Estes | Am I missing something?

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
The terminals are keeping a tally on idling, over r.p.m, and coasting to guide us to help on fuel costs to save the company a little money. Hence the list at the terminals with our scores every week. How come i don't hear no complaining about the trailers being over loaded and the fines being paid on that. I got pulled in and officer told me i was the 3rd Estes driver in an hours time to get ticketed. Ive heard they don't have enough tandems for the road drivers and the single axels pulling the vans are getting ticketed quiet often. You would think the kind of money these companies boast about making on their news media that they could afford some damn tandem tractors. The rich and their curios ways.

The terminals are keeping a tally on idling, over r.p.m, and coasting to guide us to help on fuel costs to save the company a little money. Hence the list at the terminals with our scores every week. How come i don't hear no complaining about the trailers being over loaded and the fines being paid on that. I got pulled in and officer told me i was the 3rd Estes driver in an hours time to get ticketed. Ive heard they don't have enough tandems for the road drivers and the single axels pulling the vans are getting ticketed quiet often. You would think the kind of money these companies boast about making on their news media that they could afford some damn tandem tractors. The rich and their curios ways.
If the scales are open, stop for lunch.

Shouldn’t really need a twin screw to pull pups

As for the city guys, gotta watch how you’re loaded and make sure there’s no heavy ::shit:: in the first 2 rows

Shouldn’t really need a twin screw to pull pups

As for the city guys, gotta watch how you’re loaded and make sure there’s no heavy ::::shit:::: in the first 2 rows
A lot of the runs have pups one way then a van back. They rarely account for the van and a lot of the time you're over on the steers or the rear axle and the trailer is already adjusted as far forward as it will go.

Dispatcher said just bring the tickets on in like it was not a big thing. Im like if it's not a big thing then why monitor the drivers on their driving ways? It's all trucking politics. Rules for thee but not for me.

With the number of automatics we have I don’t know what tracking over rpm and coasting will do for them. I drive an automatic and it constantly runs high rpms before shifting, even without jamming your foot in it while accelerating. Also, it takes itself out of gear and coasts downhill too. None of this is within my control.

With the number of automatics we have I don’t know what tracking over rpm and coasting will do for them. I drive an automatic and it constantly runs high rpms before shifting, even without jamming your foot in it while accelerating. Also, it takes itself out of gear and coasts downhill too. None of this is within my control.
You could take lunch while coasting downhill? That you can control.

There’s the manual override button, unless you work for one of the a-hole outfits who disables that

There’s the manual override button, unless you work for one of the a-hole outfits who disables that
The override works in my truck. I usually only use it when the weather is bad or if it doesn’t downshift early enough on a hill. The rest of the time I let it do it’s thing… I figure they set the spec on it, so I guess that’s the way they wanted it.

You just have to listen to them **** and money about saving in certain areas and in others they don't seem to care so why even take them seriously. Reminds me of the global warming crybabies. You ride a bike to save the planet while we fly in private jets. Yada yada yada

Lock it in