FedEx Freight | Annual Bids

April. Our bid started on the 12th and is supposed to be a 6 week bid. Then do scheduled bid in April. And a bump/rebid in May when furlough drivers return.

It seems like we haven't gone 6-8 weeks without a bump/rebid the last year or so. Either furlough, cutting runs or drivers going/coming back from medical leave.

Hmm,last year company bid was may,so i think this year the bid will be pushed back for the furlough drivers to be back.

I wouldn't say there's no consistency. It's generally every 4 months, sometimes pushed up or back by a couple weeks. It just seems so inconsistent because of every SC independently doing their own rebids and bump bids all the time. The last systemwide bid was January 8.

If Hawkeye is correct, that would put the bid at April 23, about 2 weeks early. If they wait until the furloughs are up, that bid would be 3 weeks late.

The info I got was from our road advisor but it doesn't mean that it will not change. For right now the general consensus at my yard Is we will bid in April but it will not go into effect until May when furlough drivers return. Which will result in a bump if they do another furlough.

Last edited:
Seems like drivers in Denver were told this week that the next full bid will be in June.

BID.md.jpeg

May is the looming disaster nobody is talking about. I don't see freight volume picking up and all those people on furlough have to come back because unemployment only lasts 6 months. That small slice of pie is going to get a little smaller.
TRUTH….I’ll try and extend mine another 3 months.

Whats a “bump bid”?

It's a bid that takes place with there's a change in assignments like a run getting deleted, a termination or retirement.

For example you're number 20 in seniority and your run gets deleted, they'll do a bid that starts at 20 instead of number 1.

Some buildings will let everyone bid, others will only allow you to bid if you're bumped from your assignment, hence bump bid.