FedEx Freight | Annual bids

We're bidding sometime this month going into effect in January. I don't really pay attention to dates since I always go extraboard and nothing really changes.

They still doing 3 bids a year or did they back it down to 2? Also Is this still a winter bid for 3 to 4 months or is this unknown until we're told soon. Nothing surprises me. Just curious if anyone actually knows or not.

They still doing 3 bids a year or did they back it down to 2? Also Is this still a winter bid for 3 to 4 months or is this unknown until we're told soon. Nothing surprises me. Just curious if anyone actually knows or not.
We can bid in january and then after 2 months again.... company discretion🙂

Still 3 per year but the dates and timing aren't as rigid as it used to be. We had a 6 month long winter bid this year, followed by a 2 month long spring bid.

With the various rebids and bump bids throughout the year, these systemwide bids don't matter as much unless your center has a small road board without a lot of movement.

Speaking of bids, has anyone started vacation bids yet or heard anything about them?
They gave us our vacation bid forms right after thanksgiving, they are due on December 20th.
Also road bids are completed and take affect January 7th as do the city bids, and city bids are a joke anyways, nothing changes on those and 90% of city guys do not have assigned equipment anyways.

In Dallas we were given our vacation bids sheets on Nov. 28 and had to be in by 12-1. when asked about the guys on vacation we were told vacation bids were extended till 12-6 for the guys on vacation. Dallas is so F'ed up.

In Dallas we were given our vacation bids sheets on Nov. 28 and had to be in by 12-1. when asked about the guys on vacation we were told vacation bids were extended till 12-6 for the guys on vacation. Dallas is so F'ed up.
Not sure what you mean? You should be required to have paperwork work in while you are on vacation?