FedEx Freight | Another Benefit taken away !!

Atwillemployee

TB Lurker
Credits
Fedex has provided us with at cost medication with our own Walgreens pharmacy and a healthcare center that was a lot cheaper than going to our doctors office. They are closing the pharmacy and health centers.

fedex had Walgreens that were exclusive to employees and not to the public. We have been using them for a couple of years and they told me today that fedex decided to close all of the pharmacies and health centers. The Memphis location has been there for 10 years and that one is closing as well. The services that got taken away saved employees a lot of money.

fedex had Walgreens that were exclusive to employees and not to the public. We have been using them for a couple of years and they told me today that fedex decided to close all of the pharmacies and health centers. The Memphis location has been there for 10 years and that one is closing as well. The services that got taken away saved employees a lot of money.
If they knew about it....

Don't understand where you say Walgreens is exclusive to FedEx employees only. I've used them long before working at FedEx and don't forsee them closing. Where are you getting your info from? Are these locations at specific FedEx buildings?

Don't understand where you say Walgreens is exclusive to FedEx employees only. I've used them long before working at FedEx and don't forsee them closing. Where are you getting your info from? Are these locations at specific FedEx buildings?
I think they mean certain locations at pop up Walgreens at the location. Sort like banks that have branches at Grocery stores. So it was probably paid for by Fedex so cost was lower.

I think they mean certain locations at pop up Walgreens at the location. Sort like banks that have branches at Grocery stores. So it was probably paid for by Fedex so cost was lower.
Ok no more pop ups. I don't recall ever seeing one exclusive to FedEx employees only. I guess it's a benefit most didn't even have access to. 🙃

This was a Walgreens pharmacy that was strictly medical and it did not have food, drinks and stuff the main Walgreens would have and it was for employees and their family only.

I didn’t say all Walgreens were closing, only the ones that are at health center locations that are for Fedex families and my information came from the pharmacy itself. Call Memphis and ask for yourself.

FEden health centers had a Walgreens pharmacy for meds that was for employees only and it was not a Walgreens store with everything . It was strictly medical and no food and drinks.
Thanks for info. Nice user name. If you're a employee. Welcome to TB. If you're from corporate guess things are getting bad, and they're doing recon.

I didn’t say all Walgreens were closing, only the ones that are at health center locations that are for Fedex families and my information came from the pharmacy itself. Call Memphis and ask for yourself.
I don't need to call Memphis this has to be exclusive to FedEx Express. This is the Freight forum and we don't have that benefit. I'll take your word for it. I just had to ask because the thread is titled as we are losing a benefit that most on here have never heard of. Maybe you could be a little more clear with what division your with. Sorry if you didn't know I'm just a dumb truck driver. Be safe wherever you work!

I don't need to call Memphis this has to be exclusive to FedEx Express. This is the Freight forum and we don't have that benefit. I'll take your word for it. I just had to ask because the thread is titled as we are losing a benefit that most on here have never heard of. Maybe you could be a little more clear with what division your with. Sorry if you didn't know I'm just a dumb truck driver. Be safe wherever you work!
Yes you did, I am part of freight and have been for 30 plus year and you did have the benefit . If you were not made aware of it then someone is not telling you what you need to know. Freight and express had this benefit and maybe they put the healthcare center and pharmacy where they have big hubs.

Yes you did, I am part of freight and have been for 30 plus year and you did have the benefit . If you were not made aware of it then someone is not telling you what you need to know. Freight and express had this benefit and maybe they put the healthcare center and pharmacy where they have big hubs.
Never heard of it in Southern California.

Freight hasn't been around 30 years. Don't start squawking tough guy. Not one person on here has ever heard of this benefit and frankly nobody cares. I'm between 3 of the biggest hubs in the midwest none of them have health centers or Walgreens. A quick internet search shows only 1 location and its at the main FedEx hub in Memphis. A phone call would confirm this is probably the only one. If you don't mind listing other locations since you're so knowledgeable on the matter. :couch:

Last edited: