 PM..start…

When I drove linehaul for
Dayton Freight Lines, I sure wished we ran Sunday night to Thursday night. Friday nite linehaul was usually a cluster fk, and getting home late Saturday morning, sometimes noon, it ruined the whole weekend.
Wife wishes I was S-Th. No thanks. I’ll take Sat AM traffic over Mon every week. Wait for it…I do.

Actually the IBT released a memo stating the company would held to their contractual obligations.
Yes I believe the company knows they will have to pay the guarantee or next weeks OT for running 6 days, but they can hold up the payouts in grievance hearings for some time…pay later and maybe a negotiated settlement for less. Stranger things have happened…:fart55:

Yes I believe the company knows they will have to pay the guarantee or next weeks OT for running 6 days, but they can hold up the payouts in grievance hearings for some time…pay later and maybe a negotiated settlement for less. Stranger things have happened…:fart55:
The only contract language I can find states on the 7th consecutive day is double time no mention of time and a half on the 6th. But I'm old and don't mind being corrected.

The only contract language I can find states on the 7th consecutive day is double time no mention of time and a half on the 6th. But I'm old and don't mind being corrected.
Past practice was time and half after 8 or 40. Never paid premium time on mileage on the sixth day. Only on clock time.
I am also open to correction...

A strongly worded letter, means nothing. Company can deadlock any grievance and force arbitration. If they do, you'll get your money in 2 or 3 years.